What about the flyover?

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Interesting ideas but until the Bull Gators get together to demand change nothing will happen. Now I bet he is not happy with the 9 and feels that he has failed them. I don't get the way he has run his interactions with the press, surely he knows better. Perhaps not.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
So do the legwork and get pricing.

I emailed a company about it yesterday, here's their response.

Message body
Beach Banners can fly your personal ad over the tailgate of the UF game. The flight must end 1 hour prior to kick off for security measures. Personal message with up to 36 letters. $795
Joel Weaner
904-504-4436

So they wont fly over the stadium during the game. That pretty much kills the idea. But man it would have been great to see the dopey look on that fckers face to look up during the game and see one of our creations.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member

Message body
Beach Banners can fly your personal ad over the tailgate of the UF game. The flight must end 1 hour prior to kick off for security measures. Personal message with up to 36 letters. $795
Joel Weaner
904-504-4436

So they wont fly over the stadium during the game. That pretty much kills the idea. But man it would have been great to see the dopey look on that fckers face to look up during the game and see one of our creations.
Dude, if we did this there would be pictures taken and it would end up in the newspaper, maybe even in the local news. It would probably be grabbed and made national news.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Dude, if we did this there would be pictures taken and it would end up in the newspaper, maybe even in the local news. It would probably be grabbed and made national news.

I agree, but my only reason for wanting to do it is to see the pain and disappointment on his face when he sees it. If it's not during the game and he's not on the field waddling around lost when it flies over it takes most of the joy out of it.

Fck it, I'm still game if enough of you are.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
I agree, but my only reason for wanting to do it is to see the pain and disappointment on his face when he sees it. If it's not during the game and he's not on the field waddling around lost when it flies over it takes most of the joy out of it.

Fck it, I'm still game if enough of you are.
In.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Message body
Joel Weaner
904-504-4436

How long would the flight be over tailgate? How many passes?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
First and foremost, what would the message be? Other than GATORCHATTER.COM, I'm not sure what other message to send.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Claribelle my ass... you’re fired!

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Banner can be an implied message. Then if any media 'spundip' chastizes us spoiled Florida fans, it means they made the leap that it was insulting McElwain :

[GATORCHATTER.COM = THE FIRING SQUAD]

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Here's what I sent him yesterday.

Ok, I've got a few more questions.
1) How long will the flight take place over the tailgate? Or is there a certain number of flyovers?
2) What's the limitations on what we can say? For instance will "UF deserves better" or "Fire Mac - GatorChatter.com" be acceptable? No cursing of course just curious to how creative we can get.
3) Does spaces count against the 36 count maximum letter count?
Thanks

And here is his response.

Message can be of your choice.... I don’t like to fly vulgar language. Spaces do not count. We can squeeze 42 letters if needed. Flight is one hour take off to land from the Gainesville airport. Gives you 45 minutes over the tailgate. What date are you requesting?

Joel Weaner
904-504-4436

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.