What is the reason for Mullen's perceived cap?

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
Im sure there are plenty who still think he is the GOAT, that the SEC, Big 12, CUSA and Sunbelt were stupid for not hiring as commish, and that his hires were great and just had bad luck w injuries or suspensions. Have you been to Swamp Ass ever?

You don't even have to go to that benighted shytt hole to hear that "Foley is a god" crap. I was attacked repeatedly on this venue recently when I called Foley "Arguably the worst major CFB AD in history" because of the destruction and dismay he brought to a once proud FB program at UF. And though I easily deflected every bogus claim and outright lie repeated by the ass-hat I was attempting to enlighten, he was of course impervious to facts or reason - as are all die-hard Foleyites. ****em all. I'm just glad the douche bag king isn't hanging out on the sidelines, mugging for the cameras anymore.

Last edited:

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Mullens is what you call football smart. If you havent seen it you are not looking. This is why saying he has a cap on success is a mistake. I think he can take us to that promise land of final four for the title. But keeping a team focused for 5 weeks and ready in that heady atmosphere is another skill and takes experience. He observed how Urban did it so there is that. Of course Urban had the alpha leader with him. Lots of coaches (to use the bball analogy) get to final fours but sht the bed.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
At least he made changes to his staff, that is being a CEO... Butters didn't make the changes needed that is being a better CEO. Now he did hire two OC's as inept as he was as a DC, but at least he attempted to make the needed changes. I didn't say he was great or even good. But the facts are there....
A random number generator can do that.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
So...is anyone watching us **** the bed against Missouri? Games like this...and his entire MSU career...are why I don't like him and don't think he will ever win an SEC Championship. He'll probably back into a couple of SEC East championships...but hell, even Butters did that.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

That's a bit self-serving, Itraz. We played poorly, no question, but we're still saddled with the athletes we were left with. Against a good quarterback who gets the ball out early, we didn't fare well. That happened a week ago. No coincidence.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Our defense completely sucked balls today. Pair that with our soft offense and its a losing combo every time.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Our defense completely sucked balls today. Pair that with our soft offense and its a losing combo every time.
Both sides sucked. Both sides have significant talent problems. Safety, LB, DE (run defense), OL, TE all suck.

But.... I cant help thinking we have more talent onnthe sideline. Coaches sometimes play who they like instead of who might be the most talented. That 2 star safety may be better today bc of game experience and just time in the program.... but the more talented kid will catch up soon and surpass him in a few games.

Notice today they threw a Trey Dean a couple times but they didn't pick on him like they did 4 games ago.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
No, its why we didn't score 38...
Youre an idiot. Trash played over a quarter and scored one TD. Even if he had started and kept that pace up, we dont score 38.

Plus now teams have a little film and know what he cant do (move) or beat them deep.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Youre an idiot. Trash played over a quarter and scored one TD. Even if he had started and kept that pace up, we dont score 38.

Plus now teams have a little film.and knownwhat he cant do (move).

Its very painful for you I know but it blatantly obvious Trask is a better passer than Franks. Like I said, that doesn't make him good, just a better passer.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Take a deep breath. We're 6-3. That's better than most expected. Improvement is never a linear line up, it's with peaks and valleys. This story has much more yet to come.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.