Welcome 2019 WR: 6'4 Frank Ladson

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Not next year's class, but a commit to announce. Nice size too.

http://florida.247sports.com/Bolt/Florida-lands-a-commitment-from-in-state-receiver-51969463

Florida lands a commitment from in-state receiver

Florida has landed a commitment from a 2019 in-state receiver prospect with excellent size.

On Saturday afternoon, South Dade wide receiver Frank Ladson, a 6-foot-4, 170-pound prospect, verbally pledged to play for the Gators.

"Florida has always been one of my favorite schools since I was little, especially with Antonio Callaway being my favorite college receiver," Ladson told 247Sports. "After talking it over with my parents and coaches, I felt like it was best for me."

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
He has some time to gain 30-40 lbs.

Welcome dude!

SEC country write up on him......

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-recruiting-gators-land-commitment-2019-wr-frank-ladson

Florida landed a commitment for its 2019 class on Saturday and they beat out a couple of other big name schools for his services.

The Gators landed a commitment from 6-foot-4 WR Frank Ladson, a 2019 prospect from South Dade, Fla., SEC Country’s Zach Abolverdi has confirmed.

Ladson is the third commitment for Florida’s 2019 class joining 5-star safety Jaleel Mcrae and defensive tackle Jaqaueze Sorrells. Ladson is likely to receive a bump in the recruiting rankings, as the wide receiver prospect is currently unranked in the 247Sports Composite rankings.

Florida now has more commits in the 2019 class than the 2018 class, as the Gators have just two commits in this coming year’s class.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Florida now has more commits in the 2019 class than the 2018 class, as the Gators have just two commits in this coming year’s class.

Ouch

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
God. I hope not. For one this kid is from Dade County. And second of all he actually plays football. Not basketball.
Yet another unranked commit...don't worry though Mac hasn't had enough time in Gainesville to build the relationships needed to land the top tier guys. :rolleyes3:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Im just not impressed with hearing someone say he is a 6'4" QB or WR. Weve had all flops so far. Doesnt mean this kid will ir wont, just that height is only a very tiny lart of the equation.

Reidel, Ike, and Quezzie were All Americans but werent tall.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Yet another unranked commit...don't worry though Mac hasn't had enough time in Gainesville to build the relationships needed to land the top tier guys. :rolleyes3:

Can they do much ranking with sophomores? Their junior season is still 6 months away. I don't pay close attention to the underclassmen, so...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Can they do much ranking with sophomores? Their junior season is still 6 months away. I don't pay close attention to the underclassmen, so...
I agree. Soph HS rankings mean pretty much nothing.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

Great point. So outside of taking can't miss guys this early(and it is possible that this guy is)...I'm not sure whether to be excited or not.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Most of the elite guys already have been ranked...however as you know the rankings change throughout the process. Just watched the Kids tape and he looks legit!

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

He definitely needs to gain some weight. He looks raw, but I suppose many sophomores would. Looks like he's willing to throw a block or two when needed, and in a couple of spots, it looks like he can turn on some speed too.
That said, some of those kids they were playing against looked small.

Not sure what to make of him. Looks like he could have the makings of a decent player, but he's too young and raw to tell.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

He definitely needs to gain some weight. He looks raw, but I suppose many sophomores would. Looks like he's willing to throw a block or two when needed, and in a couple of spots, it looks like he can turn on some speed too.
That said, some of those kids they were playing against looked small.

Not sure what to make of him. Looks like he could have the makings of a decent player, but he's too young and raw to tell.

And this is what I suspected - too early to get overly excited or unimpressed with a sophomore.

Perfect example - who here predicted Ian Scott would be a great DT for UF when he was still a HS Sophomore? At that time he was a good looking LB. Kids are still growing and learning the game in HS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator