Welcome new UF Basketball Coach Michael White

Status
Not open for further replies.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Seems to me it's not that huge. I mean when I think of huge I think huge.

Plus, I remember all this great things about Kasey Hill being said and how huge it was to get him.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator;n224657 said:
How huge? Can you quantify it please?

Huge!
106508-Hitomi-Tanaka-Imgur-upvote-gif-k6H9.gif

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
GatorBenji;n224672 said:
So our projected depth chart:

PG:Hill, Chiozza
SG- Francis, Allen
SF- Robinson, Walker/Stone
PF- Doe Doe, Murphy
C- Egbunu, Rimmer/Hayes

NCAA?

Let's not jump the gun. This team still has issues plus a new coach. But, this is looking good. I think Hayes could slide into the 4 spot. and Murphy the 3.

GatorBenji

Sep 6, 2014
NVGator;n224674 said:

Plus, I remember all this great things about Kasey Hill being said and how huge it was to get him.
I mean at the end of the day he's not a 5 star instant impact

But after losing Carter and Frazier we'd be having a walk on be our 4th guard off the bench possibly

It never hurts to have too much talent, we have a chance to go for the NCAA so I'd say its big

MidwestChomp

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
NVGator;n224674 said:

Can we have this one, please? Just give us some excitement around here.

GatorBenji

Sep 6, 2014
MidwestChomp;n224677 said:
Let's not jump the gun. This team still has issues plus a new coach. But, this is looking good. I think Hayes could slide into the 4 spot. and Murphy the 3.
Well I asked that cuz one of the main reasons we missed the tournaments was cuz we couldn't finish games due to being young. With another year of experience for these guys I could see it. But ur right it's a new system and new coach so I'll simmer my expectations

MidwestChomp

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Free Throws. I hope White has some genius way of coaching his players to make them. Last season it pretty much came down to that in a lot of games, and probably could have made the tournament.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator;n224674 said:

Given our current situation at Guard, we needed one that can shoot AND slash - this is the guy. He was the top recruit in this Gator class (which was in or near the top 10 before Dickerson opted out), so it's great he's going to stick to his commitment. I see him and Francis splitting time at the 2 (with Carter as well, if he actually decides to stay). Plus, we need all the help we can get with the new coach in his first year.

And who knew Hill couldn't hit the side of a barn? He made all of his shots in his highlight tapes. :dunno:

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MidwestChomp;n224680 said:
Can we have this one, please? Just give us some excitement around here.

:lol: I'm just messing around.

MidwestChomp

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
GatorBart;n224687 said:
Given our current situation at Guard, we needed one that can shoot AND slash - this is the guy. He was the top recruit in this Gator class (which was in or near the top 10 before Dickerson opted out), so it's great he's going to stick to his commitment. I see him and Francis splitting time at the 2 (with Carter as well, if he actually decides to stay). Plus, we need all the help we can get with the new coach in his first year.

And who knew Hill couldn't hit the side of a barn? He made all of his shots in his highlight tapes. :dunno:

Weren't they layups?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorBenji;n224672 said:
So our projected depth chart:

PG:Hill, Chiozza
SG- Francis, Allen
SF- Robinson, Walker/Stone
PF- Doe Doe, Murphy
C- Egbunu, Rimmer/Hayes

NCAA?
Pretty much. I'd put allen in front of Francis and I wouldn't sleep on stone beating walker out for pt. This roster definitely has the talent to make the tourney next year

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Make the tourney. :lol: Sad that we are simply talking about trying to "Make the tourney".

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator;n224777 said:
Make the tourney. :lol: Sad that we are simply talking about trying to "Make the tourney".

You're right. Every team that hires a new coach should expect to rule the world their first year.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n224791 said:
You're right. Every team that hires a new coach should expect to rule the world their first year.

Does it have to be one way or the other? Who said anything about ruling the world?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator;n224795 said:
Does it have to be one way or the other? Who said anything about ruling the world?

Then what are your expectations coming off the year we just had, with the roster we have and a first year HC? You seem to be belittling making the tourney, which I think would be a nice accomplishment next season.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I think it's more ridiculous to miss one year and suddenly think we're not going to make it back for a while. I'd like to think we can make it even in a transitional year.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think we're gonna be pretty good. Not only will we make the tourney but we'll have a pretty good seed. I can't remember the last time we were this deep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator