What If UFC Champion, Ronda Rousey, Challenged You to a Fight

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
She's a bad ass girl. She's talking trash. Ronda Rousey believes she could beat 100% of the male fighters in her weight class.

Imagine this. What if Ronda walked up to you in front of your friends and family and said "I don't like your looks. I think I'll kick your ass".

What would your do? We're all male and have egos. What a nightmare that would be. Could you ever live down gettin' wupped by a girl? LOL

Ronda talking smack
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...n_6816204.html

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You'd be a pretty small guy if you were in her weight class. She's about the same weight as Manny Pacquiao. He would destroy her in about 15 seconds.

Let's not get crazy…

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
I don't fight anybody especially girls. I read that she would never fight (professionally) against a male because of the bad things that it would entail. Males hitting females being my take on the bad things. So I bet she would not be doing this.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
VulcanAlex;191765 said:
I don't fight anybody especially girls. I read that she would never fight (professionally) against a male because of the bad things that it would entail. Males hitting females being my take on the bad things. So I bet she would not be doing this.

No man worth his weight in salt is going to get in the ring with a woman. Nothing to gain and everything to lose.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Next you guys are going to tell me that Griner could play in the NBA. And Mia Hamm could play for Real Madrid. And Jennie Finch could've played for the Yankees...

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n191770 said:
No man worth his weight in salt is going to get in the ring with a woman. Nothing to gain and everything to lose.

While I agree somehow I remember it happening a long time ago in Tennis. And for enough money someone would.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, but it's like being challenged by a professional female tennis player or golfer. She would wax the average guy on the street who just ain't got her game. I'm afraid the average 160 pound guy would go down in flames against a top UFC female of the same weight. That being said some of these radical feminists don't understand humans (hominids) are large Primates where the male is always bigger, stronger and more aggressive than the female. You can't reverse biological evolution to be politically correct.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
UFC is not real fighting. It is sport fighting. Her chance of success against me diminishes drastically in a real fight precisely because of her gender. Also, in a real fight there are no rules. Rousey doesn't scare me in a real fight. In a ring fight she'd pin me rather quickly. I am a complementarian, so hitting a woman is out of the question unless I have no other choice whatsoever.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
VulcanAlex;n191776 said:
While I agree somehow I remember it happening a long time ago in Tennis. And for enough money someone would.

Riggs was 26 years older than King.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
If any Joe Schmoe thinks they'd have a shot at taking her out they are dreaming. You may land some shots but she'd throw you so fast you wouldn't know what hit you. Remember she is also an expert at Judo.

Also for those who say it's not real these are martial arts experts and generally know 2 to 4 different styles. haven't you seen stories of ufc fighters beating the crap out of burglars or idiots who decided to fight them?

I've been doing martial arts for over 12 years and there's no way I'd fight her.

But there's no way she'd beat 100% of the 135 pound male fighters. The top 135 males would KO her. If it was a strict grappling match she'd have a shot.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I ain't gonna lie, I'd run. She's mean lookin!:run:

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Hey, I would engage Ronda in hand to hand to hand combat if we could do some good old fashioned hillbilly Ellie Mae Clampette body to body "wraslin"all over haystack in the barn.

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
First and foremost, the hypothetical concept of any UFC fighter walking up to a civilian and demanding a fight without provocation is ridiculous.

Secondly, she's a woman and it would be cowardly to try to attempt to strike her. So, there's that.

And finally, Ronda is a WORLD CLASS, Olympic level Judo practitioner and has over a decade of experience in that discipline. Let that marinate for a minute.

Anyone civilian that even believes that they would have an advantage just because they're a male would be in for a rude awakening. This is a woman that probably only trains with men at this point. Your arm would be broken before you even knew what happened. Anyone that has that level of expertise and training (man or woman) can be devastatingly lethal against a person without a similar level of training. Rousey is incredibly gifted at using your own body weight and balance against you.

All bravado and ego aside, it's best to walk away If you're not highly trained, man or woman.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I would beat her ass like a man

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
heversle;n191821 said:
First and foremost, the hypothetical concept of any UFC fighter walking up to a civilian and demanding a fight without provocation is ridiculous.

Secondly, she's a woman and it would be cowardly to try to attempt to strike her. So, there's that.

And finally, Ronda is a WORLD CLASS, Olympic level Judo practitioner and has over a decade of experience in that discipline. Let that marinate for a minute.

Anyone civilian that even believes that they would have an advantage just because they're a male would be in for a rude awakening. This is a woman that probably only trains with men at this point. Your arm would be broken before you even knew what happened. Anyonethat has that level of expertise and training (man or woman) can be devastatingly lethal against a person without a similar level of training. Rousey is incredibly gifted at using your own body weight and balance against you.

All bravado and ego aside, it's best to walk away If you're not highly trained, man or woman.

Wait a minute. Wait a minute now. You're taking this martial arts thing to mythological heights. This small female is going to take on some dude like Gronk and break his arm before he knew what was happening.

Come on, Man.................

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Gronks arm would be easier to break since its been broken like 3 times. York I hope you're joking. Believe it or not a big dude like Gronk ain't that hard to get on the ground for a judo practitioner like Rousey. Even if she weighs 120 pounds less.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin, men fighting women is nothing new. I'm sure you remember that wrestling icon, the Inter-Gender Champion of the World Andy Kaufman. Kaufman maintained a standing offer of $1000 to any woman who could beat him.

Here's the best part....and I'm guessing you were sitting in the front row......

.from Wiki....Later, after a challenge from professional wrestler Jerry "The King" Lawler, Kaufman would step into the ring (in the Memphis wrestling circuit) with a man—Lawler himself.[SUP][7][/SUP]Kaufman taunted the whole city of Memphis, sending "videos showing residents how to use soap" and proclaiming it to be "the nation's redneck capital."

You can't make this kind of stuff up.
:lmao:

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
MidwestChomp;n191829 said:
Gronks arm would be easier to break since its been broken like 3 times. York I hope you're joking. Believe it or not a big dude like Gronk ain't that hard to get on the ground for a judo practitioner like Rousey. Even if she weighs 120 pounds less.

Yeah. :). I forgot Gronk has been injury prone most his career which brings up how amazing he made through the whole year all the way to the Super Bowl with no issues.

I'll admit I'm not expert on marital arts and I've read judo is using leverage against an opponent but you can throw the martial arts manual away when it comes down to street fighting. Remember, even the great Bruce Lee in his later years carried a concealed weapon for protection. I think the Martial Arts community gets a little too carried away with the myth of their invincibility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator