Well that was an interesting game.......

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Refs missed the delay of game in OT. Just watched the replay with jesse...we did not get the snap off. Should have been 4th and a mile goal to go.

Muschamp stole one. He sucks.

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Going to be interesting in the next few days to see whether or not the SEC mans up and suspends his butt like they're supposed to.And FWIW Muschamp said in his presser that Taylor was hurting and stiff from the hit which is why they shut him down.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry, but Driskel played a huge roll in the suckage of last night's game. I know some don't like to put blame on him, or the coach, but there's some consistency to their roles.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
sonomagator;n50302 said:
Going to be interesting in the next few days to see whether or not the SEC mans up and suspends his butt like they're supposed to.And FWIW Muschamp said in his presser that Taylor was hurting and stiff from the hit which is why they shut him down.

It was ridiculous that no one made that call. It was vicious, blatant and should have been raining with yellow flags. We got our share of breaks last night, but how they miss that one is beyond belief.

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We got a couple of breaks from the refs imo, but your right about how they missed that one and the shove on Taber in the 4th. I've been speared playing rugby and it hurt bad enough taking it in the ribs, but, it wasn't a 300+ with a hard helmet targeting the lower spine. That was the epitome of intent to injure.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Yep there was plenty of "suckage" to go around. But we pulled it out. Its going to be interesting around here the next few weeks.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
T REX said:
Refs missed the delay of game in OT. Just watched the replay with jesse...we did not get the snap off. Should have been 4th and a mile goal to go.

Muschamp stole one. He sucks.
Considering what the refs missed during regular time......

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n50264 said:
Guy should have been ejected.

[video=youtube;2ZXD4IQI3Q8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZXD4IQI3Q8&feature=youtu.be[/video]

I let loose with a profanity-laden outburst in the middle of a restaurant when it happened...decided I needed to get the check and head home then.

OllieGator

Founding Member
Member....huh, huh, huh
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
-THE DUDE-;n50256 said:
Also the refs had a pretty awful game last night...how they missed that hit on Taylor is beyond me. The ref was standing right on top of the play and that was one of the most blatant and viscious targeting hits i've ever seen. Watching the replays you could see he slowed up to line right up and dove right into his back with his helmet a full 3-4 seconds after he was already down and the whistle blown. Again the ref was right freaking there and did nothing.

[video=youtube;2ZXD4IQI3Q8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZXD4IQI3Q8&feature=youtu.be[/video]
The league should step in and fine those sorry effers for not calling that.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE- said:
Also the refs had a pretty awful game last night...how they missed that hit on Taylor is beyond me. The ref was standing right on top of the play and that was one of the most blatant and viscious targeting hits i've ever seen. Watching the replays you could see he slowed up to line right up and dove right into his back with his helmet a full 3-4 seconds after he was already down and the whistle blown. Again the ref was right freaking there and did nothing.
I've cynically come to think the targeting rule is just a game management technique to give the officials another way to affect the game and outcome when they want it. I don't think they really care about player injuries.

I also was disgusted with the Gurley obvious headbutt to USC player that resulted in USC getting the penalty and UGA getting 15 yd for a 1st down that set up a score.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
-THE DUDE-;n50256 said:

Should. However, with all the money being made, it would not surprise me that the refs are influenced from higher up. One has to wonder why SEC for instance does not have any effective procedures for mantaining accountability of officials.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Darthgator said:
There was definitely some serious booing going on with those refs after that play. It's unbelievable they missed that call among a few others.
Unbelievable being operative word. I sometimes wonder about the effect of the gambling industry on the timing of scoring and leads during games..

I am sure some incidents might be missed, but so often on the more egregious ones, the officials are right there looking at it. I think football is getting more like show wrestling increasingly. except in fake wrestling, the wrestlers are knowing willing parts of the script Sort of like the line between reality tv and sports is getting blurrier. OK, done with my out on the fringes rant.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch said:
Also, I forgot to comment on the play in the 2nd OT when Driskel threw late to D-Rob.

That play is what's known as a "snag" concept. You have the outside receiver go in towards the LB's, turn and sit. The #2 receiver runs a corner, and the #3 receiver (who was D-Rob) runs to the flat. Can't even tell you how many times I've run that play. In fact, now that I think about it, I think it's the play Dunbar scored on in the 4th quarter against FSU.

Driskel followed his read, which on that play, the flat read is the last one. Now maybe he could have progressed through it more quickly, but you can see his head go from the inside guy, to the corner, to D-Rob. He actually probably could have hit Pittman in the corner, as well, but D-Rob was more open. I can't remember if we were on the near side of the field or not, but it looked like the play just developed too quickly for Driskel to get through his reads.
That happens a lot to Driskel; the play developing faster than he can process it. It is what it is at this point.

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator said:
sonomagator;n50302 said:

It was ridiculous that no one made that call. It was vicious, blatant and should have been raining with yellow flags. We got our share of breaks last night, but how they miss that one is beyond belief.
The only positive thing that came of that hit is what it did to Matt Jones, who ran like a man possessed pretty much the rest of the game. I could feel his anger at that play through the TV.

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
threatmatrix said:
Can they suspend player post game?
The piece of crap should be kicked out of football. That was a hit with intent to injure. Still pissed off about it today.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Great post Sas. Good points all around. One observation I have, Driskel has never been good at throwing screens. He gets them batted down a LOT because for all his good points, he just isn't very good with the passes that require some finesse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator