Welcome transfer 2016 4* 6'5, 309lb OL Jean Delance

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
" At 6 foot 5, 309 pounds, he will immediately bolster Florida's offensive line situation for the 2018 season." He's eligible this year?

I think the article says that he is eligible this year.

Jack o' Diamonds

My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts...
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2015
" At 6 foot 5, 309 pounds, he will immediately bolster Florida's offensive line situation for the 2018 season." He's eligible this year?

If you read it , says immediately, and 2018. Means he will be ready to go next year when is elligible...

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
So hes not a grad transfer and has to sit out a year? darn. Can he play or is herman just jettisoning the garbage he inherited?
Does it matter? We have a walk-on on our 2 deep name Balthazar. I doubt we can be too picky. Like choosing between jenny McCarty and Melissa McCarthy.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Dude, this year is 2017. He left before the semester started so he will be sitting out 2017. Getting released means he is immediately able to transfer.

Jack o' Diamonds

My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts...
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2015
If Texas released him from his obligation he is available immediately.

If Texas releases him from his obligation, he can transfer under scholarship.. If not he has to pay his own way to the school he goes to. The NCAA says he has to sit out a year regardless..

Edit. At least I think that's the way it works...

Last edited:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If Texas releases him from his obligation, he can transfer under scholarship.. If not he has to pay his own way to the school he goes to. The NCAA says he has to sit out a year regardless..

Exceptions
Exception: If you meet a legislated exception, it means a specific regulation will not apply to you. The school to which you are transferring determines whether you are eligible and has the authority to apply exceptions.

One-time transfer exception: If you transfer from a four-year school, you may be immediately eligible to compete at your new school if you meet ALL the following conditions:

• You are transferring to a Division II or III school, or you are transferring to a Division I school in any sport other than baseball, men's or women's basketball, football (Football Bowl Subdivision) or men’s ice hockey. If you are transferring to a Division I school for any of the previously-listed sports, you may be eligible to compete immediately if you were not recruited by your original school and you have never received an athletics scholarship.
  • You are academically and athletically eligible at your previous four-year school.
  • You receive a transfer-release agreement from your previous four-year school.

Source: http://www.ncaa.org/student-athletes/current/transfer-terms

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Did you read the rest of it, not just the part you made red, Dougcrete?

:britney:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Did you read the rest of it, not just the part you made red, Dougcrete?

:britney:

Yes, including this part:
Academic year in residence: Under the basic transfer regulations, you must spend an academic year in residence at the school to which you are transferring. If you transfer from a four-year college to an NCAA school, you must complete one academic year in residence at the new school before you can play for or receive travel expenses from the new school, unless you qualify for a transfer exception or waiver. To satisfy an academic year in residence, you must be enrolled in and successfully complete a full-time program of studies for two-full semesters or three-full quarters. Summer school terms and part-time enrollment do not count toward fulfilling an academic year in residence.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I read that as if you are transferring to a Div I school in football you have to sit out a year no exception. Nice to see the rule in writing.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I read that as if you are transferring to a Div I school in football you have to sit out a year no exception. Nice to see the rule in writing.

Nope, just reread you are correct. I misread.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Does it matter? We have a walk-on on our 2 deep name Balthazar. I doubt we can be too picky. Like choosing between jenny McCarty and Melissa McCarthy.
Agreed. He's a 4 star. And breathes.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Hell, I'd take Melissa McCarthy in a heart beat. She's got the kind of ass Donkey likes on his linemen/women and her height would allow her to get up under the shoulder pads of rushing d-linemen. Heard she's a 4 star on Rivals and projects as a center.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Glad to have him, hope it sticks as well.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Bring on more Big un's like him. Need to build a wall for Corral.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
There are hardship exceptions, but those are very rare and have extenuating circumstances

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.