What is the most overrated movie of all time ...

Dec 10, 2014
and why is it the Dark Knight?

A chatterbox convo inspired this. My enlightened reasons:

1). The movie is a constant climax with the last climax being the worst one

2). Heath Ledger's brilliant Joker performance is wasted having no background on the Joker and how he became so twisted. Doesn't need to be a complete origin story, but need some tangible background.

3). The cell phone technology/NSA/Bush parallels were dumb, political and ludicrous

4). Batman's constant internal struggles about his role in Gotham were tiresome and contrived

5). Joker escaping from the jail was one of the dumbest scenes in movie history

6). Two face was absolutely wasted as a character in the movie and the series. What was the point? Why not just kill Dent instead of making a main villain appear for mere minutes?

7). Two face not blowing the joker away with the pistol while they were both in the hospital made absolutely no sense

8). The Batman needing to be the bad guy so Harvey Dent could remain a white knight was weak sauce and also made no sense.

9). The bad voice was distracting and unnecessary

Basically the entire movie was like every other Christopher Nolan movie since Memento. It was well shot and looked good with a terrible script that tries too hard. A movie that people fawn over to not go against the grain. The third one was about as bad. Name all the reasons you agree the movie was horrible that I haven't already pointed out.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Don't think you are going to get a good amount of people to agree with you.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Avatar... other than visuals that movie is basically these three movies... Little Big Man, Dances with Wolves and Pocahontas.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n189012 said:
Avatar... other than visuals that movie is basically these three movies... Little Big Man, Dances with Wolves and Pocahontas.

This I agree with.

Another overrated movie is Gone With the Wind.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Titanic, Slumdog Millionaire, Dirty Dancing, Forrest Gump for nomination.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
MidwestChomp;n189019 said:
Titanic, Slumdog Millionaire, Dirty Dancing, Forrest Gump for nomination.

I agree to all of those but Slumdog Millionare.. I really enjoyed it and thought it was really well made.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This thread is invalid. Two people already think Forest Gump was overrated? :headshake:

MidwestChomp

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Tom Hanks was solid, but I just didn't enjoy the movie as much as others.

MidwestChomp

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Almost forgot, and I risk having all the children of the world come at me with torches and pitchforks.

Frozen

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;n188995 said:
and why is it the Dark Knight?

A chatterbox convo inspired this. My enlightened reasons:

1). The movie is a constant climax with the last climax being the worst one

2). Heath Ledger's brilliant Joker performance is wasted having no background on the Joker and how he became so twisted. Doesn't need to be a complete origin story, but need some tangible background.

3). The cell phone technology/NSA/Bush parallels were dumb, political and ludicrous

4). Batman's constant internal struggles about his role in Gotham were tiresome and contrived

5). Joker escaping from the jail was one of the dumbest scenes in movie history

6). Two face was absolutely wasted as a character in the movie and the series. What was the point? Why not just kill Dent instead of making a main villain appear for mere minutes?

7). Two face not blowing the joker away with the pistol while they were both in the hospital made absolutely no sense

8). The Batman needing to be the bad guy so Harvey Dent could remain a white knight was weak sauce and also made no sense.

9). The bad voice was distracting and unnecessary

Basically the entire movie was like every other Christopher Nolan movie since Memento. It was well shot and looked good with a terrible script that tries too hard. A movie that people fawn over to not go against the grain. The third one was about as bad. Name all the reasons you agree the movie was horrible that I haven't already pointed out.

...and, this is bad?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Obviously the OP doesn't understand Dark Knight as a film or the Batman characters/villains as a whole.

As far as the thread topic is concerned, they don't get much more overrated by fans than American Sniper.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Haven't seen American Sniper. I hope it's not that bad. The Dark Knight was awesome. Forest Gump was as well.

And yes Avatar sucked ballz. Couldn't even get half way through that garbage.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Avatar was visually stunning and basically kickstarted the IMAX/3D craze, but as a movie, it was terribly mediocre.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Forrest Gump was great. Not the kind of movie you want to see over and over, but great.

Titanic and Avatar come to mind as terribly overrated.

Alex.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I never understood the fascination with avatar myself. Another overrated movie, twilight. I just don't see the appeal in that either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb