What do you do when it all starts to go wrong.....again

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It depends on the opponent, and I also try to rewatch the games after the emotional glasses are off. After a tough loss I prefer to do some work either for work or around the house to burn off the energy. It also makes it easier to think through what I watched.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
GatorBart;n61266 said:
Exactly what I was thinking after the game.
However, we lost to Bama, like most folks thought we would. Call me crazy, but there's still a lot of games left to be played. I'm still hopeful. A little ray of sunshine from the rainy NW.
:pumper:

I agree, but I think it is more of the way we lost to Bama. The fact that the offense looked so bad with Driskel and the D made the same mistakes they have been making. I'm with you on hoping that we see the changes against UT and the improvement we are all hoping for.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen said:
I have given up all hope. Forever.
Honestly, I've calmed down a lot of the last 10 years. Freshman year of college I hit a wall when we lost to Georgia. At that point I realized this is just a game and I shouldn't get that upset.

I definitely hate losing but I realize it's not the end of the world. I don't have many thoughts on the Bama game because I didn't really watch. The first half I was working, saw a bit of the second half but when things started to fall apart I did the other stuff I needed to do for work.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Decent thread Helmet. It's hard as a die hard Gator fan to detach yourself. I'm sure a lot of us went through a similar phase last year. At some point the pain just becomes too much and the only way to get through it is to focus your attention on something else. You're doing the best you can to deal with it just like the rest of us. And that's really all you can do. Hopefully things will click in practice these next couple of weeks so when we get back into the thick of the schedule @UT we'll all have plenty to be happy about again.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We usually. Cook out with friends and family for the game s so I'm just thankful for that and make the best of it. Atleast we have a team to root for.and Atleast we say we was here during the muschamp years when the next wave of bandwagon fans come along

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n61439 said:
We usually. Cook out with friends and family for the game s so I'm just thankful for that and make the best of it. Atleast we have a team to root for.and Atleast we say we was here during the muschamp years when the next wave of bandwagon fans come along

You will be able to tell the younger generations about Driskel years from now when they start complaining about the QB play.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara said:
The other thing is that I usually get it out of my system here. It usually takes me a few days. I' m good now until the TN game.
Or until the next Muschamp thread

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever said:
t-gator;n61439 said:

You will be able to tell the younger generations about Driskel years from now when they start complaining about the QB play.
:deadhorse:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
NavetG8r said:
Decent thread Helmet. It's hard as a die hard Gator fan to detach yourself. I'm sure a lot of us went through a similar phase last year. At some point the pain just becomes too much and the only way to get through it is to focus your attention on something else. You're doing the best you can to deal with it just like the rest of us. And that's really all you can do. Hopefully things will click in practice these next couple of weeks so when we get back into the thick of the schedule @UT we'll all have plenty to be happy about again.
I hope so too Navet, I truly do but I'm starting to wonder. I was just curious what other members feel and if it's changed their gameday experience. I almost never invite friends over to watch games anymore.....

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever said:
t-gator;n61439 said:

You'll be saying, "Back in my day, we had this idiot who couldn't even throw for 100 yards." They will never believe you.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Swallow the red pill, go to sleep. When you wake up everything will be corrected.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I detached in 2012. Even though we were winning I couldn't stand watching Muchamp-ball. 2013 forget about it. This year I had hope… for one game.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara said:
Why wife used to watch the game with me. She can no longer tolerate it anymore. I get angry and I yell at the TV. I watch it to the end even when we are sucking. I have stopped drinking during the games. Drunk Angry Avatara is not a pretty sight to see. Optimistic Avatara is dead. It does not help to have 2 Criminoles at work rubbing salt in the wounds. Once Muschamp is fired, My wife will allow me back into the bedroom again. I've given up. I really don't expect to win anymore games, but I will watch all of them till the last snap. I don't know what to say. It has to get worse before it gets better.
Maybe you should take a step back and prioritize your life. If you're negatively affecting your loved ones with the way you act watching football, that's a you problem.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
When we lose, I kill people. Actually, I kill people when we win too, its just that when we lose I kill more people.

All kidding aside (not really), back in the 80s when we were ALWAYS 6-5 or 7-4 or the occasional 8-3, the games were always fun to watch. You never ever knew what the outcome was going to be. We could upset someone, we could be upset, but most of the games were straight up contests and the outcome was far from certain. It was fun to be honest with you.

I contrast that to some of the more dominant times we've had around here. The vast majority of the games, there was no contest. 9 games a year would be cakewalks and uninteresting. Only time they were interesting were upsets, with us on the wrong end ala Ole Miss 08. Only a few big games each year were interesting for most fans.

So there's that. I guess I'm saying that the UT game coming up would normally be a cakewalk and now it will be interesting.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I spend more time watching and following our other teams. The Gator athletic program is top ten nationally almost every year and there is plenty to cheer for and be proud of. Football will eventually makes its way back...in the meantime, I'm good with volleyball, basketball, softball, gymnastics, track and field and all the others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.