What if Mac wins the East again next year?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Then there would be a lot of really angry Gator fans on this board.

Infamous pumper hyperbole. Not one single person(Gator fan) on here would be angry if we won the SEC. Dude, you are giving pumpers a bad name. Cut the crap.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Whats funny is some of you guys think gator fans are the only fanbase that would be unhappy with how things are going. I got news for you guys. We're no different than any other fans of football programs with high expectations. But keep telling yourself whatever you want if it makes you feel better.

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Please dont win......Please dont win......Please dont win.......

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The biggest issue we have is a quarterback. We haven't had one since Tebow. Get one, and everything else will be fine. We really need Franks to be the real deal.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I don't think winning the East add to Macs longevity.
I do think winning the East is better than not winning the east.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Mac won't win the East next year. His defensive recruiting and offensive staff will do us in. 7-5 or 6-6. Trask or Franks aren't talented enough to save him.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I predict Mac will keep his job if we win the East again. Even if we lose 4 games again. Go ahead, I know several of you will dislike my post, but deep inside, you know it's true.
Of course he would keep his job. If he does that it means he's developed an offense because he's not going to be able to rely soly on the defense next year. It would be an incredible job and lend some credence to the 3 star whisperer theory of pumpers.

However, I expect another 115th ranked offense, a mediocre defense with guys who are under-sized even at DE being forced to play nose tackle, and a 4 to 6 win season. Past performance is the best predictor of future performance.

Last edited:

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
I wouldnt mind so much if our offense was getting alot better and we lost some close games. It would really suck if our offense isnt any better and good teams blow us out again.
This is my biggest problem with him. The blowouts. It would be one thing if we were loosing games in the 4th after depth, talent, and experience win out, but we aren't competitive after half in his losses. If we were loosing close games to better teams and showing progress on the field and off I would be patient with him.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
7 home games, 3 on the road vs Missou, UK and South Carolina, and the neutral site games with Michigan and leghumper U.

It's a very manageable schedule , and none of the road games jump out as daunting places to play.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It would really suck if our offense isnt any better and good teams blow us out again.
This. Its not just numerous losses and inability to beat ranked teams, its having mored damned blowouts than Chimp, CUM, Zookee, and SOS combined that is telling.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I know the questions was if he loses....Well, he better win the dang thing. Irregardless if he wins the east or not I still have a bad feeling that he survives to be here in the 2018 season. If he turns it around, great. But I really think that Stricklin will let him have the 2018 season.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
The home schedule favors us.
We've lost some starters on defense but their backups have played well. And we've got an upgrade at DC so don't count the defense out quite yet. However offensively we have know idea if we will be offensive again.
Worst case: If Frask doesn't work out then we will be no better than this year. Difference might be a win against UT at home and a loss to UGA. UGA will be in the driver's seat for the East.
Best case: However IF, and it's a big IF, Frask is the answer, then I believe we will see a much more productive offense. Maybe enough to beat F$U in the Swamp. But we don't have the depth to compete past the regular season.

However even with all 5* Jessie and Joes don't discount this staffs ability to go full Arky once a year.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
What happens then...same results and losses. Wow what a pickle we would be in.

Setting down the O&B glasses for moment, I think SEC West and the rest of the nation would be stifling giggles that Mac is top in the SEC East. I think the rest of the SEC East teams would be livid, many of them looking to fire their recently hired coaches.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Whats funny is some of you guys think gator fans are the only fanbase that would be unhappy with how things are going. I got news for you guys. We're no different than any other fans of football programs with high expectations. But keep telling yourself whatever you want if it makes you feel better.

I agree. I understand OSU fans are very angry about getting to the championship and getting beat by a very good team. Would some here be angry if we had done that? I am sure some would.

Now I see improvement in process, and play which has not resulted in more wins. I saw a great example at the LSU game where our players could have laid down but did not. At the bowl the same with so many injured. There is light, not as much as I would desire but it is there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb