Welcome new UF Basketball Coach Michael White

Status
Not open for further replies.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
PatDooleySucks;n220668 said:
I guess if you are giving me a kind of cool check book cover, I should give you an emoticon. This fits the bill.

1343635934755.gif

Dec 10, 2014
Gatoravatara;n220694 said:
Foley needs to get sand out of his vagina with these hiring decisions If he went with a proven choice that everybody could get behind, and he bombed, nobody would blame him. But now he has made 2 identical types of hires in a row-both big gambles. 78 is right, he treats this as if they are his toys.

And it's racist that a black man wasn't considered. C'mon avatara. Stick with your bread and butter if you're gonna troll.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;n220668 said:
I guess if you are giving me a kind of cool check book cover, I should give you an emoticon. This fits the bill.

:thumbdown:

I expect more from you counselor. Roll over and ask Foley why he zeroes in on one guy instead of interviewing multiple candidates.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n220694 said:
If he went with a proven choice that everybody could get behind, and he bombed, nobody would blame him.

:bsflag:

Dec 10, 2014
Gatoravatara;n220704 said:
You always have to play the race don't you? How does sandy vaginas and questionable coaching decisions have to do with race? If he picked a questionable black coach, I would say the same thing.

What if that black coach coach had a black sister that married a white man?

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
"everybody could get behind"... :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Perhaps Egbunu will be a dominant big man under White & crew ? And the team will spark. This 2015 team was a flop
under Donovan. Got to wait to find out now.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n220573 said:
Jeff GoodmanVerified account‏@GoodmanESPN
Jeremy Foley never reached out to Archie Miller or Chris Mack. Mike White was his guy all along.

WRONG!

9651e121dac222fdac699ca6d962b84f288c75e6ec120f4a06e3c04f139ee8ec.jpg

Here's a line from an article that indicates maybe there was some sort of contact (indirectly) with Miller and Mack.

Multiple sources had told ESPN that Florida had looked into Xavier's Chris Mack and Dayton's Archie Miller, but it would have taken a significant amount of money to pry them away from their respective jobs. Both coaches, according to sources, weren't sold on leaving for Florida.

Link:
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...e-joining-florida-gators-men-basketball-coach

Not saying it's proof that Foley contacted them and it also implies the $$ issue, which many on here claim is Foley's bottom line; and I can't really disagree with that. I had not heard of White until this week, but I'm okay with the hire. I like to gamble a little myself. Go Gators!
:chomp:

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Well Gee perhaps you could bribe someone to come and be our coach, or you can get someone who actually wants to be here?

You don't have to interview someone or even contact them to determine their interest in coming to UF, there are plenty of ways to tell.

I am happy with the hire, but I do want one of our assistants to be allowed to stay if they wish.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
GatorBart;n220744 said:
9651e121dac222fdac699ca6d962b84f288c75e6ec120f4a06e3c04f139ee8ec.jpg

Here's a line from an article that indicates maybe there was some sort of contact (indirectly) with Miller and Mack.

Multiple sources had told ESPN that Florida had looked into Xavier's Chris Mack and Dayton's Archie Miller, but it would have taken a significant amount of money to pry them away from their respective jobs. Both coaches, according to sources, weren't sold on leaving for Florida.

Link:
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...e-joining-florida-gators-men-basketball-coach

Not saying it's proof that Foley contacted them and it also implies the $$ issue, which many on here claim is Foley's bottom line; and I can't really disagree with that. I had not heard of White until this week, but I'm okay with the hire. I like to gamble a little myself. Go Gators!
:chomp:

Thanks for the info. Maybe we are a "football school". Maybe Foley hurt our basketball rep by postponing the ODome renovations. No way right. I mean he couldn't fire Muscrap early because no one else would ever come here if he did that. Foley is omniscient. John 3:16

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
T REX;n220774 said:
Maybe we are a "football school".
I'd say Ol Jeremy is more concerned with finding a gymnastics coach....At the rate he's going it will be the only sport we've got a chance to win another NC in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb