We're getting better and better

How would you grade the Gators performance?

• A

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • B

Votes: 71 50.0%
  • C

Votes: 60 42.3%
  • D

Votes: 5 3.5%

• Total voters

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Our lack of depth is going to be an issue all season.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
A lot of Gators picked us to lose today. Even more said we have no chance at covering the 19.5 point spread. Those same people are STILL ****ing all over the team despite a 38 point win.

The main problem with this team is still Franks. If he can play even average football, I expect to win in Knoxville.

I was almost spot on the score...but yeah I expect more from this team against a WAC team

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
We don't have an imbecile leading us and tbh, I like the direction. Yes that loss to Kentucky was bad...but look... the kentucky streak was GOING to end sometime with how bad we've been. It should have ended several times this decade and took an absolute implosion by kentucky to not end last year. Mullen is working with a 4-8 roster, and imo I see signs that players are...wait for it....LEARNING. I never had that feel under Butters.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Losing Wilson mattered; the secondary is certainly in a bit of disarray at the moment. However, saying we didn't get enough push is ridiculous - perhaps we were watching different games.
I think they actually played better tonight. Losing Wilson would be a loss for anyone, even Bammer or Suckeyes, but the safeties were a not as out of position tonight. Overall, Id say we improved.

We improved in all areas, some more than others.

The Kintucky is better than Col State, but not by much. It's hard to imagine not thinking we improved. It's a defense mechanism I guess. 4-8 is still pretty likely.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think they actually played better tonight. Losing Wilson would be a loss for anyone, even Bammer or Suckeyes, but the safeties were a not as out of position tonight. Overall, Id say we improved.

We improved in all areas, some more than others.

The Kintucky is better than Col State, but not by much. It's hard to imagine not thinking we improved. It's a defense mechanism I guess. 4-8 is still pretty likely.
I don't know that I would disagree with 4-8. We're worse off than a lot of us thought. That may be as good as it gets this year. All that matters is how we set up the next two.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I don't know if I saw improvement or we just simply played a much worse team. The outcome was much better tho so I'll take it. Still say we won't know anything until a few more games.

Exactly:

1. The offense was still awful against one of college football's worse defenses.

2. The defensive effort was better but still too many missed tackles and too many third and Granthams. The effort which is what was mostly lacking against UK was better. Certainly the Colorado State offense is more of a challenge than their defense.

3. Special teams showed some promise. Place kicking was good. Punting was ok. UF did NOTHING to cause their punter to miss an ok snap on the first punt. The punt that was blocked was a nice play. The punt returns were good, but the TD return was when the clock was such that the game was becoming over. The coverage teams seemed solid.

4. I am concerned that the staff had clearly pumped the announced and analysts full of 87 DB are out or whatever number they were claiming. I am not sure I feel good about a staff that spends their time pumping the press full of excuses particularly against the likes of Colorado State.

5. I sure wish Mullen would give Trask a series in the first half and then Franks an extra series in the second half. Franks is one hit away from UF needing Trask to have some experience. It would be nice if some of Trask's experience was with the players who play.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm going to modify, or recant, what I said earlier. I think 4-8 is a little too dour. I think 5-7 at the worst and 7-5 at the best.

Still not a great season, but that's not how you measure progress from where we're at. Not with this level of talent. You measure it by how well the players respond to Mullen and how well he recruits

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
A lot of Gators picked us to lose today. Even more said we have no chance at covering the 19.5 point spread. Those same people are STILL ****ing all over the team despite a 38 point win.

The main problem with this team is still Franks. If he can play even average football, I expect to win in Knoxville.

Franks is absolutely putrid. Unacceptably bad. CSU tried to give us the game early and he gave it right back.

SEC teams will make him look foolish while he makes us look foolish.

His suck compounds the other problems this team has.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
UF certainly has more talent that Vandy, MSU, Idaho, Missouri and SoCar. The question is will that talent get the coaching it needs.

It doesn't matter. Franks and his **** play will have us down two to three scores in each of the SEC games.

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Colorado State is pure garbage. Not a good team at all. Arkansas lost by 27 to North Texas so, that Colorado State win becomes much less impressive.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
It doesn't matter. Franks and his **** play will have us down two to three scores in each of the SEC games.

It is the job of the head coach to coach up a credible QB. Franks is not required to play by law (not Law) or anything.

I have seen 6th string walk on QBs become very good starters at UF as RFROSH. I have seen 4th or 5th string QBs who were suspended the prior season for gambling become very good starters at UF. This was before the days of graduate transfers.

Someplace on the UF roster is someone who can be a credible college QB. We are paying a guy over $6 million to find and coach up that person.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I agree with the Facepalm Threatmatrix. It is amazing that we are paying a guy $6 million and he can not identify and coach up a QB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator