Recruiting Welcome 4* RB Iverson Clement

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
4* WR prospect Jacob Copeland
https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-gators-recruiting-jacob-copeland-update

Jim McElwain is recruiting Copeland harder than any coach.

“I was the first recruit he offered,” Copeland said. “That was my freshman year and he’s been recruiting me heavy ever since. He told me I’m his biggest priority. He actually showed me his board and I was the No. 1 receiver on it.

“Coach Mac told me he’s going to stay on my trail and I’m going to look good in orange and blue. I communicate with coach Mac every day and a lot of the staff. They treat me like I’m theirs, like I’m already a player there.”

Copeland is a top-10 wide receiver both in the nation and in Florida, according to the 247Sports composite rankings.

Copeland liked what he saw from quarterback Feleipe Franks and wide receiver Antonio Callaway in the spring game on Friday. Franks had 119 passing yards in the first half and threw a touchdown to Callaway, who finished with 3 catches for 51 yards.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, I forgot about him and you're right he was highly touted as a recruit...although I think he really didn't live up to expectations. I think the only big play I remember from him was that interception and return against UGA, I believe in OT. I'm pretty sure he was the guy that made that play. Other than that I don't recall him doing too much for us.

He did have that INT against UGA. Great play to have be your best. Then we couldn't score a TD from the 2 and out punter kicked the FG to win it and starred down the UGA sideline!

Sep 29, 2015
He did have that INT against UGA. Great play to have be your best. Then we couldn't score a TD from the 2 and out punter kicked the FG to win it and starred down the UGA sideline!

Not only did he stare at the sideline, but specifically ****face Todd grantham, who gave him the choke sign before he kicked the game winner.

GatorSkin

Founding Member
Nord for President 2020
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Damn I was all ready to criticize him and you go and compare him to C-4 I'll just hope I'm wrong and your right now.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, but Law will come in here shortly to let us know a 4* from NJ is a low 2* from Florida!! :D
Nah. All thing considered Id rather have a Florida 4 star kid over a NE 4 star.

If he is really good, I expect Butters will lose him regardless.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I am happy we are getting good early commits, but there is a long way to go and remember some of these kids are just making reservations these days.....

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Lawrence isn't coming. I don't think Surtain is coming either. I'm still shocked that Lingard committed to Miami.
Surtain has been all LSU ever since I've heard of him. Lawrence and Lingard are solidly committed to other schools. And I don't get why all the other 5 stars are from outa state?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Surtain has been all LSU ever since I've heard of him. Lawrence and Lingard are solidly committed to other schools. And I don't get why all the other 5 stars are from outa state?

We need a 5* QB something fierce.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
We've had some pretty good players from the northeast, if I'm not mistaken,

My first thought watching his highlight reel was Will Hill. (Not re: character but a superb athlete.)

Hill couldn't get his head right at UF, which affected his on-field play and eventually caused his early departure. But he was an all-SEC freshman and did start the 2009 NCG.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator