Went to the Gatorsports forum...found this gem

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
After they resuscitated the board the first time, I logged in, and OMG Alvin was already there, water a CF...deleted from the saved list.

Swampy!

Aug 3, 2018
Years ago I spammed that board so hard that it literally shut down for a couple of days. Some of you here will remember that fondly.

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
When I was in my thirties I would get in my car and go to a specialty news stand just so I could pick up the Sun's Sunday edition (at a premium) and read about the game. That was my ritual even if I had been to the game. Our local Jax paper was fine, but I wanted more.

Now I wouldn't read that pathetic paper or post on that pathetic board if they paid me.

The guy covering the Gators for The Athletic website is writing some very good, in-depth articles. Much better than anyone else covering UF that I've seen recently. I consider that site to be well worth the price.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The guy covering the Gators for The Athletic website is writing some very good, in-depth articles. Much better than anyone else covering UF that I've seen recently. I consider that site to be well worth the price.
Yet you don't feel this one is worth the price? For shame!

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
The GSMB doesn't ban anyone because there are no mods to do it.
I beg to differ.....
huck.jpg

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Could Ocbucks be used like an auction fundraiser to redirect certain posters to GSMB when they log in? Hypothetically of course.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yet you don't feel this one is worth the price? For shame!
1099 a few decent freelancers (you might be pleasantly surprised how inexpensive it is) and give it a go.

That's logically the next step. You want info that is unique to Gatorchatter and that comes off as polished. That'll pull people.

Last edited:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
1099 a few decent freelancers (you might be pleasantly surprised how inexpensive it is) and give it a go.

That's logically the next step. You want info that is unique to Gatorchatter and that comes off as polished. That'll pull people.
Law and the Professor could do a joint article on the status of the program.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member

I've got cover2 and GatorTruth to do that.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
When I was in my thirties I would get in my car and go to a specialty news stand just so I could pick up the Sun's Sunday edition (at a premium) and read about the game. That was my ritual even if I had been to the game. Our local Jax paper was fine, but I wanted more.

Now I wouldn't read that pathetic paper or post on that pathetic board if they paid me.

THIS

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Years ago I spammed that board so hard that it literally shut down for a couple of days. Some of you here will remember that fondly.
I actually do. However, I acknowledge the present reality, that I'm afraid and starting to panic. I won't try to ignore it, or pretend it's not there. I won't struggle to distract myself, tell myself to "stop thinking about it!", or snap any rubber bands on my wrist.

I'm acknowledging simply that I am afraid, not that I am in danger. The thought that I am in danger is just another symptom of panic, not an important or useful thought.

Here I accept the fact that I'm afraid at this moment. I don't fight the feeling; ask God to take it away; blame myself, or anybody else. I accept, as best I can, that I'm afraid in the same way I would accept a headache. I don't like headaches, but I don't bang my head against the wall in an effort to get rid of them, because that makes them worse. Overcoming panic attacks begins with working with, not against, my panic and anxiety symptoms.

What makes this acceptable (not desirable, but acceptable) is that, while it feels awful and fills me with dread, it isn't dangerous. It won't kill me or make me crazy. Someone pointing a gun at me, that's not acceptable. I might get hurt or killed. If someone points a gun at me, I have to do whatever I can to change that: run, hide, fight, yell, bribe, or beg, because the consequence of being shot is so terrible that I must try to avoid it.

On the other hand - a policeman giving me a ticket, even if I don't deserve it, I can live with that, and can hopefully keep my temper in check so I don't make things worse for myself.

Accepting the symptoms, not resisting, is a powerful step to overcoming everything. Go Gators.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I actually do. However, I acknowledge the present reality, that I'm afraid and starting to panic. I won't try to ignore it, or pretend it's not there. I won't struggle to distract myself, tell myself to "stop thinking about it!", or snap any rubber bands on my wrist.

I'm acknowledging simply that I am afraid, not that I am in danger. The thought that I am in danger is just another symptom of panic, not an important or useful thought.

Here I accept the fact that I'm afraid at this moment. I don't fight the feeling; ask God to take it away; blame myself, or anybody else. I accept, as best I can, that I'm afraid in the same way I would accept a headache. I don't like headaches, but I don't bang my head against the wall in an effort to get rid of them, because that makes them worse. Overcoming panic attacks begins with working with, not against, my panic and anxiety symptoms.

What makes this acceptable (not desirable, but acceptable) is that, while it feels awful and fills me with dread, it isn't dangerous. It won't kill me or make me crazy. Someone pointing a gun at me, that's not acceptable. I might get hurt or killed. If someone points a gun at me, I have to do whatever I can to change that: run, hide, fight, yell, bribe, or beg, because the consequence of being shot is so terrible that I must try to avoid it.

On the other hand - a policeman giving me a ticket, even if I don't deserve it, I can live with that, and can hopefully keep my temper in check so I don't make things worse for myself.

Accepting the symptoms, not resisting, is a powerful step to overcoming everything. Go Gators.

Was it Swampy on the old board that used to post just completely random stuff mid thread? Like he was halfway into his own conversation. Pretty sure I remember one of his posts talking about someone named Tammy struggling to read directions on assembling something. For some reason, it always cracked me up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb