What do you find in common with these names

Discussion in 'Politics' started by crosscreekcooter, Feb 9, 2018.

1. crosscreekcooter

crosscreekcooter Cunning Linguist

Oxbucks:
    $640
    Ratings:
    +4,745 / -6
    Good luck finding a pharmacy to even fill a script from a new doc for opioids. One idiot I knew that lived in Flagler used to have to go to a doc who I believe was in Lakeland and then drive another 75 miles to some little pharmacy out in the flatlands to get it filled every month. He paid both a premium for his addiction.

2. ChiefGator

ChiefGator A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!

Oxbucks:
    $469
    Ratings:
    +1,701 / -153
    Sure it would, and many of these folks are not bed ridden with chronic pain. If you are in that bad of shape you need to be in a professionally managed place. They give out say 30 when you had a small surgery, some pain should just be endured, not taking very addictive drugs for. I have chronic pain, I adapt, take some over the counter meds, and just put up with it some.

3. pilot-in-fla

pilot-in-fla Deplorable
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $520
    Ratings:
    +4,299 / -72
    I agree with you in principle that the less use of powerful painkilling drugs the better -- and if you are able to deal with chronic pain without the use of those kind of drugs, that is very positive. But I don't think that anyone can speak to another person's level of pain or need for strong painkilling drugs.

No question that there are abuses of these drugs in the same way that there are abuses of our second amendment right to keep and bear arms. But making these drugs extremely difficult to obtain for those with legitimate needs because others abuse them is no different from banning law abiding citizens from owning guns because criminals continue to use them.

4. Bammer

Bammer Serving up sh*t sandwiches
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $200
    Ratings:
    +2,995 / -33
    Either you're using or you're on the take. Which is it?

5. pilot-in-fla

pilot-in-fla Deplorable
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $520
    Ratings:
    +4,299 / -72
    Well, nice try but neither. Beyond taking a few vicodin after a couple of dental procedures, I've not been in a situation necessitating the use of strong painkillers. But I don't want to have that option closed off to me in the future because of abuse by others.

6. itsgr82bag8r

itsgr82bag8r Political Forum Fire Starter
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $643
    Ratings:
    +6,858 / -41
    I’m going to have to call this skirmish over. That last point took all the gas out of your argument Bammer.

Winner, by an opiate numbing mile, PIF.

7. g8tr72

g8tr72 Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $585
    Ratings:
    +3,418 / -12
    This thread is quite a trip.

8. itsgr82bag8r

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $643
    Ratings:
    +6,858 / -41
    :rimshot:

9. AugustaGator

AugustaGator Junior Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $662
    Ratings:
    +3,472 / -53
    I hope we are not letting the pendulum swing too far...the issue, at least mine, was the absurdity of the claims by the pharma that there product was much less addictive and they knew who and where the pill mills were and obstructed any attempts to shut them down. I want them to be subject to strict liability.

10. Bammer

Bammer Serving up sh*t sandwiches
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $200
    Ratings:
    +2,995 / -33
    I see you’re popping the pills too.

You need to go to the Copeland pharmacy.

11. itsgr82bag8r

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $643
    Ratings:
    +6,858 / -41
    Not me pal, codine plugs my ass up something fierce.

Now, if you're lookin' to get rid of some good ol' fashioned Lemmons....

12. ChiefGator

ChiefGator A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!

Oxbucks:
    $469
    Ratings:
    +1,701 / -153
    Sure you can. I have gone to PT, they ask your pain level on a 10 point scale. These folks report 9 or 10 and are walking around. And we have a constitution that protects owning weapons, not drugs.

I have heard of females after delivery getting 30 of these and have seen on
    Cops elderly folks selling their pills.

Now for severe things I could see a larger dose.

13. Detroitgator

Detroitgator General Factotum
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $695
    Ratings:
    +7,244 / -10
    Dear Mr. Believes in the Constitution,

Which amendment covers pain killers?

Actually, it’s another issue that should fall under the 10th.

14. AugustaGator

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $662
    Ratings:
    +3,472 / -53
  15. Swamp Donkey

Swamp Donkey 98.2% sarcasm 1.8% full of shyt
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $6,129
    Ratings:
    +29,175 / -625
    They are less addictive. T3s and oxyxontins are less addictive than morphine and heroin. It is a fact.

Show me some evidence of "obstructive" bc I first started prosecuting these cases in the late 1990s and they would always send us whatever we wanted with a phone call. And they regularly sent tips regarding suspicious orders to locals amd DEA. Nothing has changed according to my friends in the industry.

The opoid epidemic is a heroin epidemic, a Mexican cartel epidemic. Mexican cartels that were allowed free reign for eight years while DOJ refused to charge people or only charged minimal offenses (no mandatories). I know that might be a problem for some of you politically and ambulance chasers cant sue cartels. Oh well.

16. AugustaGator

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $662
    Ratings:
    +3,472 / -53
    that is not is in dispute, but you know that. The issue is level of magnitude or the materially difference between the two. The issue is they way oversold the less 'addictiveness'. We are talking about people (a significant portion) getting addicted after 4-5 pills (3 days).

I was told they said they said they had no idea where their pills were going and who was prescribing them...to identify the pill mills and docs. They knew exactly what pharmacies and doctors were abusing the pills.

I agree the 'opidemic' is now a heroin/mexican 'opidemic'. That is not my position

My question to you why were these pill mills and docs not shut down in late 90's but took years and years of abuse before they were finally shut down. I've been told they did NOT have the evidence to do it and it was because they could not get the data from the pharmaceutical companies. Are you suggesting these DEA's were on the take?

17. LagoonGator68

LagoonGator68 Well-Used Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $139
    Ratings:
    +2,274 / -89

Are you really implying this article has one iota of anything to do with the prescription drug system?

"The guns seized were mostly handguns, Putney said, and the drugs included heroin, crack cocaine, cocaine, methamphetamine, marijuana and Ecstasy.

Putney refused to discuss where exactly the arrests took place, saying that the whole region is safer now.

The Violent Crime Task Force isn’t new – it began in the 1980s – but Putney said its work got fresh energy when U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions visited Charlotte to talk about violent crime in December."

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article199871149.html#storylink=cpy

18. AugustaGator

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $662
    Ratings:
    +3,472 / -53
    No, not at all...just we are getting on crime where not enforced fully.

Violent crime has been going up in Charlotte here lately.