What’s the best game you’ve ever been to at The Swamp? What are your top five games since 95?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Mine was when Jarvis Moss blocked two field goals to beat USCe

I was at that game, it was awesome.

I can't do "post 1995" as many were before that:

The Tenn game in 93, when they got a lead on us and we stormed back....then it rained like hell, was great (I was a student at the time).

The 91 FSU game, 14-9, when we hadn't beaten them in quite some time was a great nail biter.

The 2008 LSU game, where we blew their asses out (after the 2007 heart breaking loss in Baton Rouge).

The 1991 TN game, when Larry Kennedy had the pick-six was awesome.

The 1999 TN game? When Alex Brown had 5 sacks? Great game (after TN had won the NC the year before).

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Haven’t been to many great ones...2009 tenn was good and 1999 FSU was the craziest I’ve ever seen the crowd but obviously lost

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I was at that game, it was awesome.

I can't do "post 1995" as many were before that:

The Tenn game in 93, when they got a lead on us and we stormed back....then it rained like hell, was great (I was a student at the time).

The 91 FSU game, 14-9, when we hadn't beaten them in quite some time was a great nail biter.

The 2008 LSU game, where we blew their asses out (after the 2007 heart breaking loss in Baton Rouge).

The 1991 TN game, when Larry Kennedy had the pick-six was awesome.

The 1999 TN game? When Alex Brown had 5 sacks? Great game (after TN had won the NC the year before).

Your referring to the 95 TN game, that they had the lead with Manning and we scored 48 straight points. Game ended in a monsoon.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Your referring to the 95 TN game, that they had the lead with Manning and we scored 48 straight points. Game ended in a monsoon.

Really? Damn, I'm getting old! The 93 game was a good one too, from what I recall (young, half in the bag w/ a quart of Jim Beam in me!! :D ).

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
I can only remember to 95 I was 10 and it was the first year I can recollect being a big fan the SEC championship was my first memory of a TV game and the next year I made my Alabama fan father start taking me to games I’ve been to a game game every year but last year and there are so many but the 08 LSU game was definitely a top 5 and UK when Burton scored 6 TDS

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I can only remember to 95 I was 10 and it was the first year I can recollect being a big fan the SEC championship was my first memory of a TV game and the next year I made my Alabama fan father start taking me to games I’ve been to a game game every year but last year and there are so many but the 08 LSU game was definitely a top 5 and UK when Burton scored 6 TDS

My first Gator game was 1979. I watched us lose to Kentucky 33-3 (we took a commanding 3-0 lead and then UK came storming back)! I remember running around on the field after the game (they let you do that back then), it was artificial turf. Believe it or not, I attended a few UF/Kentucky basketball games at the old Alligator Alley (my step father worked for CSX railroad and was transferred to Florida in the 70's, so he took me to my first UF games - football and basketball).

I was at the UF/Cincinatti game in 83, 84, or 85....or maybe 86 when Urban Meyer was a walk-on for them also! I have the program somewhere at my parent's house in a box.

Edit: I just googled it, we played Cincinnati in 1984.

krisl648

Founding Member
Life Long Gator!
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
2006 vs Kensucky....little known QB Timmy Tebow came in and rushed for 73 yds. When he came into the game everyone could sense something special was happening and would just go nuts. He would march us up and down the field. They would take him out when we got down near the goal line...drive would stall out...

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
97 vs Criminoles of course. Utter pandemonium throughout the stadium, especially the student section where I was at. Nothing else will ever come close in crowd reaction because the students on their phones don’t give a $hit any more. Though 2006 Jarvis Moss vs the Cock$ was a somewhat distant second.

Draft Punk

Aug 1, 2018
The 14-9 Florida FSU win So many great plays
Even though it was a loss the Frank Sanders auburn loss was an amazing game
The blocked punt SCAR game

Windy City Gator

Banned
BANNED
Oct 26, 2017
Not sure why you want to limit it to past 95

1. 86 Auburn
  2. 94 Georgia
  3. 95 UT
  4. 97 UT
  5. 84 Auburn the beat down on Bo.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
5- 02 vs Auburn- Rex hitting Jacobs in the back of the endzone on 3rd and long in OT
They had a great backfield with Brown and Cadillac. Campbell was solid under center for the Tigers.
4- 02 cocktail party- This was the first of many. They were undefeated and highly ranked. Game sticks
out to me because it was the last one played at night. Kelvin Kight stepped up big time after Jacobs went down.
He would go on to set an NCAA record in this game for catching a dozen bubble screens. Thanks Zaunbrecher.
3- 06 Sec title game- Paging Reggie fish, Reggie Fish thank you. This young man tried to catch an over the shoulder
punt around the 2 yard line. Antonio Callaway I believe went to this school of punt return knowledge. Wondy recovers
in the endzone for a gift 6, and the Gators seal it later on with a long Percy run breaking the back of the hogs.
2- 08 cocktail party- The only reason this isn't #1 is because we didn't lift a trophy after the clock hit zero. So many
memorable moments from Spikes, Rainey , Percy and Tebow. Even John Brantley was firing bullet passes to his
receivers late in the ball game, well after pup fans left the building.
1- Sec title game 08- Tebow with three redzone touchdown passes. All of them placed where only the receiver could get to it.
With Percy in street clothes he put the team on his back. Cunningham would seal the deal with a sack on Bama's last chance.
Which would lead to a Haden pick the following play.

Worst experiences I would say are the 05 peach bowl against the Canes. Strong didn't do himself any favors with this one.
06 Vs Auburn and 2010 LSU still piss me off.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
97 vs Criminoles of course. Utter pandemonium throughout the stadium, especially the student section where I was at. Nothing else will ever come close in crowd reaction because the students on their phones don’t give a $hit any more. Though 2006 Jarvis Moss vs the Cock$ was a somewhat distant second.[/QUOTE

]:doh:

I can't believe I left off 97 FSU. Best game in the swamp i've been to for sure

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
97 FSU hands down greatest game. For anyone who picks 06 USC i will automatically assume you didn’t go to 97 FSU. That game was a roller coaster throughout seeing how we were playing the number 1 team in the country.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
97 FSU hands down greatest game. For anyone who picks 06 USC i will automatically assume you didn’t go to 97 FSU. That game was a roller coaster throughout seeing how we were playing the number 1 team in the country.

I went to 97 FSU game, and the 1986 is the best game I witnessed at BHG.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Of the ones I’ve been to, either ‘12 LSU or ‘15 Ole Miss. In hindsight, both games gave us false hope about the direction of the program, but in the moment, those were fantastic games to be in the stands for.

After that, Tebow’s last home game was amazing, although the game itself was a bit of a laugher. His last TD drive was insane with the amount of flash bulbs going off during every play, it was almost like the Super Bowl out there. I guess in a way, that game also gave us false hope going into the Bama game. :facepalm:

If I happen to attend any “we’re back” games in the future, assume that we aren’t. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb