Welcome to the FL ballot: TWELVE Amendments!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by g8tr72, Oct 12, 2018.

1. pilot-in-fla

pilot-in-fla Deplorable
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $877
    Ratings:
    +4,760 / -72
    Here is my take

1 No
    2 Yes
    3 No
    4 No
    5 Yes
    6 No
    7 No
    9 No
    10 No
    11 Yes
    12 Yes
    13 Yes

• itsgr82bag8r

itsgr82bag8r Political Forum Fire Starter
      Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
      $2,581
      Ratings:
      +9,040 / -58
      Be VERY careful on how you vote for these. Amendments aren’t easy to correct when you discover the results aren’t what was promised on slick tv ads.

I’m not a fan of this style of lawmaking, the legislature should be the primary agent for that.

• g8tr72

g8tr72 Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
        $3,151
        Ratings:
        +6,012 / -38
        Anyone interested in joining me to get an amendment proposal on the next ballot?

Constitutional Amendment - "Proposing an Amendment to eliminate placing Constitutional Amendments on the FL ballot, requiring elected legislators to take responsible positions and vote on issues rather than burdening voters. If not approved, all members of FL government would receive an immediate 50% paycut."

• GatorAlways

GatorAlways Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
          $157
          Ratings:
          +360 / -106
          I would support this platform. I would also support increasing the threshold to a 2/3rds majority to pass.