What if Treon...

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
NavetG8r;n90346 said:
Muschamp has already been fired according to "sources", so we don't have to worry about that.

That's why I wish it could be made public. Some think it would be a negative, but I can assure you that the game in Jax, as well as the remaining games would not only have solid attendance, but would also have a fanbase that could actually support the team and know that things are looking up. I told someone yesterday that if we found a way to beat uga, the bittersweet feeling would be awful, and I'm supremely confident that bulldog fans would let us know the entire time. Pulling the plug would've allowed us to completely support the players. One of them said in his post game interview last week that "one minute the fans love us, the next minute they hate us". The reality is they don't know or understand that we simply want better coaches for them. The booing and mass exodus gets misconstrued as not supporting, or even hating, the players. That sucks.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n90351 said:
That's why I wish it could be made public. Some think it would be a negative, but I can assure you that the game in Jax, as well as the remaining games would not only have solid attendance, but would also have a fanbase that could actually support the team and know that things are looking up. I told someone yesterday that if we found a way to beat uga, the bittersweet feeling would be awful, and I'm supremely confident that bulldog fans would let us know the entire time. Pulling the plug would've allowed us to completely support the players. One of them said in his post game interview last week that "one minute the fans love us, the next minute they hate us". The reality is they don't know or understand that we simply want better coaches for them. The booing and mass exodus gets misconstrued as not supporting, or even hating, the players. That sucks.
Exactly. Gator fans have been painted into an awful corner. We've been put in a situation we shouldn't be in.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I gotta believe it will be announced after we lose to UGA.

MatthewM.

Founding Member
Chief Queef
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm pretty sure Georgia is going to beat us in the neighborhood of 35-0

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
MatthewM.;n90378 said:
I'm pretty sure Georgia is going to beat us in the neighborhood of 35-0

There is a difference between quitting on your coaches against Mizzou, and quitting on your personal pride against a rival. Out of sheer pride, I think the effort will be there. Their biggest win since '97 is 11 points. Even last year we had them on the ropes. I expect it to be fairly close either way.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n90381 said:
There is a difference between quitting on your coaches against Mizzou, and quitting on your personal pride against a rival. Out of sheer pride, I think the effort will be there. Their biggest win since '97 is 11 points. Even last year we had them on the ropes. I expect it to be fairly close either way.

It should be as long as Gurley isn't running on us at will. That LSU game scared me a little how they ran it with us knowing it was coming.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Gator Fever;n90395 said:
It should be as long as Gurley isn't running on us at will. That LSU game scared me a little how they ran it with us knowing it was coming.

Even that game is not uga. So many story lines, so many HS teammates, so many were heavily recruited by both sides and thus know people there. I don't see them rolling over. Hope I'm right, as I'm leaning towards going.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n90421 said:
Hope I'm right, as I'm leaning towards going.
Don't do that to yourself. I guess I see your point about "pride" and all, but these are not normal circumstances. Had Muschamp been dismissed on Monday I would completely agree with you, but this team is as mentally beaten down as any I've ever seen. They know they are playing for a fired coach, how do you get up for that?

Unfortunately, I think the first half will be relatively close, but it will snowball in the second half....and not in our favor.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Once a team quits on a coach, I've never seen them recover.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
oxrageous;n90427 said:
Don't do that to yourself. I guess I see your point about "pride" and all, but these are not normal circumstances. Had Muschamp been dismissed on Monday I would completely agree with you, but this team is as mentally beaten down as any I've ever seen. They know they are playing for a fired coach, how do you get up for that?

Unfortunately, I think the first half will be relatively close, but it will snowball in the second half....and not in our favor.

Too many plans, and people that I have tradition with. No interest in even going because, as I said, even a win will feel bittersweet. Plus I have tix to sell and won't get anything online at this point.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Law98gator;n90432 said:
Once a team quits on a coach, I've never seen them recover.

I'd disagree. That 2004 team had clearly quit on Zook. And they were a TD from winning out, including a major upset in Tally. As I said, I'd feel a lot better if the announcement had been made already and the kids could kind of rally around themselves, but this is what we have.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Yes this is where those of us who think muschamp should be fired now have our reasoning. We believe that with muschamp gone this team may fight for itself. Fight for pride. But as long as muschamp is still there I expect the team to play like they did against Missouri.
Sad but true. And this is what pisses us off about Foley- get the hell rid of muschamp so this team can band together.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
threatmatrix;n90267 said:
I'll blame you.

:yes:

threatmatrix;n90267 said:
I expect a clusterf88k of epic proportions. What reasoning is there to expect this team to perform any better than they did last week?

I hope and even expect the team to perform better than they did last week. There are several reasonns.
1. Players matter - none of these guys were scrubs with low expectations coming to UF. If they want to be winners, they can be. Each player has to win his battle and play well for that to happen. Beyond coaching and even play-calling, ultimately the players play the game.
2. Player pride - don't they want to win? I hope so and I hope they demand of themselves improvement.
3. History - while we have performed more poorly than we should recently, I've never seen a performance (esp by special teams and the offense) as bad as the Mizu game. I expect that I'll never see that again. Ever.
4. :stars::pumper::stars:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
EuroGator;n90623 said:
History - while we have performed more poorly than we should recently, I've never seen a performance (esp by special teams and the offense) as bad as the Mizu game. I expect that I'll never see that again.
You need to rewind and watch Vandy and Southern Jorga from last year, Ugly and Looovul from 2012, and all of 2011.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
EuroGator;n90623 said:

I hope and even expect the team to perform better than they did last week. There are several reasonns.
1. Players matter - none of these guys were scrubs with low expectations coming to UF. If they want to be winners, they can be. Each player has to win his battle and play well for that to happen. Beyond coaching and even play-calling, ultimately the players play the game.
2. Player pride - don't they want to win? I hope so and I hope they demand of themselves improvement.
3. History - while we have performed more poorly than we should recently, I've never seen a performance (esp by special teams and the offense) as bad as the Mizu game. I expect that I'll never see that again. Ever.
Pollyanna: a person characterized by irrepressible optimism and a tendency to find good in everything

1 and 2 could be said about every game, why would next week be any different? As for #3 with Muschamp at the helm we experience new lows each and every week.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
bradgator2;n89985 said:
I believe Treon is a gamer and a winner. My fear is... will they actually let him play. Or are they going to go with a SUPER conservative playbook that basically sets him up to fail.
Good chance.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
EuroGator;n90623 said:

I expect a winning effort every week. But ............ :deadhorse:

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n90319 said:
So, exactly what is your relationship to Chimp and what is it that you "coach"?
That's a good question. I hear Law is a lawyer and Euro lives in Europe and that Commodore Big Foot is really a big man, so what is it that you coach, Coach?

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
G8RNGA;n90358 said:
I gotta believe it will be announced after we lose to UGA.

Don't count on wisdom coming from FOOLey.:beating:

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
There's no telling when it will be announced. At that point you're in Nov. and with one month of the season left. Work has to be done especially with recruiting. Foley has a dumpster fire of a frat house porportion. Better get it done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator