Well that was an interesting game.......

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch said:
Law98gator;n50913 said:
Driskel: "I just thought that we were getting a different coverage than we did. I should have taken the flat early. I got my eyes back inside, and when I got back out to Demarcus it was a little too late. I gave him a shot. You know, I missed that one. But we lived to play the next play."

Robinson: "I did get a little frustrated because I saw I got open. He looked at me, so I thought he was going to throw it to me off the bat. But he hesitated a little bit."

Muschamp: "He should have hit him earlier in the down. There's no question. Absolutely. A lot of times on that sort of route combination, sometimes the picker comes free. I don't know, I haven't talked to Jeff specifically about the play other than I just told him, 'Hey, we had the guy open earlier, let's go put the ball in.' and we should have." Can't even tell you how many times I've run that play. In fact, now that I think about it, I think it's the play Dunbar scored on in the 4th quarter against FSU.

Yeah, I just don't know what they talk about in the film room or how they prefer to run that play. It was definitely the snag concept, 100%, but it's entirely possible they coach it differently than when I used to run it 7-10 years ago. Looking at it on film, he should have seen him sooner, but I don't know what his progression is on that play, or how it varies depending on coverage. The flat is definitely the hot route for when the defense blitzes, though. Fortunately, it ended up not mattering.

The silver lining in this game is it was a wake up call. It let them know that they haven't arrived, not by a long shot. Winning 65-0 was both a blessing and a curse, because it showed that we're capable of obliterating bad teams, but last night showed that we're not on the dominant level quite yet. Last year's team would have lost that game, no question about it. So maybe it'll make them that much hungrier about the trip to Alabama this week. But at the end of the day, 65-0 counts as one win just as much as 36-30 in triple overtime does. Mental errors are easier to correct than physical errors, and far more mental errors were made last night than physical errors, that's for sure.
It wasn't a jab. In fact, you said "Now maybe he could have progressed through it more quickly..."

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch said:
Law98gator;n50913 said:
Driskel: "I just thought that we were getting a different coverage than we did. I should have taken the flat early. I got my eyes back inside, and when I got back out to Demarcus it was a little too late. I gave him a shot. You know, I missed that one. But we lived to play the next play."

Robinson: "I did get a little frustrated because I saw I got open. He looked at me, so I thought he was going to throw it to me off the bat. But he hesitated a little bit."

Muschamp: "He should have hit him earlier in the down. There's no question. Absolutely. A lot of times on that sort of route combination, sometimes the picker comes free. I don't know, I haven't talked to Jeff specifically about the play other than I just told him, 'Hey, we had the guy open earlier, let's go put the ball in.' and we should have." Can't even tell you how many times I've run that play. In fact, now that I think about it, I think it's the play Dunbar scored on in the 4th quarter against FSU.

Yeah, I just don't know what they talk about in the film room or how they prefer to run that play. It was definitely the snag concept, 100%, but it's entirely possible they coach it differently than when I used to run it 7-10 years ago. Looking at it on film, he should have seen him sooner, but I don't know what his progression is on that play, or how it varies depending on coverage. The flat is definitely the hot route for when the defense blitzes, though. Fortunately, it ended up not mattering.

The silver lining in this game is it was a wake up call. It let them know that they haven't arrived, not by a long shot. Winning 65-0 was both a blessing and a curse, because it showed that we're capable of obliterating bad teams, but last night showed that we're not on the dominant level quite yet. Last year's team would have lost that game, no question about it. So maybe it'll make them that much hungrier about the trip to Alabama this week. But at the end of the day, 65-0 counts as one win just as much as 36-30 in triple overtime does. Mental errors are easier to correct than physical errors, and far more mental errors were made last night than physical errors, that's for sure.
Some were blaming DRob and I didn't see it (bad break) or see him stumble and no one mentioned it in the postgames. Some people are just full of fluff.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch said:
Law98gator;n50913 said:

He absolutely could have, and probably should have hit D-Rob quicker on that play. No argument there. But still, none of us know how they coach that concept or what his reads were given the look they got.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
playzwtrux said:
Captain Sasquatch;n50234 said:
The play where the UK defender dropped the pick and D-Rob caught it was actually D-Rob's fault, he slipped on his out cut and Driskel had already thrown the ball on timing. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good, I guess.

glad that I am not the only one who saw that. There are some really ignorant posters on this board.
The commentators even caught that. I think they showed a quick replay shortly after, but with the way these offenses run it is tough to show replays.

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n50930 said:

Well, that answers the age-old question.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
MissouriGator said:
Captain Sasquatch;n50930 said:

Well, that answers the age-old question.
lol

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch said:
Law98gator;n50913 said:

QBs miss passes. QBs throw ints. That isn't the crux of the problem.

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch said:
Law98gator;n50913 said:

Law I think you're getting 2 plays mixed up. Robinson's slip was on the timing play that bounced out of the KY's players hands and into DRob's. If you go back and watch the play on the replay they show DRob slip on the cut and have to put both hands on the ground to keep his balance. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't remember anyone saying that he slipped on the pass in the red zone.And if they did they were wrong, it was a slow read by Driskel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator