What Is Your Routine The Day Of The Game?

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
We, my wife and I, don't go to games much any more. We're 72 years old but still strong
Gator fans. But HD big screen TVs help make
it real. With the DVR you can quickly do your
own replay.

We turn the TV volume down and listen to
Mick and Lee. We almost never have
company. That is a special time in our household. We've been married 54 years. Before I married her, her father took me to my first Gator game. Don Edgington blocked an extra point attempt and we beat Miss St 14 - 13. That day I became a gator fan.

We enjoy watching the game making as much noise as we like, giving high fives for good plays and full embracing for a Gator score. After the game, cough, cough, I mean
victory, we enjoy a good New York strip, baked potato and salad. It Is alway a great day. I personally prefer them in all
blue. I am starting to like the all orange.

And after that...... we use to always enjoy some good 'gator tail'. At the age of 72 that doesn't happen every time now. But it still happens some of the times.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I just about quit going to games after my failed back surgery that causes alot of trouble sitting in the stands. I have a friend who is a bull gator that has good seats up top and I do better in them but we have pretty much been staying home and watching on the flat screen. The wife usually makes me some hot wings or something....

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Lately?
giphy.gif

Oh, and I almost forgot!
Lots of :bandit:
:lol:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I haven't been to a home game since 2008 (the year I moved up north). Going to try to make the Texas A&M game this year, would sit in my sister's seats (endzone).

I generally smoke some ribs and brats on game day....drink a lot of beer and whiskey.....curse/f-bomb A LOT.....try not to drunk post my frustrations ("try")..... I've gone to the DC Gator Club a few times, but it's generally a sh*t-show (lack of seating, expensive drinks, sh*tty food)...and occasionally go to other Gator friends house's for games.

My wife doesn't give 2 sh*ts about football, so I have to inform her several days in advance, "Don't f*ck w/ me on Saturday from 3:30-7:30!"

SC Gator

Sorta Kinda
Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Watch, pace, curse, cheer, cheer, curse, switch TV because I cant take it, turn it back, hope, cheer, curse.

If we win, im happy, if we lose im pissed.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
1. Wash the blood out of my clown suit
2. Sharpen the blades on all my lawn equipment
3. Take a nice relaxing flavored colonic lavage
4. Prepare the traditional gameday meal of kimchi haggis
5. Enjoy the game with family and friends

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
My nuclear family has a tradition of Football + Fireplace + Pizza.

Personally, I also include some swearing, some drinking, and an occasional thrown remote.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I get up like every other day. Once it's about 10-15 minutes before game time, I go find the channel the game is on.

TaterGator

Mmmm Taters
Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2014
Wake up, watch game day while my wife and I talk **** about all the bs love for these weak @ss teams.
Throw some form of pork on the grill and sedate myself with bud light.
Watch my wife go ape $h|t for a few hours while trying to enjoy the game
If we win I get lucky in a loving way, if we loose I get lucky in a angry way.
Good times

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Wakeup...hit the tailgate spot...fire up the smoker...start drinking...eat...drink some more...head to the stadium 20 mins before the game starts...by a soda once i'm in...hit the bathroom...pull the flask out...load the drink up...watch the game :lol:

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Game prep is important. I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine. In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Game prep is important. I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine. In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.
Recent photo of Threat
th

Jun 2, 2015
Game day prep is very important. Depending upon the time of the "big game", food prep is important, turn off telephone except during halftime when I talk with friends about the state of the game during the first half and projections for the 2nd half, no small children permitted, no visitors except those who love and understand football and know when to talk and when to shut up. Spent a good deal of my young life @ the Orange Bowl at games and now in my mature years, love my big screen TV, nearby bathroom and refrigerator.

Looking foward to some really good early matchups of FL vs. Michigan, FSU vs. Alabama and our 3rd game of the season against FSU

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

This.

I don't have an actual structured routine in terms of activities. Wife and young kids have changed that. But there will be bourbon(preferably the Basil Haydens in the back) then beer of some kind. Recently, my wife has been making Old Fashions, but usually just the bourbon and a few rocks.

The beer selection has changed over the years. Used to go light, but have now been doing more IPA's, which is good because it usually helps me black out the pain of what I'm witnessing.

Food has to be a philly-cheese from Pita Pit. No exceptions here.

Same shirt and shorts for a few years, but will change it up preseason occasionally when I feel we need a change.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I started a new ritual a few years ago. I like to take a nap after the first few series on offense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.