We're Gonna Air The Ball Out This Year (Finally)

ShelbyGator

Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Sport Reference did a break down of 1996 verse 2006, then I just got the numbers from 2015, and compared to 1996. Not that difficult. As far as UF's line... which you failed to mention, player pages.

Now you want to change to BMI, that wasn't your earlier argument with UF's line was 275?

And CB's now often stand over 6', if it often over would you say 50% it's over, because that would make the average cornerback height taller than the 5'11" that is reported by the NCAA for 2015.

And you want BMI?

Tackles in 1996 had a BMI approximately .6 higher than now
Guards in 1996 had a BMI approximately the same as now
Centers in 1996 had a BMI Approximately .7 lower than now
DE in 1996 had a BMI approximately 1.5 higher than now
DT in 1996 had a BMI approximately 1.5 lower than now
NT in 1996 had a BMI approximately 2.0 higher than now
LB in 1996 had a BMI approximately the same as now

Huge difference as we can see between now and them on the BMI scale as well... this sport science it so new, know one knew how to take care of their bodies in the 1990's.

I think the helmet may not be all that's concrete. Just sayin...

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
As long as they make sense and are generally accepted to be true by knowledgeable fans.

so the people who have already agreed with me, and the opposite of you?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry man. I just generally disagree with you. If you were talking 50 or 60 years ago your argument may hold more water, but 20? That 1995 Nebraska team would still kick some major ass today.

That Nebraska team would have won multiple championships the last decade. One of the all time great teams.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
There's a reason why the adage "the cream always rises to the top" maintains a meaning
not related to dairy significance. Had the "glory heroes" of the past been born-borne into
today's football-grooming environment, I bet they would have performed with equivalent stardom.

To cast dispersions on past players' achievements seems similar to advocating sweeping out from
the HOFs of all sports all inductees of seasons 15 years ago or older? It's a nasty petty professing.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That Nebraska team would have won multiple championships the last decade. One of the all time great teams.
We were down by one TD at half time. If we hadn't lost two OL, Danny would have picked their DBs apart.

Every offense looked great against Zook's defense.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
so the people who have already agreed with me, and the opposite of you?
Now I know why you didn't want to post the link......seems Ol Crete was a little more right than you...And from "Sports Reference" the margin get's even higher from 2006 to the present:burn2:

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
WOW.....Looks like I wasn't that far off.....and when I originally said 275, I meant to put a question ? then a slash 285 like I normally do......Another note is at the end of the year we were playing more of those back up players.

Jeff Mitchell Center 6-5 291
Mo Collins OT 6-5 312
Zach Pillar OT 6-5 306
Ryan Kalich OG 6-3 282
Donnie Young OG 6-4 315

Average 301. Yeah pretty far off. Just curious. Had your balls dropped by '96?

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
We were down by one TD at half time. If we hadn't lost two OL, Danny would have picked their DBs apart.

That wasn't zook. It was Pruitt - the same guy who gave us the choke at doke. He took the HC job at Marshall (pretty sure SOS told him to find a new job) and opened the door for Stoops.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Now I know why you didn't want to post the link......seems Ol Crete was a little more right than you...And from "Sports Reference" the margin get's even higher from 2006 to the present:burn2:

Re-read my post, I said I took that post then found the numbers for 2015 can compared them.... much like logical thinking reading isn't high on your list of skills.

Sport Reference did a break down of 1996 verse 2006, then I just got the numbers from 2015, and compared to 1996. Not that difficult. As far as UF's line... which you failed to mention, player pages.

Crete you are just further proving you ability to lose an argument and then make a blanket statement. If you want to provide data, please provide data if not just stfu. Because you are truly adding nothing to this conversation at this point.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

That 1996 would have had multiple championships in the last decade too in my opinion Law. Both were teams better than at least 4 NC teams in the last decade.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That wasn't zook. It was Pruitt - the same guy who gave us the choke at doke. He took the HC job at Marshall (pretty sure SOS told him to find a new job) and opened the door for Stoops.

No pretty sure about it, Spurrier already was getting Stoops before Pruitt had signed the Marshall contract. He was done with Pruitt.

WillGetIn

Founding Member
Stalker
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Except that Pruett was Defensive Coordinator that year and the year before, while Zook was Special Teams Coach... Both left after the Nebraska game and then Stoops came in.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Jeff Mitchell Center 6-5 291
Mo Collins OT 6-5 312
Zach Pillar OT 6-5 306
Ryan Kalich OG 6-3 282
Donnie Young OG 6-4 315

Average 301. Yeah pretty far off. Just curious. Had your balls dropped by '96?
I'm so maybe my memory escapes me a little however I'd be willing to say Zedalis, Blackshear, and Carlisle had plenty of reps during the 96 season especially in the latter part of the season....bring that average much closer to the 275-285 mark.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Re-read my post, I said I took that post then found the numbers for 2015 can compared them.... much like logical thinking reading isn't high on your list of skills.

Crete you are just further proving you ability to lose an argument and then make a blanket statement. If you want to provide data, please provide data if not just stfu. Because you are truly adding nothing to this conversation at this point.
The data speaks....and it says even the players drafted got bigger....except at OT and DE, WHICH FURTHER PROVES MY THEORY RIGHT in regards to the game being played at a much faster pace. Pure speed rushers/DE's are more athletic and the OT's had to get quicker which is more proof of evolution of the game.....Next you can prove to me that HS players are getting smaller.....you know the guys that become CFB players.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
That 1996 would have had multiple championships in the last decade too in my opinion Law. Both were teams better than at least 4 NC teams in the last decade.
Talk about a blanket statement....prove it or you're guilty of spouting nonsense.....Pot meet kettle

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.