We Still Have A Shot!

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not even upset at any of it anymore... I woke up this morning and felt a way Ive never felt before. We lost, and I woke up as if nothing happened and went about my day; Normally a day after a loss im pissy and frustrated. Instead woke up refreshed and happy, watched a great game by my packers and had a nice dinner with my wonderful wife. I think Will Muschamp has finally made gator football meaningless to me. Fall Saturdays are just another day off from work for gator fans, embrace it everyone.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Well in reality if Muschamp was to beat Missouri and Georgia he will be here next season. I doubt we beat Georgia with how we are playing right now but he could save his job with a win over them probably. Some people were saying Foley has told some recruits that Muschamp's job is safe. I guess he has to say that right now.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well technically WM is correct. We win the rest of our SEC games and UK loses one more SEC game, then we will be playing in the SECCG. As of right now, I don't believe that will happen, but things could change around if Treon starts.

Oct 5, 2014
(Updated) Scenario in which Gators might win the 2014 SEC East Championship:

Florida – (Lose to Alabama and LSU) W-L record 8-3 (6-2 in conference)
Kentucky – (lose to Florida, Miss. St., UGA, and LSU) W-L record 8-4 (4-4 in conference)
Missouri – (Lose to Florida, Georgia, A&M, and Arky) W-L record 8-4 (4-4 in conference)
Georgia – (Lose to USCe, Florida, Arky, and Auburn) W-L record 8-4 (4-4 in conference)
USCe – (lose to A&M, Kentucky, Florida and Auburn) W-L record 7-5 (4-4 in conference)
Tennessee – (lose to UGA, Florida, Miss St. and Alabama) W-L record 7-5 (4-4 in conference)
Vanderbilt – (lose all conference games) W-L record 3-9 (0-8) in conference)

If the Gators beat Georgia, they will have the inside track to the Eastern Division championship.

Oct 5, 2014
DAWGS will have their hands full at Arkansas this weekend. The Hogs have not won an SEC game in forever but appear to be ready for a breakout...

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Does the phrase " snowball in hell" register with anyone?

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If Treon starts we have a chance here. Our offense has shown that it has playmakers and we need the right guy to get them the ball. Debose, Powell and Robinson can all make plays and if Treon is QB that makes a huge difference. Include a healthy Matt Jones in that (who we really missed against LSU) and I definitely think we can beat Mizzou, UGA and USCe.

UK won't win out against Miss St, UGA, LSU, etc..., but if they do... then they deserve the East.

If Driskel plays we are doomed. Good kid... bad QB.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The only way coach dumbass gets to Atlanta is if he buys a ticket.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n78090 said:
Well in reality if Muschamp was to beat Missouri and Georgia he will be here next season. I doubt we beat Georgia with how we are playing right now but he could save his job with a win over them probably. Some people were saying Foley has told some recruits that Muschamp's job is safe. I guess he has to say that right now.

Agreed. What is Foley going to tell Recruits that obviously have some relationship with this staff enough to come and want to be a part of it. If he wins the East, i expect him to be here in 2015. But either Georgia has gotten out of its own funk or Missouri is just really $hitty at home this year. Lets hope it is the latter.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Pure incompetence!

I don't care if we win out (beating FSU). It's time to move on. This guy is a POS (as a coach and a person). He's proven it week in and week out, he's made inappropriate comments, he's an embarrassment to the school anytime the camera shows him on the sideline, etc, etc, etc. Quite frankly, I'm ready to see Foley take a walk. He's had a great run, but he's run this program into the ground by making his SECOND piss-poor football hire.

Is there anyone here who still "supports Muschamp"? I think it's obvious none of us want to see JD ever play another snap for UF. But I think there are truly people that have a glimmer of hope that Muschamp will work out. I'd love to hear why....

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
BMF;n78190 said:
Pure incompetence!

I don't care if we win out (beating FSU). It's time to move on. This guy is a POS (as a coach and a person). He's proven it week in and week out, he's made inappropriate comments, he's an embarrassment to the school anytime the camera shows him on the sideline, etc, etc, etc. Quite frankly, I'm ready to see Foley take a walk. He's had a great run, but he's run this program into the ground by making his SECOND piss-poor football hire.

Is there anyone here who still "supports Muschamp"? I think it's obvious none of us want to see JD ever play another snap for UF. But I think there are truly people that have a glimmer of hope that Muschamp will work out. I'd love to hear why....

I think Muschamp has forgotten more football than most of us on this board will every know. But he was never the right fit here. Florida and by extension their fanbase perfers an offensive coach and offensive mentality. Muschamp isn't that, and this isn't a job to learn on the job. He has learned through bad hires and being loyal to the wrong people (coaches and players). I think he will take a coordinator job, and will be a head coach again someday with the lessons learned here. But UF isn't the type of job for a man of his mentallity.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
TheDouglas78;n78193 said:
I think Muschamp has forgotten more football than most of us on this board will every know. But he was never the right fit here. Florida and by extension their fanbase perfers an offensive coach and offensive mentality. Muschamp isn't that, and this isn't a job to learn on the job. He has learned through bad hires and being loyal to the wrong people (coaches and players). I think he will take a coordinator job, and will be a head coach again someday with the lessons learned here. But UF isn't the type of job for a man of his mentallity.

Douglas, I agree that he has more football knowledge that most of us. But so does the head coach at Bowling Green, and Eastern Michigan, and Toledo, and Fresno State, and The Citadel....so what? He needs to go...and it needs to happen NOW! It worked out well when Zook got canned (making a good hire and somewhat salvaging a recruiting class). You're right as well, that he was never the right fit. He needs to go NOW! What is Foley waiting for? Like I said, even if was to win out (which ain't happenin!) he needs to go. He's not the right fit.

Imagine what Roper is thinking through all of this!

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
BMF;n78198 said:
Douglas, I agree that he has more football knowledge that most of us. But so does the head coach at Bowling Green, and Eastern Michigan, and Toledo, and Fresno State, and The Citadel....so what? He needs to go...and it needs to happen NOW! It worked out well when Zook got canned (making a good hire and somewhat salvaging a recruiting class). You're right as well, that he was never the right fit. He needs to go NOW! What is Foley waiting for? Like I said, even if was to win out (which ain't happenin!) he needs to go. He's not the right fit.

Imagine what Roper is thinking through all of this!

If there was a homerun hire out there right now, I could see Foley saying WM will be fired at the end of the season. But their isn't, so I doubt Foley will say anything about a coaching change until the season ends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator