Not open for further replies.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n220854 said:
True story. I can't disagree with any of it either. We're at a huge crossroads. I look back at the last 20 years and oh my, have we had our fair share of success. And you don't replace HOF coaches with ease. However, you'd think that with the country's 3rd(?) largest athletic budget we would have the resources to hire folks with a proven track record at this point. Doesn't it seem like he's trying to hire that darkhorse that everyone else missed. Like he's trying to show all the other programs that he can still pick 'em? I'm just spitballing here, of course. It's like he reverted back to the 90's.

He has nothing to prove. He's a hall of famer. It's odd. Again, maybe it's just me.

Also can't disagree with this post. See how easy it is to actually make a point without just saying "FOLEY SUCKS....WHAT IS HE THINKING?! ARGHHHHH!"

:swampqueen:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think the hire is gonna work out really well. None of the experts think it's a bad hire. I've watched some interviews and peices of their games and I think it's gonna be fun to watch. The guy won over a hundred games in 4 years and broke all kinds of scoring records at the school. At a one bid conference like that I look at an nit bid like making a bowl game in football. As the resident hater around here I stand behind this hire. And if I was in charge of pat Dooley sucks money I damn sure wouldn't spend 3 mil a year on Archie Miller

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Cheap hire with a capital C. We'll reap the reward in three years when we send his ass back west on I-10 to wherever and everything Billy D built is ruined. He might be able to hang with Anderson at Mizzou and Anderson at Arky, otherwise, every other coach in the league is better, and will crucify him in any pressure situation. Big games in the NIT and C-USA don't mean jack squat. Not one single quality win against a power conference opponent in the last four seasons, zilch.

Another overmatched HC hire right out of the gate. Thanks Foley, now please retire.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
gardnerwebbgator;n220871 said:
Cheap hire with a capital C. We'll reap the reward in three years when we send his ass back west on I-10 to wherever and everything Billy D built is ruined. He might be able to hang with Anderson at Mizzou and Anderson at Arky, otherwise, every other coach in the league is better, and will crucify him in any pressure situation. Big games in the NIT and C-USA don't mean jack squat. Not one single quality win against a power conference opponent in the last four seasons, zilch.

Another overmatched HC hire right out of the gate. Thanks Foley, now please retire.
:snob:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
gardnerwebbgator;n220871 said:

Last two SOS's? 211 & 219!!!!

Wow. Now that is a cause for serious concern folks. So the guy beat up on a bunch of tomato cans? 100 wins vs no one. Spin in 3...2...1...

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n220892 said:

Wow. Now that is a cause for serious concern folks. So the guy beat up on a bunch of tomato cans? 100 wins vs no one. Spin in 3...2...1...
What was you expecting? He was coaching in the conference usa. There's no way to spin it, mid majors play mid majors during year. So I guess he was a tomato can beating up other tomato cans

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;n220562 said:
Now we are on to bashing Foley for making a great hire but not belaboring the process :rolleyes:
Sorry, I don't think anyone called this a great hire.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I always reserve judgement until the facts are in. Everything I have read about the guys so far is encouraging and positive (if you discount the calamity chorus in here). As for Kensucky fans I could care less what most of them have to say. They make some of the "entitled" ones in here look like Oliver Twist. Here is an idea. Mike White is OUR coach so either be a real fan and pull for him and the team or eat sh#t and root for a rival if you it will soothe your feelings.

Dec 10, 2014
stephenPE;n220929 said:
I always reserve judgement until the facts are in. Everything I have read about the guys so far is encouraging and positive (if you discount the calamity chorus in here). As for Kensucky fans I could care less what most of them have to say. They make some of the "entitled" ones in here look like Oliver Twist. Here is an idea. Mike White is OUR coach so either be a real fan and pull for him and the team or eat sh#t and root for a rival if you it will soothe your feelings.

You should get out of the PF and post more on the main board Coach. Good luck with the move this weekend.

Dec 10, 2014
T REX;n220892 said:

Ok Officer Sandy Vagina we get your point. Do you think you are enhancing it by each idiotic post?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Piecing together media accounts, Foley went into the process with three primary candidates in mind, Miller, Mack and White. The first two never had direct contact with the Florida AD because they were "not sold" on Florida (make of that what you will) or because Foley felt they commanded too much money. In the case of Mack, probably $3.25-3.5 million per season and for Miller probably ~ $3 million. We were paying Donovan, what, $3.5? Was neither candidate worth a closer look-see, as in a telephone call, at slightly under that? Apparently the budget at the UAA dictated no.

So Foley turned his attention to White, a bright up-and-comer from Dunedin, FL, who naturally said hell yeah, let's boogie, and he proceeded to wow Foley over the phone. He comes in at $2.5 million, so we save up to $1 million for badminton rackets. That's the only direct contact Foley ever made, and maybe it's the only one he needed to. He's young, energetic, recruits well and runs an uptempo brand of basketball. Most of all, he wants to be here, bad. Many in the media are calling it an intelligent hire. Here come those three words: Time will tell.

Just one last thought. We won back to back national titles a few years ago and made the Elite Eight three of the last four years. The outdated spaceship known as the O'Dome is about to get a long overdue $60 million makeover. You'd think we'd have more hoops cred than this search has pointed to. I guess we're a football power after all.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n220944 said:
A UK basketball forum is literally the last place I would go to assist in forming an educated opinion on something.
This. Kentucky fans are the most delusional fanbase in sports.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Gatoravatara;n220947 said:
Comment 1: Who?
Comment 2: Decommits to follow
Comment 3: Flo rida is done. They didn't go after a recruiter. Ding dong the witch is dead. Pre-Lon Kruger bad. I'm so excited to see this
Comment 4: Who?

This pick could work out. But I do think this is a case of Foley trying to show everybody that he still can pick them.

This post put it in a nutshell....
Could you imagine if UK hired a coach that had never coached in the NCAA tournament? This hire just dropped Florida's basketball program below Auburn, Tennessee and Mississippi State who all hired significantly better coaches. Oh well....it was kind of fun having another elite program in the SEC.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n220944 said:
A UK basketball forum is literally the last place I would go to assist in forming an educated opinion on something.

I did not go there to get "an opinion". They are our rivals in the SEC for basketball. I was wondering what THEY were saying, nothing more. Read for yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator