What does the school/media expect from fans?

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
As fans we have to rattle the cage. Why the hell should I sit on my hands watching this nonsense go on? Like you all I have many years of loyalty and support under my belt and I want change.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n67572 said:
They always try the strategy of "its just a disgruntled minority of fans etc." as their main tactic. We have reached a point where if we have a losing streak the noise is going to be too loud to ignore and even Foley may be forced to act during the season.

You hope.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
kepler;n67821 said:
As fans we have to rattle the cage.

No you don't. Foley has replaced coaches of programs nobody gives a rat's azz about. He'll do what he deems necessary to have a successful football program since it funds everything else. No one's opinion or complaining on this board matters at all.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
VulcanAlex;n67764 said:
Well it somewhat depends on what you think of as negativity. Now honest review and critical thinking is not what I call negativity. Negativity is whining without a reasonable basis for doing so. Our current football staff is not producing at an acceptable level, saying it is not negativity, but honesty.

I'm not against a coaching change but your statement is certainly not evidenced by efforts on the field. We are 2-1 and surely would be 3-1 without the rain-out.... Yes the Bama game was horrible but our stats are up from last year (offense) and if we beat UT, we will be sitting at 3-1 with 2 SEC East Victories. Without seeming like a WM supporter, what's wrong with these numbers?

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n67830 said:
No you don't. Foley has replaced coaches of programs nobody gives a rat's azz about. He'll do what he deems necessary to have a successful football program since it funds everything else. No one's opinion or complaining on this board matters at all.

At least your last sentence is accurate.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Hey, if they don't want my dollars, then do nothing. I don't pay for misery and relative ineptitude.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Gatoravatara;n67769 said:
You aint seen nothing yet. If we lose to TN, then you will see what negativity is really like. People think you calling him Mushcramp is juvenilehave not seen anything yet. If he loses tomorrow, my nicknames will make yours seem like you are the adult in the room.

:fistbump:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n67830 said:
No one's opinion or complaining on this board matters at all.
Of course not, but it's a friggin' message board.

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
Coach9;n67830 said:
No one's opinion or complaining on this board matters at all.

Negativity is bad for the program - or - it doesn't matter at all. I'm confused because you're on both sides of that fence.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
HogtownGator;n67870 said:
Negativity is bad for the program - or - it doesn't matter at all. I'm confused because you're on both sides of that fence.

Negativity has no benefit to the program. And their negativity does not matter to the decision maker. Two separate issues. Nice try.

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
Coach9;n67872 said:
Negativity has no benefit to the program. And their negativity does not matter to the decision maker. Two separate issues. Nice try.

I'm 100% with you that negativity here has nothing to do with the decision maker. But negativity didn't come out of thin air, and speaking for myself, my negativity comes from knowing the program can and should be better. I can't accept the status quo. I admire your ability to hope, I really do. Hakuna matata.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
Gatoravatara;n67878 said:
Yes lets not be negative. Lets just shut up and let Muschamp stay as long as it takes to turn things around. Our duty is just to buy tickets and send money to the program.

You're finally getting it!

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think players and coaches read Forums but I do think that potential recruits do.

Read whatever you want to into that.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
HogtownGator;n67874 said:
I'm 100% with you that negativity here has nothing to do with the decision maker. But negativity didn't come out of thin air, and speaking for myself, my negativity comes from knowing the program can and should be better. I can't accept the status quo. I admire your ability to hope, I really do. Hakuna matata.

Oh, I know the negativity doesn't come out of thin air. It's worse for me because I'm usually overly optimistic so it's easier to get disappointed. But I can choose how I react to it. I know I'm not enjoyable to be around when I'm bi+ching and complaining. So I try not to.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Do I want a change? Yes. Do I know what that should be? Not really. I don't really get caught up in the negativity. Gator football is about family. I share it with my parents, my children and friends every weekend in the Fall. It brings us together. My dad is my best friend partly because of our love for the Gators. I hope my 4 year old son eventually feels the same way. The late 80's weren't the best years, but we still talk about the Kerwin scramble and the win at Doak in the mud. We still have fond memories of the Dickey years,...Sammy Green, Jimmy Debose, Gafneys, Willie Wilder and Wes Chandler....without championships. We shared the tears as we watched run Lindsey run, the LSU fake field goal, or the Choke at you know where. The joy of watching the OSU lose to ASU in '97 from our hotel room in New Orleans knowing what was in store for us the next day. Spurriers first game as we routed OSU. The crowning of Ron Zook Field in Tally! The Tebow years were great, but the crowds made it harder to bring others to share the experience and it eventually drove ticket prices over the top. Winning is fun, but it's not everything. Not even close. My dad always says, "Have fun when you win, but don't show you ass when you lose"

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Turk182;n67831 said:
I'm not against a coaching change but your statement is certainly not evidenced by efforts on the field. We are 2-1 and surely would be 3-1 without the rain-out.... Yes the Bama game was horrible but our stats are up from last year (offense) and if we beat UT, we will be sitting at 3-1 with 2 SEC East Victories. Without seeming like a WM supporter, what's wrong with these numbers?

We just gave up the most yards in school history with our defensive guru? Huh? Triple OT w/ Tucky. Huh? If you can't see the team is NOT where it should be in someone's fourth year of coaching then you don't want to see it.

Gator charm

Founding Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Mush dog has set our program back 20 years. It does not work. It will never work. It was a bone headed hire and frankly it was not a good fit for him either. He will make someone a fine DC. Foley, fix our football program!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb