What If UFC Champion, Ronda Rousey, Challenged You to a Fight

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Even Lee admitted he wouldn't fight a judo expert. Ground grapplers are tough to beat and since aspects most fights end up on the ground good luck. But I'm talking in a strict hand to hand situation. Now if you'd say Rousey vs Hernandez I'd give the nod to Hernandez cuz he'd just shoot her in the face.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
crosscreekcooter;n191831 said:
Alvin, men fighting women is nothing new. I'm sure you remember that wrestling icon, the Inter-Gender Champion of the World Andy Kaufman. Kaufman maintained a standing offer of $1000 to any woman who could beat him.

Here's the best part....and I'm guessing you were sitting in the front row......

.from Wiki....Later, after a challenge from professional wrestler Jerry "The King" Lawler, Kaufman would step into the ring (in the Memphis wrestling circuit) with a man—Lawler himself.[SUP][7][/SUP]Kaufman taunted the whole city of Memphis, sending "videos showing residents how to use soap" and proclaiming it to be "the nation's redneck capital."

You can't make this kind of stuff up.
:lmao:

Dude, I downloaded those "I'm from Hollywood" and other Andy Kaufman/Jerry Lawler youtube videos years ago. Absolutely Hilarious. Andy Kaufman roasted Memphis rednecks over the coals. I laughed so hard the first time I saw that Memphis "wraslin" and Kaufman ball breaking I almost cried. I think his title was something like World Intergender Champion Wrestler. :)

Check it out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kB0hLuDdbD0

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
She may have a little reach on him but I think Ray Rice is ready for a challenge after that round 1 KO in his first matchup versus a woman

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n191839 said:
She may have a little reach on him but I think Ray Rice is ready for a challenge after that round 1 KO in his first matchup versus a woman
Where the hell you been Finkle

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
You would definitely need to have some training on how to stay out of arm bars etc. but any male UFC fighter that is decent at all would beat her pretty easy I would think. I think any guy that wrestled some that got some decent defense training would be able to beat her.

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin York;n191833 said:
Yeah. :). I forgot Gronk has been injury prone most his career which brings up how amazing he made through the whole year all the way to the Super Bowl with no issues.

I'll admit I'm not expert on marital arts and I've read judo is using leverage against an opponent but you can throw the martial arts manual away when it comes down to street fighting. Remember, even the great Bruce Lee in his later years carried a concealed weapon for protection. I think the Martial Arts community gets a little too carried away with the myth of their invincibility.

You sound like a guy who hasn't been in a street fight before. Generally speaking, there is quite a bit of flailing and most dudes have awful form when throwing punches. Every once and a while, a dude throws a solid punch and ends up knocking out his opponent. You can't seriously believe that you think some dude would have an advantage over someone like Rousey just because he's a dude.

At the 1:19 mark, look how easily she tosses this guy. They're clearly just training, but these dudes know what they're doing and they're trying not to get taken down. It's fair to say that the average Joe would not fair well against someone like her. She does this for a living; She's COMFORTABLE fighting an opponent. You, however, are not. Why don't you try challenging her and update us on how it went from your hospital bed, Alvin?

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
heversle;n191852 said:
You sound like a guy who hasn't been in a street fight before. Generally speaking, there is quite a bit of flailing and most dudes have awful form when throwing punches. Every once and a while, a dude throws a solid punch and ends up knocking out his opponent. You can't seriously believe that you think some dude would have an advantage over someone like Rousey just because he's a dude.

At the 1:19 mark, look how easily she tosses this guy. They're clearly just training, but these dudes know what they're doing and they're trying not to get taken down. It's fair to say that the average Joe would not fair well against someone like her. She does this for a living; She's COMFORTABLE fighting an opponent. You, however, are not. Why don't you try it challenging her and update us on how it went from your hospital bed, Alvin?

OK.

First let me throw in some kudos for the ladies. In the Old West you could challenge the most famous frontier heroes and the greatest outlaw gunslingers to out shoot Annie Oakley. They would all go down in flames to the little lady with the Eagle Eye. As we speak their are women snipers and soldiers fighting bravely and effectively with the Kurdish Peshmerga against the genocidal forces of ISIS. I salute them. I admire them.

That being said let's get back to the subject. No matter how skilled a small woman is in martial arts happens to be there's little she could do should an athletic extremely strong 6'5" man move quickly toward her, grab her by the hair and arm and throw her against a wall. You can train and study but you cannot overcome millions of years of primate evolution. You Martial Arts worshipers remind me of these out of control Pit Bull handlers that train and fight these dogs getting lost in their very formidable strength, gameness and fighting abilities. They actually believe a top of the line 50 pound killer Pit Bull can defeat a 35 pound wolverine. Mother Nature and evolution has mandated that wolverine will kill that Pitt Bull no matter how well it's bred and trained.

I'll say it again. You can't overcome biology and evolution.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
If she challenged me to a fight, I'd just buy her a beer and make peace. I don't like getting punched.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n191907 said:
If she challenged me to a fight, I'd just buy her a beer and make peace. I don't like getting punched.

I don't either. It hurts.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Has she ever even knocked another woman out? I don't think so. You rarely she these women knock each other out. They just don't have the strength to jolt a human head hard enough to KO them. You don't even see it much when the flyweight and batam weight male boxers fight. It happens, but it's rare.

So at best she's going to try to get me on the ground and twist me up like a pretzel. And I'm not sure I wouldn't mind that while it's happening.

But I've got about 50 lbs. of muscle on her and I'm a lot stronger 💪 and I don't think she can overcome that in a real fight.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Rousey isn't a KO fighter just like a lot of men aren't knockout fighters. She gets her opponents in the clinch, tosses them, and slaps an arm bar on them. Fight over. Her judo is unreal and if you're dumb enough to get close to her she'd toss you like a rag doll. Just because you outweigh her or have more muscle means nothing. Bull rush her or try to grab her and its over. If you have no idea how to land or fall from a judo throw you'd be hurting. Also remember she fights at 135 but probably cuts 15 pounds or so. Again I am speaking about any Joe Schmoe on the street.

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
Anyone on this board who thinks they have ANY shot at beating Rousey has smoked a HUGE bowl of Gainesville Green. Puff, puff, pass, pass mofos!

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n191929 said:
Has she ever even knocked another woman out? I don't think so. You rarely she these women knock each other out. They just don't have the strength to jolt a human head hard enough to KO them. You don't even see it much when the flyweight and batam weight male boxers fight. It happens, but it's rare.

So at best she's going to try to get me on the ground and twist me up like a pretzel. And I'm not sure I wouldn't mind that while it's happening.

But I've got about 50 lbs. of muscle on her and I'm a lot stronger 💪 and I don't think she can overcome that in a real fight.
I got to agree with tag. I'd never admit a woman could kick my ass either

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
KC speaks the truth.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
MidwestChomp;n191967 said:
Rousey isn't a KO fighter just like a lot of men aren't knockout fighters. She gets her opponents in the clinch, tosses them, and slaps an arm bar on them. Fight over. Her judo is unreal and if you're dumb enough to get close to her she'd toss you like a rag doll. Just because you outweigh her or have more muscle means nothing. Bull rush her or try to grab her and its over. If you have no idea how to land or fall from a judo throw you'd be hurting. Also remember she fights at 135 but probably cuts 15 pounds or so. Again I am speaking about any Joe Schmoe on the street.
There's a reason they put fighters in weight classes. Because weight and strength means something. There's a difference in throwing someone who's 140 pounds and someone who's 200 lbs. If you don't think so you don't know what you're talking about.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'd just like to have a front row seat to watch the volunteers get embarrassed.

:dubster:

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
She's a professional fighter. She's welcome to try me.

Afterwards, my lawyer will take every dollar she's ever made, or ever will make.

She's not that stupid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.