What is it about TENNESSEE?

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Sometimes I get the feeling the Gators fans inordinately relish beating the University of Tennessee. No, you don't get just off defeating the Volunteers you live for push our faces in the sand.

What's the origin of this vitriolic ardor? Florida and Tennessee are not even contiguous states. We are far from traditional rivals like Noles and Dawgs. Yet the prospect of Tennessee achieving old parity and winning this year in Neyland strikes terror and extreme hostility in he heart of the average Florida fan. If Muschamp blows this game in Neyland he's a dead man walking. You know it. I know it.

Are you envious of our rich storied exploits and famous individuals honeycombed throughout American history? You have no Elvis, Fed Ex, Alvin York, Al Gore, Beale Street, Andy Jackson, Andrew Johnson, Grand Ole Opry, Lookout Mountain, Peyton Manning, Great Smokey Mountains, Junior n Lulu - the list is endless? Perhaps you are jealous of our legendary metropolitan centers of culture like Memphis, Knoxville, Chattanooga and Nashville?

You retort with hillbillies and incest. There are no hillbillies in Memphis or West Tennessee. We're over 100 miles closer to St. Louis than Knoxville. Nashville and middle Tennessee are hybrids of West and East Tennessee. No real hillbillies there. I've got some historical revelations for you, Incest went out with the Egyptian Pharaohs. Dental health and hygiene is better in east Tenseness than the panhandle of Florida.

So what is it about Tennessee? I prefer scholarly theories to your old school UT insults and ball breaking. Try to keep this discussion at a higher plane.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, we love beating Tennessee's ass. But it's become so commonplace that quite frankly, it feels a little redundant. But the Tennessee rivalry will never be on the same level as Georgia or FSU IMO.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Lol sorry Alvin gator fans don't care about the Tennessee game anymore. Hell even if we lose wich I don't think is gonna happen I don't think it would be as painful to gator fans as you think.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The better question is "who do we have a more likely chance to lose against? Tenucee or Kinsucky?"

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n30852 said:
The better question is "who do we have a more likely chance to lose against? Tenucee or Kinsucky?"

Tennessee will be decent again. Eventually south Carolina and Vanderbilt will drop back down. Kentucky will always suck.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Tennessee would recover faster by dropping football for a couple of years and starting from scratch. Fulmer is just the man for the job. Must fire Spanky Hart also. I am dead serious. I am sick of Tennessee being the dregs of the SEC. It is no fun beating a weakling.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n30851 said:
Lol sorry Alvin gator fans don't care about the Tennessee game anymore. Hell even if we lose wich I don't think is gonna happen I don't think it would be as painful to gator fans as you think.

I suspect you will care if you leave Neyland to the sights and sounds of raving jeering UT fans drunk on victory and White Lightning to the grating incessant refrains of "Rocky Top" blaring in your ears. The UT fans including Junior n Lulu will be most obnoxious irritating winning fans from hell from your worst nightmare.

May Allah have mercy on you if we win.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
plunger431x300.jpg

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I grew up in the years when UT and UF were duking it out year after year. So them and the Tallahassee Turds are the games I get up for the most. Throw in the fact that one of my friends attends UT and it gets to be a lot of fun. I don't see the puppies as a huge rival. I don't know why, but I just don't. I get up for the game, but not as much as I do for UT, FSU, USCe, or LSU.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You start the majority of Tennessee threads so what is your deal? But to answer your question, UT and the fans do things that are really stupid, so it's fun to laugh at them.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
The question is, why do you continue to show up on this and other Gator sights? Some people enjoy being kicked in the head and you seem to be the leader of their group. Oh, Tennessee sucks!

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What is it about Tennessee? How can I put this?...They suck.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Dork, you need some new material. The "what if" concept is going on 10 years old.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n30905 said:
Dork, you need some new material. The "what if" concept is going on 10 years old.

Winning is the only "new Material" I need to right the Volunteer ship and to enter the GCMB with an Albanian swagger walk that will melt the jort population around the globe. Do you really want to unleash a victorious Alvin on your world?

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What it "it"? Generations of inbreeding. It's really that simple. ....and you need a new "schtick", this one is too old & you're losing what little entertainment value you've ever had.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
I can't speak for anyone else but UT and Vandy were at the bottom of getting UF on probation. Since then I want us to defeat UT in every sport every time. Living in Tennessee I personally have some issues with some UT fans, beating them soundly allows me to be polite and just mention how many in a row we have won. At one time I would hold up one hand to indicate 5 straight victories, now I don't even have to bother, all UT fans understand their position. Now 40K of them came out to see a practice, I suspect that they will once again be disappointed with results. I feel a little bad about it but only very little and for about a nano-second.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin York;n30907 said:
Winning is the only "new Material" I need to right the Volunteer ship and to enter the GCMB with an Albanian swagger walk that will melt the jort population around the globe. Do you really want to unleash a victorious Alvin on your world?
Can you even recall the last UT win over us? Did you go into convulsions?

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
VulcanAlex;n30913 said:
I can't speak for anyone else but UT and Vandy were at the bottom of getting UF on probation. Since then I want us to defeat UT in every sport every time. Living in Tennessee I personally have some issues with some UT fans, beating them soundly allows me to be polite and just mention how many in a row we have won. At one time I would hold up one hand to indicate 5 straight victories, now I don't even have to bother, all UT fans understand their position. Now 40K of them came out to see a practice, I suspect that they will once again be disappointed with results. I feel a little bad about it but only very little and for about a nano-second.

I was just saying to myself this morning after logging in, its about time for the Dork to put another dumbazz thread about the Viles on here.

Alex, you hit the nail on the head. Dork if he is so versed in UcheaT Lore should know that UT is at the heart of the hatred and what was done to UF in '84. So you can add Johnny Majors and Doug Dickey to that list. My hatred for Vols went to an uprecedented level after that. And I will never forget it. They can never be beaten enough and by enough points, ever!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.