Wednesday Worsts....thankless stressful jobs

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
This is a take on Dirty Jobs, I guess. There are a lot of thankless stressful jobs out there but what are some of the more common jobs that are so stressful that you would never even consider for any amount of money?

The first one that comes to mind is a long-haul truck driver. Couldn’t imagine the stress of a rig that large on the interstate with all the stupid drivers on the road.

Inner-city high school teacher (maybe for the right paycheck)

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Climbing into a 20 year old airframe, maintained by 18 year-olds, using parts cannibalized from scrapped 30 year old airframes, to go be shot at by people you don't even know.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Climbing into a 20 year old airframe, maintained by 18 year-olds, using parts cannibalized from scrapped 30 year old airframes, to go be shot at by people you don't even know.

one of my co-workers flew F-18s for several years.
he essentially echoed your comments...

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
this

also

roofers - in the summer - in the South
nursing home nurse's assistant (CNA?)
chat board moderator
My lord roofing in the summer. When I was younger and an adjuster I spend the whole summer in the GA heat climbing on roofs for estimates. Couldn't imagine being up there all day. A whole new level of sweat. Like wring out your shirt when your done.

This one isn't thought of as the worse, but I'm going to say sales for a small business if your not the owner. Yes, you can make good money if good at your job, however depending on how many are on your sales team you have the weight of the entire company on your back and can be made to feel like you can't have a bad day, much less a bad month because of how much is dependent on you. You get given more grief for what you don't get than praise for what you do at times.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
oh yeah... forgot one.

I did in-home, straight commission sales for about a year where I would visit a family, sit in their living room or dining room and give them an hour long presentation on our 'high end food plan'. basically it was a meal plan of frozen foods (mainly steaks) with the whole goal of selling them an expensive freezer (high interest payment plan) to store it all in.

and on the re-orders we would jack around with the pricing on the food so we could then upsell them on an expensive limoge china set of dishes.
...we had weekly beat-down meetings from a chain-smoking, 5' 3" New Yorker named Dick who would berate us on our weekly sales, or lack of.

what a racket.

Thank God for the IT industry

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
oh yeah... forgot one.

I did in-home, straight commission sales for about a year where I would visit a family, sit in their living room or dining room and give them an hour long presentation on our 'high end food plan'. basically it was a meal plan of frozen foods (mainly steaks) with the whole goal of selling them an expensive freezer (high interest payment plan) to store it all in.

and on the re-orders we would jack around with the pricing on the food so we could then upsell them on an expensive limoge china set of dishes.
...we had weekly beat-down meetings from a chain-smoking, 5' 3" New Yorker named Dick who would berate us on our weekly sales, or lack of.

what a racket.

Ugh

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Joe Biden’s sign language translator.

Hillary Clinton’s Brazilian waxer.

Coach’s minister/divorce attorney.

Nick Saban’s dog.

Andrew Cuomo’s secretary/
Chris Cuomo’s roids dealer.

The make-up artist for “The View”.

Jerry Nadler’s tailor.

Alec Baldwin’s camerawoman.

Chris Christie’s pedicurist.

Charlie Sheen’s doctor.

Stacey Abrams’ proctologist.

Alex.

Last edited:

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
Customer Service Rep. Those guys take abuse from the customers for issues they didn’t cause. I try not to, but I know I’ve gone off on them a few times

I would imagine they are treated like garbage from their bosses too.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
oh yeah... forgot one.

what a racket.

Well, did you make your numbers or not? Put that coffee down. Coffee is for closers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator