Welcome 4* Noah Locke SG

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Really? I figured we used Simmons as leverage to get locke. I guess we could roll 4 guards out there like Villanova did when they almost beat the 04's.
It's all good if we get expected turnover or either way

Assuming we get
Nembhard, Locke, Simons, Moore
And
Okauru transfers

Nembhard
Allen
Simons
Stone
Hayes

Bench

Locke
Hudson
Ballard
Moore
Johnson
Stokes
Gak
Bassett (even though I think he may transfer as well)

Lots of moving parts to come. Could see Allen go pro along with a lot of different scenarios. We are looking like we need a bunch of guards though.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Assuming we get
And
Okauru transfers

Nembhard
Allen
Simons
Stone
Hayes

Bench

Locke
Hudson
Ballard
Moore
Johnson
Stokes
Gak

Lots of moving parts to come. Could see Allen go pro along with a lot of different scenarios. We are looking like we need a bunch of guards though.
I think think we'll definitely have some turnover. Someone's gonna transfer. Just not enough minutes to go around with this group. Idk if okauru would be a transfer candidate because he's definitely gonna get some minutes this year. I think he's gonna be a solid player for us. My prediction is basset or stokes.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I don't follow basketball recruiting like I did 10 years ago. How the **** did Ky get SIX 5 stars last year???

https://247sports.com/Season/2017-Basketball/Recruits

It happens every year and has forever. Good basketball players have always like to go to UK. Then UK hired a coach who twice had Final Four participation forfeited at two different former schools. Not surprisingly that has led to UK recruiting quite well in recent years.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It happens every year and has forever. Good basketball players have always like to go to UK. Then UK hired a coach who twice had Final Four participation forfeited at two different former schools. Not surprisingly that has led to UK recruiting quite well in recent years.
Kentucky will be one of the guilty when all this unfolds. I can guarantee it.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016

Assuming we get
And
Okauru transfers

Nembhard
Allen
Simons
Stone
Hayes

Bench

Locke
Hudson
Ballard
Moore
Johnson
Stokes
Gak

I was thinking about the 2018-19 roster the other day before any of these commitments. With the two commitments I see the roster listed by class as:

PG: Okauru, Nembhard
SG: Allen, Hudson, Ballard, Locke
SF: Stone, Johnson
PF: Hayes, Bassett,
C: Gak, Stokes

which leaves one slot open for the original seeming plan of 3 fall signees. If someone else leaves, my original thought was another graduate transfer, but I think Simons as a one and done would fill the same role.

BTW, I fear White sees the roster more like:

SG: Allen, Locke
SF: Hudson, Ballard
PF: Stone, Bassett, Johnson
C: Hayes, Gak, Stokes

and I am not too excited if UF is going to a 3 guard look.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
I was thinking about the 2018-19 roster the other day before any of these commitments. With the two commitments I see the roster listed by class as:

SG: Allen, Hudson, Ballard, Locke
SF: Stone, Johnson
PF: Hayes, Bassett,
C: Gak, Stokes

which leaves one slot open for the original seeming plan of 3 fall signees. If someone else leaves, my original thought was another graduate transfer, but I think Simons as a one and done would fill the same role.

BTW, I fear White sees the roster more like:

SG: Allen, Locke
SF: Hudson, Ballard
PF: Stone, Bassett, Johnson
C: Hayes, Gak, Stokes

and I am not too excited if UF is going to a 3 guard look.
Hudson is more of a SF though and from early reports and info....Okauru will not be ahead of Nembhard and good chance will transfer. Bassett might as well depending on the numbers and talent

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
I think think we'll definitely have some turnover. Someone's gonna transfer. Just not enough minutes to go around with this group. Idk if okauru would be a transfer candidate because he's definitely gonna get some minutes this year. I think he's gonna be a solid player for us. My prediction is basset or stokes.
Stokes will not. He may redshirt this year and might start next year....most talented big man we have. Can do it all, just needs to get healthy and in better shape

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Hudson is more of a SF though and from early reports and info....Okauru will not be ahead of Nembhard and good chance will transfer. Bassett might as well depending on the numbers and talent

I listed the players by class and then alphabetical for players in the same class. I personally do not think UF can afford to have only one PG. On the video Locke might be able to help out handling the ball, but if Okauru is a capable player, I would hope he is still on the roster in 2018-19. I would not want to go with all true frosh ball handlers.

I am sure there will be transfers. There are every year. I am just not in a position to predict them.

As for Hudson, we have agreed to disagree and I am still in a show me mode on him transitioning from the inefficient SG at Va Tech to a good SF at UF. Heck if Koulechov is a solid defender, Hudson might be a transfer candidate.

Also Stokes has to recover from his knee injury. I expect he will, but we do not now know what kind of player he will be after his injury.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
I listed the players by class and then alphabetical for players in the same class. I personally do not think UF can afford to have only one PG. On the video Locke might be able to help out handling the ball, but if Okauru is a capable player, I would hope he is still on the roster in 2018-19. I would not want to go with all true frosh ball handlers.

I am sure there will be transfers. There are every year. I am just not in a position to predict them.

As for Hudson, we have agreed to disagree and I am still in a show me mode on him transitioning from the inefficient SG at Va Tech to a good SF at UF. Heck if Koulechov is a solid defender, Hudson might be a transfer candidate.
If we got Simons, he can easily play PG. He is a combo guard. Best scorer in the whole class and has PG handles. We are back in the lead for him and he will have a spot if he wants in hopefully. Also, it's been reported Moore would be allowed to play some point forward. More than enough guards/ball handlers to have the best team in the nation next year if it all pans out.....big if though....got to get the rest of the recruits first

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Stokes will not. He may redshirt this year and might start next year....most talented big man we have. Can do it all, just needs to get healthy and in better shape
Stokes has a long ways to go before he contributes. I watched him play on tv last year. He does have some talent though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.