What do you do when it all starts to go wrong.....again

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Blowouts are ok but blowjobs are better!

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n61131 said:
I actually find watching it makes me less angry than listening. At least when I watch I can see how bad we are and I know who to blame... For all the work and class the kid has JD just doesn't seem to have what it takes.

It doesn't seem like Muschamp is getting it done either... hopefully that will change and the team will turn it around, but I will be watching next weekend hoping we beat the crap out of UT.

It doesn't seem like the chump is getting it done? We'll be lucky to pull out the hole he's dug for the program if Fooley hires the perfect coach in 5 years. We looked like a directional school against Bama.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara said:
Why wife used to watch the game with me. She can no longer tolerate it anymore. I get angry and I yell at the TV. I watch it to the end even when we are sucking. I have stopped drinking during the games. Drunk Angry Avatara is not a pretty sight to see. Optimistic Avatara is dead. It does not help to have 2 Criminoles at work rubbing salt in the wounds. Once Muschamp is fired, My wife will allow me back into the bedroom again. I've given up. I really don't expect to win anymore games, but I will watch all of them till the last snap. I don't know what to say. It has to get worse before it gets better.
Gatoravatara, listen to Captain Sasquatch, he's giving you godly advice.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Zambo said:
When we lose, I kill people. Actually, I kill people when we win too, its just that when we lose I kill more people.

All kidding aside (not really), back in the 80s when we were ALWAYS 6-5 or 7-4 or the occasional 8-3, the games were always fun to watch. You never ever knew what the outcome was going to be. We could upset someone, we could be upset, but most of the games were straight up contests and the outcome was far from certain. It was fun to be honest with you.

I contrast that to some of the more dominant times we've had around here. The vast majority of the games, there was no contest. 9 games a year would be cakewalks and uninteresting. Only time they were interesting were upsets, with us on the wrong end ala Ole Miss 08. Only a few big games each year were interesting for most fans.

So there's that. I guess I'm saying that the UT game coming up would normally be a cakewalk and now it will be interesting.
I don't want to be Vandy (or continue being Vandy) again. Thanks for the offer.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
deuce said:
Blowouts are ok but blowjobs are better!
So, I take it Petrino is your top choice to replace Chimp.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
threatmatrix said:
I detached in 2012. Even though we were winning I couldn't stand watching Muchamp-ball. 2013 forget about it. This year I had hope… for one game.
Exactly how I feel

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Zambo said:
When we lose, I kill people. Actually, I kill people when we win too, its just that when we lose I kill more people.

All kidding aside (not really), back in the 80s when we were ALWAYS 6-5 or 7-4 or the occasional 8-3, the games were always fun to watch. You never ever knew what the outcome was going to be. We could upset someone, we could be upset, but most of the games were straight up contests and the outcome was far from certain. It was fun to be honest with you.

I contrast that to some of the more dominant times we've had around here. The vast majority of the games, there was no contest. 9 games a year would be cakewalks and uninteresting. Only time they were interesting were upsets, with us on the wrong end ala Ole Miss 08. Only a few big games each year were interesting for most fans.

So there's that. I guess I'm saying that the UT game coming up would normally be a cakewalk and now it will be interesting.
Ur right. The 80s were fun despite our record. In part because back then it felt like we were getting better. And for some reason we were more exciting to watch

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What to do? Stop being part of the problem and become part of the solution. Don't waste energy figuring out how to accept mediocrity. Demand change.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Honestly... what choice does anyone have? I try not to get too worked up over things that are outside of my control. So I treat it like my annual prostate exam. I try to relax, I try to breath calmly, I cant wait until it is over, and I feel ashamed when it is over.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Zambo said:

Beating the piss out of our rivals never gets old, boring, or *insert adjective here* to me. I used to love watching us score at will and knock the stuffing out of overmatched teams. The 4th quarter used to be fun because we got to see our future stars take the field and continue to pour it on the poor sods. Oh to go back to those days...

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Bernardo de la Paz;n62177 said:
What to do? Stop being part of the problem and become part of the solution. Don't waste energy figuring out how to accept mediocrity. Demand change.
Should we picket?

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
Should we picket?
:surrender: "Hell no, Jeff can't throw! Hell no, Jeff can't throw!" :surrender:

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
bradgator2;n62192 said:
Honestly... what choice does anyone have? I try not to get too worked up over things that are outside of my control. So I treat it like my annual prostate exam. I try to relax, I try to breath calmly, I cant wait until it is over, and I feel ashamed when it is over.

If everyone took this method, there would be almost no need for a sports message board.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator said:
bradgator2;n62192 said:

If everyone took this method, there would be almost no need for a sports message board.
Neah.. the message board is still needed to talk about and debate everything. But as far as going into "Muschamp rage" during the game.... I'll pass.

G

Founding Member
Founding Member
Jax Gator;n62094 said:
Lose to UT and depression will really sink in....

Sorry, that would not make anything worse than it was last year. I am still depressed from things I cannot even mention from last season. I am seeing exactly what I expected this season. I hope we beat UT but I am taking nothing for granted.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
Should we picket?
I chuckled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.