We waited 9 months for this? Game CANCELLED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
T REX said:
I just read somewheres that a refund does not have to be given due to the one play being played. If that is true then I would be very disappointed with that outcome. Sounds like they played that single play for that very reason. Keep the money. Hope it does not turn out that way.
I highly doubt they would pull that with everything going on right now with Gator Football.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n38863 said:
I remember them playing in rain and a drenched field where you couldn't see. This game should have been played imo. The lightning had about moved out and they had time to get it in by the rules. I guess if a player got injured I might second guess that but they played in conditions like that before.
We were walking to our vehicle close to 10:00 and it was still raining and lightning was still lighting up the sky.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch said:
Well at least we got this great highlight video out of it! (NSFW language)

[video=youtube;0qcVWM6CIe8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0qcVWM6CIe8[/video]
:lol:

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
We stuck it out in the garage until about 9:45 or so. It must have rained 4 inches it was crazy with lightning ongoing for a few hours. I was wanting to see us play but really what would we see on that kind of field?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator;n38905 said:
We were walking to our vehicle close to 10:00 and it was still raining and lightning was still lighting up the sky.

They had until like 11:45 to play and from what I hear it almost totally cleared up just prior to 11.

Its a done deal now but the decision was mostly due to the drenched field imo.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Man, I finally was able to attend a game and BAM, a southeast Asian monsoon blows in, right at kickoff and it hovers over the stadium for hours. WTH! Was is a mini-global warming event, from all the methane gas and CO2 being expelled in the stadium? I'm trying to explain to myself what happened and that's the best I can come up with. Did Mother Nature think that the Spuds needed to be washed, before the Gators peeled them? I don't know, but, it really sucks. I won't be able to walk for two weeks, after using every bit of strength I had last night. Oh well, I got to spend some time with my boys and that can never be a bad thing. I hope they don't interfere with the open date prior to Jawja. I care about winning the East more than Rolling some taters around the field and that open date is too valuable. It will give us more prep time and most of all, it will allow some injuries to heal and some rest for the team.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
As for 3 suspended players not playing vs E Michigan, I believe yes, they can't. BUT . . . if UF and ID choose to use open date, Oct 25, to play the game, SEC rules (as per article on Gainesville Sun) state we'd start under same playing conditions (ie. down, distance, etc) and eligibility requirements. So we'd start 1st & 10 at 15, but I think those 3 players would be ineligible.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
[quote name=''78' timestamp='1409459400']Pussies. They could have played in the mud in front of 1,200 fans till 4 in the morning. :headshake:[/quote]but it would have been dangerous for the student athletes....football, dangerous?

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Gator charm said:
Look at the bright side. Coach dawg did nothing stupid and we didn't lose.
that's right, his defensive stats are great right now, he could be happy as a clam.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
T REX said:
I just read somewheres that a refund does not have to be given due to the one play being played. If that is true then I would be very disappointed with that outcome. Sounds like they played that single play for that very reason. Keep the money. Hope it does not turn out that way.
Still waiting to hear the final word on this

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
GatorStud;n38696 said:
I'm a karma, mojo guy... not liking the way the moon and stars have lined up the last few seasons.
So much for "god" smiling on us huh

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Really feels like we lost the game. There's just a huge emptiness today.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Remember Percy's severe groin at Joke Campbell in the monsoon? It was the correct decision, even if we don't like it.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68 said:
Remember Percy's severe groin at Joke Campbell in the monsoon? It was the correct decision, even if we don't like it.
What makes you think the monsoon had anything to do with it? It was the wrong call.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
For what it's worth, I talked to SQ on the phone at about 11:45-11:55 and she said it was still storming. The game just wasn't going to happen. Accept it and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.