What coaching to WIN looks like

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Of course, Muschamp has not been faced with that kind of situation (unless you count Driskel's pass to Demarcus in 1st OT for the TD, which he had no choice to call) yet this year. We'll see what he does if he gets placed in that similar situation.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I seem to recall the Gators passing the ball on the last two drives. I also remember the Gators trying to pass in the red zone, but not being able to deal with UK blitzes. I'm not sure what people are looking for when they say he needs to "coach to win" in regards to the UK game?

G

Founding Member
Founding Member
ATXGator;n53769 said:
I seem to recall the Gators passing the ball on the last two drives. I also remember the Gators trying to pass in the red zone, but not being able to deal with UK blitzes. I'm not sure what people are looking for when they say he needs to "coach to win" in regards to the UK game?

Seems to me that Crunchtime was saying the he has no illusion that if Muschamp had been in that exact scenario that he would not have taken the chance. The OT situation left him no choice so therefore the decision was not really his.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
sonomagator said:
Yeah, because WM has never gambled and gone on 4th down.
That's true, he hasn't.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
GatormanTX;n53816 said:
Seems to me that Crunchtime was saying the he has no illusion that if Muschamp had been in that exact scenario that he would not have taken the chance. The OT situation left him no choice so therefore the decision was not really his.

I don't think that is a fair assessment... maybe he would.. maybe he wouldn't, but we haven't seen Muschamp in that exact scenario to know. We haven't seen him with the lead in a close game on 4th and inches against an offense that probably should have already scored on you a couple of times...

My bigger point was that people are saying Muschamp coaches "not to lose"... while I agree with that statement regarding last year... I have not seen it this year and did not see it in the UK game.

88drgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
ATXGator;n53871 said:
I don't think that is a fair assessment... maybe he would.. maybe he wouldn't, but we haven't seen Muschamp in that exact scenario to know. We haven't seen him with the lead in a close game on 4th and inches against an offense that probably should have already scored on you a couple of times...

My bigger point was that people are saying Muschamp coaches "not to lose"... while I agree with that statement regarding last year... I have not seen it this year and did not see it in the UK game.

You will get your chance. There will be scrotal shrinkage at Bama. WM is too intimidated by his mentor, Satan.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
If we had a PK worth a damn, OT never would have happened. I like Velez, but I don't buy the b.s. of having a 'short' kicker and a 'long' kicker.

G

Founding Member
Founding Member
sonomagator said:
Yeah, because WM has never gambled and gone on 4th down.
The point was clearly missed here.

Mudd

Lurker
Aug 19, 2014
gardnerwebbalumnigator;n53972 said:
If we had a PK worth a damn, OT never would have happened. I like Velez, but I don't buy the b.s. of having a 'short' kicker and a 'long' kicker.

It's the same as having 2 QBs, it means you don't have one that is any good..

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

It doesn't happen in college football. A kicker with a 50 foot leg comes along once a century for most teams.

I know that we were used to Driskel shiiitting his britches every time he got the red zone and watching Caleb Sturgis bail him out with long distance kick, but Sturgis isn't coming back.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator said:

It doesn't happen in college football. A kicker with a 50 foot leg comes along once a century for most teams.

I know that we were used to Driskel shiiitting his britches every time he got the red zone and watching Caleb Sturgis bail him out with long distance kick, but Sturgis isn't coming back.
He didn't **** his britches on 4th and 7 in ot did he?

Mudd

Lurker
Aug 19, 2014
Law98gator said:

No but I was when I saw no one knew what play was being run.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Remember when Spurrier punted on 3rd down cuz we couldn't get our act together. God I miss him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator