Went to the Gatorsports forum...found this gem

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
stephenPE
Participant
Gator Chatter is far and away the standard right now. But I always heard competition was good for business. Keeps em on their toes and fends of complacency……….
And I guess trolling is good for the board cause it equals clicks from cliques………

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Well they ban you at the drop of a hat.

Chatter has been awesome so far.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The GSMB doesn't ban anyone because there are no mods to do it. However, they don't need mods because there aren't any members left.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe they still have the "Dork".

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I guess I was called out. I can never tell about sh#t like this. I cannot even find it or remember when I posted it but the site is still up and I found one thread with many of the gang. I now know why somebody is also the Mexican. Alvin was the protagonist in the thread.
I had no idea Dooley, Brockaway and Andreu postesd so much there.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
That board and paper are trash. The :brad: was the best thing to happen that led us all to GC!

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
A forum commenting about a forum within a forum commenting on that forum. This is like standing in an elevator with mirrors on either side...

1. Surprised to see Donk, Alex & others posting there.

2. Coach’s best line: “Ox Soros” is paying us to post here. This is what billions of oxbucks buys. Mine are growing, but I have no idea how to spend them. Let me know when I can cash in for some bitcoin or something.

3. Curious move to involve their staff in the forum. The occasional drive by is ok, or lurking to get the pulse of the group. But as soon as they get in the forum they become the point of contention, and who wants or needs that? Total waste of their time and could bait them into trouble.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
A forum commenting about a forum within a forum commenting on that forum. This is like standing in an elevator with mirrors on either side...

Back in the day I used to scout for stragglers who didnt realize we were here or for new talent. Not worth my time anymore.

Every now and then we would raid them and poke a little fun at Alvie. Believe it or not Alvie telling everyone we were from another board was the best advertising.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
When I was in my thirties I would get in my car and go to a specialty news stand just so I could pick up the Sun's Sunday edition (at a premium) and read about the game. That was my ritual even if I had been to the game. Our local Jax paper was fine, but I wanted more.

Now I wouldn't read that pathetic paper or post on that pathetic board if they paid me.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
When I was in my thirties I would get in my car and go to a specialty news stand just so I could pick up the Sun's Sunday edition (at a premium) and read about the game. That was my ritual even if I had been to the game.
Or read the Tampa Tribune , too. It was delivered all the way to the Gville area for many years, We got both the Sun and Tribune when I was growing up. McEwen was a great writer for the gators.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015

2. Coach’s best line: “Ox Soros” is paying us to post here. This is what billions of oxbucks buys. Mine are growing, but I have no idea how to spend them. Let me know when I can cash in for some bitcoin or something.

3. Curious move to involve their staff in the forum. The occasional drive by is ok, or lurking to get the pulse of the group. But as soon as they get in the forum they become the point of contention, and who wants or needs that? Total waste of their time and could bait them into trouble.

If their "staff" was any good having them post or start threads would be a positive. They are not really not that involved.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Or read the Tampa Tribune , too. It was delivered all the way to the Gville area for many years, We got both the Sun and Tribune when I was growing up. McEwen was a great writer for the gators.
Tom was a legend down here. One of best.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
This is what billions of oxbucks buys. Mine are growing, but I have no idea how to spend them. Let me know when I can cash in for some bitcoin or something.
You obviously haven't been paying attention to raffles. That's what Oxbucks buy, at least for now.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
You obviously haven't been paying attention... That's what Oxbucks buy, at least for now.
man_file_1054718_brothel-menu.jpg

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
This is the only board that actually allows for discussion on every issue without some douche banning you because your not pumping propaganda. 247/Gatorcountry are the absolute worst about that $hit!

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
This is the only board that actually allows for discussion on every issue without some douche banning you because your not pumping propaganda. 247/Gatorcountry are the absolute worst about that $hit!

I don't know how I didn't get banned last year. I went after Nuss & co. hardcore. I even dared to debate Ray on a few occasions. Some nice people, but boy were some people blindly loyal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.