What happened to SGG?

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sucker hasn't been in here in over 6 weeks.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He moved to Colorado, been high ever since.
pff.gif

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
You know, up until a couple years ago, I had no idea what that song "Rocky Mountain High" by John Denver was really about.:bandit:

John Denver has repeatedly stated that the song had nothing to do with marijuana even though he hints that he was high when he got the inspiration.

"I remember, almost to the moment, when that song started to take shape in my head. We were working on the next album and it was to be called Mother Nature's Son, after the the Beatles song, which I'd included. It was set for release in September. In mid August, Annie and I and some friends went up to Williams Lake to watch the first Perseid meteor showers. . . .

At some point, I went off in a raft to the middle of the lake, singing my heart out. It wasn't so much that I was singing to entertain anyone back on shore, but rather I was singing for the mountains and for the sky... The shadow of the starlight blew me away. Maybe it was the state I was in. I went back and lay down next to Annie in front of our tent, thinking everybody had gone to sleep, and thinking about how in nature all things, large and small, were interwoven, when swoosh, a meteor went smoking by. . . .

I worked on the song -- and the song worked on me -- for a good couple of weeks. I was working one day with Mike Taylor, an acoustic guitarist who had performed with me at the Cellar Door and had moved out to Aspen. Mike sat down and showed me this guitar lick and suddenly the whole thing came together. It was just what the piece needed. When I realized what I had -- another anthem, maybe; a true expression of one's self, maybe -- we changed the sequencing of the album we'd just completed, and then we changed the album title."

http://www.westword.com/music/is-jo...ana-or-is-it-a-big-myth-understanding-5692472

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
John Denver has repeatedly stated that the song had nothing to do with marijuana even though he hints that he was high when he got the inspiration.

"I remember, almost to the moment, when that song started to take shape in my head. We were working on the next album and it was to be called Mother Nature's Son, after the the Beatles song, which I'd included. It was set for release in September. In mid August, Annie and I and some friends went up to Williams Lake to watch the first Perseid meteor showers. . . .

At some point, I went off in a raft to the middle of the lake, singing my heart out. It wasn't so much that I was singing to entertain anyone back on shore, but rather I was singing for the mountains and for the sky... The shadow of the starlight blew me away. Maybe it was the state I was in. I went back and lay down next to Annie in front of our tent, thinking everybody had gone to sleep, and thinking about how in nature all things, large and small, were interwoven, when swoosh, a meteor went smoking by. . . .

I worked on the song -- and the song worked on me -- for a good couple of weeks. I was working one day with Mike Taylor, an acoustic guitarist who had performed with me at the Cellar Door and had moved out to Aspen. Mike sat down and showed me this guitar lick and suddenly the whole thing came together. It was just what the piece needed. When I realized what I had -- another anthem, maybe; a true expression of one's self, maybe -- we changed the sequencing of the album we'd just completed, and then we changed the album title."

http://www.westword.com/music/is-jo...ana-or-is-it-a-big-myth-understanding-5692472

Too long, didn't read.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator