We Now Await the Coronation of the Greatest Basketball Team of All Time

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Hopefully he can fix his 2014 national champ tattoo.

Jabberdave

Founding Member
Your mom is very pretty.
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin York;n194671 said:
What I want to know. Can somebody tell me? Where is that hip hop, I'm from the Hood, rhyme busting Kentucky white boy....

CATMANIA?

Can you imagine the tales of glad tidings he would regale to us as his Cats march toward an undefeated season and posterity?

He retired. I haven't seen him on the boards in a while.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Apparently Alvin isn't the only Hillbilly with "40-0" tattooed on his ass. I'll laugh mine off if they lose in the 2nd round:

Attachments

• conv_2731.jpg
    conv_2731.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 23

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
How many years has it been since ONE TEAM was almost universally acknowledged as head and shoulders better than all the other teams in the NCAA?

John Calipari has raised the special culture of one and done B players to a fine art. Players coming out of high school are now first looking to join the Kentucky Wildcats like the long ago dynasty of John Wooden and the UCLA Bruins. Think about it, Mr High School Blue Chip NBA wannabe star. You get wined and dined and treated like a Rock Star entering the campus, you don't have to go to class and study like the rest of the students because you're leaving before the school year is done and you have the NBA scouts and agents waiting to worship at your feet.

Let's face reality. Kentucky is the ISIS of College Basketball. The Calipari juggernaut rolls on to the History Books.

PS
Naturally, I'm writing all of this to set them royally for the unexpected unbelievable Buster Douglas knockout. :)

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
When was the last time one team was universally acknowledge as head and shoulders above the rest? 2006-2007.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Man I hate Kentucky and Alvin York for posting about Kentucky. :thumbdown:

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
Alvin York;n195728 said:
How many years has it been since ONE TEAM was almost universally acknowledged as head and shoulders better than all the other teams in the NCAA?

John Calipari has raised the special culture of one and done B players to a fine art. Players coming out of high school are now first looking to join the Kentucky Wildcats like the long ago dynasty of John Wooden and the UCLA Bruins. Think about it, Mr High School Blue Chip NBA wannabe star. You get wined and dined and treated like a Rock Star entering the campus, you don't have to go to class and study like the rest of the students because you're leaving before the school year is done and you have the NBA scouts and agents waiting to worship at your feet.

Let's face reality. Kentucky is the ISIS of College Basketball. The Calipari juggernaut rolls on to the History Books.

PS
Naturally, I'm writing all of this to set them royally for the unexpected unbelievable Buster Douglas knockout. :)

Attachments

• conv_2747.jpg
    conv_2747.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 50

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Well Gee someone is recognizing the Lakers of old????? Or perhaps the Celtics??? Take your pick!!

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
G 2;n195783 said:
Man I hate Kentucky and Alvin York for posting about Kentucky. :thumbdown:

Well his connection is he lives in Memphis, and sometimes roots for UT. As they both suck at BBall this year his fallback is to root for that team that Memphis had as a coach before his transgressions were found and he moved to greener places. We at least stick with the Gators no matter what!!!!!

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
rogdochar;n194354 said:
The UCLA NC team when Bill Walton hit something like 20-22 FG shots would beat this UK team. Having an absolutely
unstoppable 40+ scorer plus 4-5 teammates as good as UK's, beats UK. By the way, Walton's shots were not slams,
they were bank shots 15 feet out, over and over again. Real quick moves.
They had outlawed the dunk because of Alcindor. Greatest final game performance ever. 21/22 and Memphis had two strong inside players.......UCLA had some great teams with great talent and probably the greatest coach ever.......UK fans despise him,

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
PastyStoole;n195002 said:
Apparently Alvin isn't the only Hillbilly with "40-0" tattooed on his ass. I'll laugh mine off if they lose in the 2nd round:
I notcied they are at the gulf (fla) showing their asses.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Plenty of the great teams over the years would take this one to task. Our 04s being the most recent ones to come to mind. I also think last year's team would have beaten these guys as well.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Coach Cal must have been shocked. His juggernaut team, the one that blasted West Virginia by 39 points, was outplayed and out hustled by the Norre Dame Fighting Irish. How could that be? And only by the providence of the Irish choking at the end by making their first and worst turnover, a clock violation, did the Cats luck their way into the Final Four.

The Media were touting this Kentucky as the "Greatest NCAA Basketball Team of All Time". Sorry, Cal and Cat fans, but that ship sailed when the Irish throttled the Cats and rightfully should have won the Regional Championship game.

GO, WISCONSIN!!!!!!!!!!!

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Wisconsin will need to slow the pace, play zone and get very physical inside. Even then it won't be enough.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n200250]Wisconsin will need to slow the pace, play zone and get very physical inside. Even then it won't be enough. [/QUOTE]
Wiscy can get up and down the court too. They're a pretty complete team and they are very capable of winning a high scoring game.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n200259 said:
Wiscy can get up and down the court too. They're a pretty complete team and they are very capable of winning a high scoring game.

Ignore 78. He has been slobbering all over UK for the past few months.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Coach Cal
Catmania
Cats

71-64
WISCONSIN

Bon Appetite
eat-crow-elegantly.jpg

:)
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/05/s...y-will-face-duke-in-ncaa-title-game.html?_r=0

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.