What if Treon...

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
EuroGator;n90054 said:
I'm not sure he should - not that he's better at it, but he is (as evidenced by this board's thoughts) ultimately responsible for it. However, when I say that it probably means less to me than to others as I'm not confident that he's as involved as others think he is. I think he makes the final decision (after hearing contributions from the staff) about QB playing time and when to try to go for it or run out the clock before half. ...that kind of thing. I'm sure he is the leading influencer in the overall game plan, but I don't think he's telling Roper not to call a deep ball (we've seen a ton of those - just thrown by the wrong arm) or to call a QB run.

In the end, he's accountable for it and should be involved.

Roper said the decision on a QB switch would be Muschamp's. WM himself has repeatedly said that he wasn't going to change who we were, and continued his "downhill running" mantra. We're on our 3rd OC, and little has ultimately changed. It's on Will Muschamp. He's still convinced that his system will work, which is why we still look the way we do.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
EuroGator;n90059 said:
For the record, I think we'll play better with Treon than with Driskel.
Damn, you've got more balls than I do, going out on a limb like this.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Jeff Driskel hasn't scored a td vs. Ugly and rarely scores more than 1 vs. any other team. He's good for 3-6 turnovers in any big game.

How bad can it be?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Law98gator;n90079 said:
Jeff Driskel hasn't scored a td vs. Ugly and rarely scores more than 1 vs. any other team. He's good for 3-6 turnovers in any big game.

How bad can it be?

No ****! I can't imagine Treon playing any worse....or any other QB on the roster!!

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
EuroGator;n89868 said:
What if Treon plays very poorly in Jax and as the season progresses? I wonder how Gator fans, and this board in particular, will view it.

What say you?
cue dubster in 3, 2, 1...

it's foley's fault!

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n90065 said:
Roper said the decision on a QB switch would be Muschamp's. WM himself has repeatedly said that he wasn't going to change who we were, and continued his "downhill running" mantra. We're on our 3rd OC, and little has ultimately changed. It's on Will Muschamp. He's still convinced that his system will work, which is why we still look the way we do.

If my pronoun usage was unclear, I meant that Muschamp decides who the QB is - at least who the starter is and the game plan for involving the other. In some of the games, the running attack was our strongest element and it worked well. I also think that we've called more deep balls this year, as I said, but Jeff and his receivers haven't connected. I look forward to seeing Harris + WRs do better. I do think it's ultimately on Muschamp and that's why he needed to be somewhat involved in it. I was replying to this
jmskjrgator;n90031 said:
I really don't think WM has fully given the offense over to Roper.

and this

soflagator;n90039 said:
Of course he hasn't. Nor will he. That was never part of the plan

I doubt many HC's are completely hands off when it comes to one side of the ball.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n90066 said:
Damn, you've got more balls than I do, going out on a limb like this.

:proud:

I just wanted to be clear since I started a thread that could be seen as negative toward Treon.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;89894 said:
Quite obviously it will be Muschamp and Driskel's fault. No matter what it is.
Look Muschamp. Maybe you should stop reading our boards and get to preparing the team.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
EuroGator;n89868 said:
What if Treon plays very poorly in Jax and as the season progresses? I wonder how Gator fans, and this board in particular, will view it.

Will it be seen as Treon not being good enough or needing time to develop? Will it be seen as Muschamp's fault? ...or Driskel's? :hehehe: Will people blame Roper? ...the receivers? ...the protection?

I know some of this may be answered by how it happened, if it were to happen. Still, if he's got more INT's that TD's, I'm curious how Gator Nation will respond.

What say you?

I'll blame you.

I expect a clusterf88k of epic proportions. What reasoning is there to expect this team to perform any better than they did last week? The blame still, and for years to come, lies on Muschamp.

And how we react will depend on how fast Muschamp is fired the next day.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If we don't have a serviceable qb after 4 years then who do you blame other than Muschamp?

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n89894 said:

Time to let it go Bro. Your Coach, your QB...they are sh¡t. 8-4 right?

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Treon will be better than what we have now. He'll make some mistakes (hopefully not) but that's going to happen. There is no reason that he cannot be successful. I am not all on this a freshman cannot/nor gives a team the best chance to win. That's on WM for many reasons and mostly his poor evaluation of offensive talent. I expect TH do be just fine. If not I can deal with it. But I truly feel that WM making the switch now is that he knows his Goose is cooked and he's done.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n89894 said:
So, exactly what is your relationship to Chimp and what is it that you "coach"?

MatthewM.

Founding Member
Chief Queef
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We ain't winning anymore tough games this year with Treon or Jeff so it don't matter. We are on to next year.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Treon is going to make us all forget who Jeff Driskel is. On Saturday Nov 1st, Gator Nation beholds a new era for Gator Football. After that, coaches from across the country will be making Jeremy Foley's phone ring off the hook seeking employment and an opportunity to coach the greatest QB this country has ever witnessed.
:headbang:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n89894 said:
I've officially become convinced you've lost your mind. If our fans filing out in the 3rd quarter of our Homecoming game won't sway you, then nothing will.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
NavetG8r;n90341 said:
Treon is going to make us all forget who Jeff Driskel is. On Saturday Nov 1st, Gator Nation beholds a new era for Gator Football. After that, coaches from across the country will be making Jeremy Foley's phone ring off the hook seeking employment and an opportunity to coach the greatest QB this country has ever witnessed.
:headbang:

I'm afraid the first part of your prediction will render the second part of it moot. If TH plays great and we win 4 of the next 5, we may very well be looking at this orangutan walking the sidelines again next year. That's the dilemma.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n90345 said:
I'm afraid the first part of your prediction will render the second part of it moot. If TH plays great and we win 4 of the next 5, we may very well be looking at this orangutan walking the sidelines again next year. That's the dilemma.

Muschamp has already been fired according to "sources", so we don't have to worry about that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator