What color uniforms Saturday?

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It's my impression that he let's the seniors choose the unis every week.

rockinchair

Dec 11, 2015
I'm hoping for the blue jerseys and white pants.

I like the all blues at home for big games and the all whites away for big road games.

Not a fan at all of the orange jerseys. The orange pants on occasion are cool, though.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I miss the blue tops with orange pants. I also miss the deep blue color we used to use. I'm not a huge fan of the lighter blue on the unis today.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Black cleats, please. All the time, please.

Favorite uni right here (black cleats, darker blue jersey and downfield fun-n-gun):

ncf_g_matthews_195.jpg

backstop13

Behind Enemy Lines
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
I love the orange pants on the road. Brings back memories of ol' Danny slinging it all over the field and Spurrier running 50+ on opposing teams.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, (deep) blue tops, orange pants with the pin stripes down the side, white socks and black cleats.

The Glory Days!!!

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
For whatever reason we haven't had much success with the blue top/orange pants combo.
Obviously the sugar bowl against Louisville was an embarrassment , and the only other time
I can really recall that combo was 99 at home against FSU. Which also didn't end well.
I prefer the all blue or all white. I'm pretty sure after getting humbled on the road against Bama
in 05. Meyer never had the guys in orange pants again.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
For whatever reason we haven't had much success with the blue top/orange pants combo.
Obviously the sugar bowl against Louisville was an embarrassment , and the only other time
I can really recall that combo was 99 at home against FSU. Which also didn't end well.
I prefer the all blue or all white. I'm pretty sure after getting humbled on the road against Bama
we killed in those unis for a long time. if we are going to get rid of unis that zook and chump didn't do well with we'd have to come up with an entirely new color scheme for the team. one loss on the road in Meyers first year doesn't mean orange pants are cursed, c'mon brah.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not one that thinks that just because of our bad years, bad loss, or a coach that the Uni's suck. Take the Uni's off the player and they do nothing. There is one thing about our color scheme. We can have so many "cool" options. But my favorite is all Blue. But it's neat to change it up from time to time.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
we killed in those unis for a long time. if we are going to get rid of unis that zook and chump didn't do well with we'd have to come up with an entirely new color scheme for the team. one loss on the road in Meyers first year doesn't mean orange pants are cursed, c'mon brah.

Agree, Durty Swamp. If I recollect correct, it was white shirts and orange pants the day Chris Leak led the Gators on a fourth quarter drive to beat FSU in Tallahasee. Any combo of colors is fine imho, though orange pants with blue shirts is not a favorite of mine.

Edit: It was 2004, Zook's last year and the first game on Bobby Bowden field.

Last edited:

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm a little odd I guess. I kinda like the orange pants with blue jerseys.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Also lost in 89 to fsu in that combo...not sure we've ever won in them. They are so hideous our players can't overcome the awfulness

Gator_Chompz

Founding Member
Marine 4 Life
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Don't think uniforms give us any competitive advantages that I know of....

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator