What Is Your Routine The Day Of The Game?

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I love this thread. It's really interesting to me to see what other people like to do on my favorite days of the year.

I flip around the TV and watch other good matchups for the before and after our game. Usually knock back a few. More drinks if we're losing so I don't have to remember the pain. Smoke a cigar and listen to the post and pregame on WRUF. I live in Gainesville so sometimes I go out and tailgate if it's a big game. Visit local restaurants because they're extra fun on Gamedays.
I do think this year I'm going to try to put my phone down during the games. I've gotten into a really bad habit of texting and checking message boards. I have a constant text conversation going with my brother and dad and some other friends some times. But I would like to focus up more on experiencing the game and put my phone down.
That is what the dvr button is for but then (if you are senility now like me) you forget and then make a comment about the play (now minutes old) and the reactions are "WTF are you talking about" I did that in BB games a few times.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
My routine depends on whether at home in TN or back in Hogotwn at Mom's attending the game. It pretty much starts out the same no matter where I'm at. Wake up and stumble to the coffee pot. Shortly thereafter a visit to B/R and take Bulldog and wipe my Nole. I'm sure you can figure that one out.

At Home:
Get my alcohol
Get my food for the game. I usually tend to do a regionalized meal depending on who we play. (i.e. LSU, cajun, etc.)
Invite any of my family, kids, over. Usually insult my son in law (bama fan) all day. He takes it pretty well.
Drink some, then more, then more.
Watch game, then drink a lot more.

At the SWAMP:
Same wake up routine
Watch an early game if possible or hit the bars on University prior to.
I always made a stop at Burrito Bros. Unfortunately that won't happen anymore. DAMMIT!
Get to my seat about 45 min. prior to K/O
And hope to see a good game.

Then with either, more post game drinking or sedation depending on the outcome. Stay pretty much chilled out or comatose on Sunday and watch NFL. Love Football Seaon.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
. Usually insult my son in law (bama fan) all day. He takes it pretty well.
Not too hard to take insults on game day if you are bammer.........like Jessica Alba hearing she is a plain jane...............
jessica-alba1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator