We Talkin Bout The State of the Program!

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
its funny when he throws out these once a generation situations, then caveats them by saying "now I'm not saying this situation is that one..."

Well what the hell ARE you saying then? :lol:
Dude seriously needs to call Trump and ask for a job. He spins better than anyone in the Whitehouse. And he's loyal to a fault.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Driskel would have never sniffed the field under spurrier. Good lord :facepalm:
He would have been a decent TE prospect.

I agree however. SOS was all about accuracy and Driskel had the arm of a rightfielder.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
LOL. You are talking about a million years ago. The dynamics of football have completely changed bud. Not buying what you are selling. It's year 3 and time for you to stop making excuses. You need to start holding the staff accountable. I don't think you've posted one critical thing of this staff.

That was a poor post for you. I expect better.

Apparently, you think our opinions have some kind of real life effect on the team. I neither coach nor play. I am not in a position to make excuses or hold people accountable.

I'm simply on a relatively obscure forum expressing my personal opinions.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Apparently, you think our opinions have some kind of real life effect on the team. I neither coach nor play. I am not in a position to make excuses or hold people accountable.

I'm simply on a relatively obscure forum expressing my personal opinions.

Another weak post from you. You are truly slipping. At least we can see your true colors. I look forward to your next propaganda piece.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
its funny when he throws out these once a generation situations, then caveats them by saying "now I'm not saying this situation is that one..."

Well what the hell ARE you saying then? :lol:

Once a generation? The Kresser example? You are saying that it is rare for a talented QB to be riding the bench because there is another talented QB ahead of them?

In my previous post I listed the FSU QBs from 1987 to 2000. Most of that list is talented QBs that sat on the bench until their junior or senior season because there was a talented QB in front of them.

Jacob Coker transferred to Alabama because he couldn't get on the field at FSU. Coker won a NC.

Troy Smith won a Heisman at OSU. He didn't become the starting QB until his third season and he only got the position then because the guy in front of him got hurt.

I can come up with examples all day. That's hardly a once in a generation situation.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Once a generation? The Kresser example? You are saying that it is rare for a talented QB to be riding the bench because there is another talented QB ahead of them?

In my previous post I listed the FSU QBs from 1987 to 2000. Most of that list is talented QBs that sat on the bench until their junior or senior season because there was a talented QB in front of them.

Jacob Coker transferred to Alabama because he couldn't get on the field at FSU. Coker won a NC.

Troy Smith won a Heisman at OSU. He didn't become the starting QB until his third season and he only got the position then because the guy in front of him got hurt.

I can come up with examples all day. That's hardly a once in a generation situation.

Most of the good QBs are ready to play right away or after their redshirt year. You are bringing up examples from 12+ years ago. High school offenses are more complex. There are way more camps these days. There isn't near the learning curve as back then. Keep trying dude.

You're going down in flames on this one.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Come on man....

That is ABSOLUTELY Vulcan.

You may be correct, but I can't find a single post of his that has a typical Vulcanism in it....of course he has his posting history blocked....Lester was VERY transparent. Please provide a quote that contains a Lesterism if you will.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Least talented team since the 70s.

And yet, won back to back SEC-East championships. Pretty kewl.

images

^^Not sure if that's the animated one I was after. Work firewall sucks.

Note, Spurrier won the East '92-'96, '99-00. Urbs won '80-'09. I'm not saying Mac is in that class, but ... he's in that group. And apparently with less talented teams according to some.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Watched that podcast thingy they did last night. Sure sounds like Trask is dropping bombs all over the place, just needs to learn how to lead the offense and gain some confidence and he could be special. Word is Franks is the guy taking the lead and breaking down film though. Should be an interesting spring.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Well Scarlett said Franks is seeming to catch on some compared to last year that you don't want to throw the ball to the defense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb