What is Kirby selling to recruits?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Who made an excuse? You said we must be cheating too if dwags are. I was trying to bring some levity to some of you ledge sitters.
UGA has always recruited well, SOS used to make fun of it when he beat their azzes each year with his comment of
"why do they have the best players when the recruit and then whine after the game about not having players as good as ours"

Levity? You implied they're cheating. If they are, so are we.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Who made an excuse? You said we must be cheating too if dwags are. I was trying to bring some levity to some of you ledge sitters.
UGA has always recruited well, SOS used to make fun of it when he beat their azzes each year with his comment of
"why do they have the best players when the recruit and then whine after the game about not having players as good as ours"
:pe:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This whole bagman thing has become an epidemic!

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
[GIPHY="cheater"]https://media2.giphy.com/media/kIagrwoLKaLYc/giphy.gif[/GIPHY]

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Levity? You implied they're cheating. If they are, so are we.
I would be SOOOOOOOO embarrassed if we were cheating and getting these results.

It's a bit like Hal Mumme and Kintucky ending up on probation for giving a recruit (who went to Bammer) a UK jacket on his visit.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
^^^ Get it right, PB&J sandwiches with the crust cut off :mac:
hamsamich ...........
mama_cass_ham_sandwich.jpg

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
What's Kirby offering = Georgia peaches, juicy ones?

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
If he's smart he'd be selling that Butch is an idiot, Mac is not the same coach without Alabama players, he also can not recruit make hires or coach worth a lick, his offense has gotten worse than it was when Muschamp was there, Muschamp don't believe in offense which makes Mac look even worse because his offense has gotten worse, Missouri, UK, and Vandy are Missouri, UK, and Vandy and UGA is on the upswing with an elite Qb and a stable of rb's, and a top TE ready to break out in 2017.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
, Muschamp don't believe in offense which makes Mac look even worse because his offense has gotten worse.
That the funniest part.

Ole Butters does feel pressure, he applies pressure....

On our punter.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Kirby Smart was a great recruiter when he was at Alabama. He is tireless and relentless on the recruiting trail. His personality appeals to the type of player who would be interested in playing at the University of Georgia. He's the head coach of the flagship university in a big state with great high school football.

You have heard about which schools the top All-American recruits thought had the most annoying fan bases. Those same top recruits are now ranking Georgia number one on the list of schools which had the best recruiting program and which seemed to care the most about them.

College football recruiting has become super competitive. I know I'm not telling anyone anything new with that comment. In order to win the recruiting game you have to have everybody at your school on board from the coaches to the trainers to the equipment manager to the team doctor all the way down to the ticket manager and the maintenance crew. You have to have great facilities and alumni.You have to be as savvy as Donald Trump when it comes to doing social media. Recruits can sense when not all of the pieces of the puzzle are not fitting.

And you have to win in order to continue to get the top recruits. If Kirby Smart starts winning SEC championships then recruits are going to keep coming. If he starts going 8 and 4 then after a couple of years he is only going to get 8 and 4 recruits. Look at Ole Miss and Hugh Freeze. They have peaked. They tried, but didn't make it to the top. No more top 5 recruiting classes. The window of opportunity is a narrow one in this day and time.

Championships are being won or lost way before the players ever take the field.

Last edited:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Kirby Smart was a great recruiter when he was at Alabama. He is tireless and relentless on the recruiting trail. His personality appeals to the type of player who would be interested in playing at the University of Georgia. He's the head coach of the flagship university in a big state with great high school football.

You have heard about which schools the top All-American recruits thought had the most annoying fan bases. Those same top recruits are now ranking Georgia number one on the list of schools which had the best recruiting program and which seemed to care the most about them.

College football recruiting has become super competitive. I know I'm not telling anyone anything new with that comment. In order to win the recruiting game you have to have everybody at your school on board from the coaches to the trainers to the equipment manager to the team doctor all the way down to the ticket manager and the maintenance crew. You have to have great facilities and alumni.You have to be as savvy as Donald Trump when it comes to doing social media. Recruits can sense when not all of the pieces of the puzzle are not fitting.

And you have to win in order to continue to get the top recruits. If Kirby Smart starts winning SEC championships then recruits are going to keep coming. If he starts going 8 and 4 then after a couple of years he is only going to get 8 and 4 recruits. Look at Ole Miss and Hugh Freeze. They have peaked. They tried, but didn't make it to the top. No more top 5 recruiting classes. The window of opportunity is a narrow one in this day and time.

Championships are being won or lost way before the players ever take the field.

Great post. The problem I have is not only is Mac a sub par recruiter but he's average coach on the field. Some will point to the two SEC Easts. Fools gold. I think we might be the only ranked East team currently. Whoopie f ing do. I point to his 2-8 record vs ranked teams. He can't beat better talent or coaches. That's just him. I don't think some magic light is going to go off.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Being the main school in state, with lowly Ga Tech as your main rival for recruiting is a huge deal. Could You imagine if UF was the only school to go along with someone like UCF?
However, there's a way to combat this....winning. Winning negates all. IF you're top dog ala OSU/Bama you have a national footprint and can get pretty much anybody.
FYI: 'Lowly' GaTech beat UGA in the last game of the regular season.

Kyng

Founding Member
The Freak
Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2014
Founding Member
“Why is it that during recruiting season they sign all the great players, but when it comes time to play the game, we have all the great players? I don’t understand that. What happens to them?” - SS

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb