WestWorld Season 3

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I watched season 1 a couple of years ago and am just catching up into season 3.

Things I love about it:
Season 1 - the whole issue of forming consciousness, the study of what people actually do with freedom/opportunity, the evolution of the Man in Black

Season 2 - The idea of transporting our “code” into artificial bodies or virtual realities, the evil that emerges in the creation of these sentient artificial beings

Things I dislike:
There’s a cat & mouse aspect to the flashbacks that is confusing and frustrating. A few times it has given fun epiphanies but mostly it is just annoying and worse in season 2, like they are just screwing with the audience because they can. And I’m really weary of Bernard’s confusion bit. It’s interesting that he’s got several internal moral battles but him constantly in the corner looking confused is just annoying.

Season 3, an episode in, is off to a great start.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
It's been disappointing. I expected much more. Like a war between humans and hosts. Apparently it's all setup for next season.
They've sidelined William. Even Ed Harris complained. Most of the season is Dolores looking smug and speaking in riddles. The plot is nonsensical or just poorly written. Plot holes have been a big complaint. Maeve's whole arc/motivation doesn't make any sense. Dialog is poorly written. Bernard mostly does nothing the whole season. Charlotte Hale is the only interesting character. Oh yeah, and Aaron Paul is in it.
I had high hopes for the season and it's just nothing like I expected.
Honestly nothing much happens all season. The good news is that it's mostly straight forward. No time line fckery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.