What is the most overrated movie of all time ...

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
MidwestChomp;n189399 said:
I'm OK. Thanks for the concern.

Also, as much as I enjoyed the Lord of the Rings series, I thought Return of the King was not the best one in the trilogy.

And I'm with T. I saw the Twilight series with my wife. Horrible movies, but I don't think the anyone but 12 year old girls thought those movies were good.

Lucky for us fathers of 12 year old girls we get to "enjoy" all of the twilight and hunger games garbage....

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MidwestChomp;n189040 said:
Almost forgot, and I risk having all the children of the world come at me with torches and pitchforks.

Frozen

Thankfully my boy does not like Frozen (and he likes a lot of movies); it's too girly for him apparently.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
GatorBart;n189532 said:
Thankfully my boy does not like Frozen (and he likes a lot of movies); it's too girly for him apparently.

I envy you.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
TheDouglas78;n189377 said:
Says the expert... but when I first attempted to watch Avatar I fell asleep twice during that long a$$ movie.

I watched in on IMAX, with some visual enhancement chemicals.....made it a little more enjoyable visually, but there wasn't much substance to the film itself. There was A LOT there, but not much there.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Leroy Jenkins;n189322 said:
I meant that she agreed with you. Chump.

You seem very angry lately. Do you need someone to talk to?

MidwestChomp

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
NavetG8r;n189840 said:
I liked it.:dunno:
I know many adults who liked it. I have a coworker who hates Disney movies yet enjoyed Frozen.

Dec 10, 2014
WobbleGator;n190031 said:
What do you expect from a guy who likes black bean burgers?

:lol:

While that was funny, black bean burgers can be very, very good. Try the veggie burger at the top. I like it better than regular burgers at many traditional places.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;n190039 said:

While that was funny, black bean burgers can be very, very good. Try the veggie burger at the top. I like it better than regular burgers at many traditional places.

:facepalm:

MidwestChomp

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
PatDooleySucks;n190039 said:

I miss that place.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
NavetG8r;n189840 said:
I liked it.:dunno:

I actually watched it with an open mind... and it really didn't make that much of an impression - weak story. And I thought the trailer or whatever that 'short' was where the moose and the snowman were fighting over his nose was the best part.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Jabberdave;n189469 said:
The movies were visually appealing and it was cool to actually see some of the characters, but they were dragged out far too long, especially The Hobbit. I have all kinds of beefs with the movies, but I've seen them all and own those that have been released. I probably have three or more complete sets of the books, a wall map of Middle Earth, an encyclopedia of Middle Earth and who knows what else. I have a Gandolf figure on my desk at work and probably a few other items throughout the house. Oh, I have a huge poster of Gandolf with Bilbo and Frodo next to him mounted on wood and covered in shellac. The words on the ring of power surround the image. My wife had it made for me probably 25 years ago.

Basically, I'm a nut for the series and have been since I could read. That said, I can completely understand why folks think the movies are overrated. As a fanboy of the series, I bitch about a lot of the changes made for the movies, but there's enough done correctly that keeps me watching.

Bit of a left turn here, but what ever happened to Bilbo and Gandolf's restaraunt in Gainesville? It was a great date place that was kind of set up to look like an underground Hobbit house or something like that. Used to take dates there to drink wine, eat fondue and listen to Vernon Hall on the guitar. Chicks dug it.

As far as overrated movies are concerned, for me it's a tie between Chariots of Fire and The English Patient. They both won tons of Academy Awards and were complete and utter snooze fests.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Bilbo and Gandalf's? No longer cool when it became mainstream?

Someone ask a hipster.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The Matrix and fight club. I've never understood the fascination with either. If I had to pick one it would be the matrix. Reeves is one of the worst actors i've seen.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorbait25;n190762 said:
The Matrix and fight club. I've never understood the fascination with either. If I had to pick one it would be the matrix. Reeves is one of the worst actors i've seen.

Matrix is rated that way for the innovations in special effects. The story is decent at best. Fight Club in my opinion is excellent, but if you aren't really paying attention you miss a lot of little things that end up being very important (which I did the first time, and had a lukewarm opinion of the movie).

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator