What now? Gator fans told to "temper expectations"

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Jake Allen was on the radio bragging about how he was helping Mac pick guys we're going after. I can understand if coaches ask commits about the character and rumors surrounding other targets, but he sounded naive. However , it would explain some of Mac's dumb decisions

Ah for fcvks sake, if he's saying stupid siht like that then that gives me even more pause about him. As if his noodle arm isn't bad enough, he's got a noodle brain to match? A high school commit is now picking which other prospects we're recruiting and offering scholarships to? Give me an effing break!

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Yeeeeeeah.....the last time T-Rex and "optimistic" were in the same sentence was 199never.

I am optimistic on Coach White. I still think we make the NC2A's this year

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We all need to calm down and be patient, so says Dooley as he writes yet another column scolding Gator fans for expecting their team to win.
What would possess us to think that UF would be able to compete with the elite programs in America? We are a silly bunch aren't we?

I am just glad that I don't flush money down the toilet each year with the letters UAA written on it.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
No one on this board should be shocked by any of this including the pumpers. Mac is and always will be trash. Recruiting is something you either can do or you can't and it's clear that Mac can't recruit. I honestly think kids see right through his bs, they see his attitude through the media and see him as a clown. Then they look at the fact that he gets out coached by every team that's of equal talent or more. He don't even come close to winning those games. I also think he will be around for 2 more years because apparently our new AD could care less about football

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I am just glad that I don't flush money down the toilet each year with the letters UAA written on it.
tma.gif

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'm just going to wait til NSD to get pissed off. You hear on one thread we're going to do well and the other to "temper" your expectations. I won't be surprised by anything at this point.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
After we have a great year offensively next year then the recruits will come.
Lol

No, no, too soon. You cant even start recruiting until youve finished your fourth year. Trust me. I read it on the internet.

lol

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It's almost like espionage. The UF brand and buzz has been infiltrated with people that are NOT friends of the University of Florida. A bunch of mercenaries with no real Florida psyche and ability to transform UF into a contemporary, millennial Champion. Oh to the point, a feeling of sabotage and self inflicted wounds by leadership. That's not good for the 'wait till next year generation scars of brotherhood nor the prime time loving X-gens bewildered by what losing means. Come on leaders... find your way back to our camp.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Lol

No, no, too soon. You cant even start recruiting until youve finished your fourth year. Trust me. I read it on the internet.

lol

It takes that long to build relationships. Ask Harbaugh.

gatorgrad'02

Aug 10, 2015
Spilling the beans ...

Rumored chatter among a few current commits and some uncommitted guys is that as it stands right now no one expects Blades, Levi Jones, KLH, Conliffe, or Henderson in this class. Also there is a growing sense that James Robinson's relationship with the staff has not improved, and that the Gaddy twins are likely staying in Maryland to be close to their mother even with an OV upcoming. Last, we should not take DaQoun Green's Tennessee visit lightly, there is genuine interest between both him and UT right now.

Again this is ALL RUMOR. I have not heard this directly from anyone on the inside, just noise that keeps coming up. As I understand it the rumored source of the information is from private group messages among current recruits that have been forwarded around to others. Take it for what it's worth, which may be nothing ... I at least hope so.

As an aside, many don't expect Lemons to qualify either, but that's per discussion outside of the rumors above.

So we have all that going for us.....

BTW, I didn't come out immediately with this as I was hoping someone else would first to help confirm what I had heard.

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
why would anyone in their right mind want to play for Butch Jones? good grief... he's TN's Mac

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
BTW, I forgot in my post above that UGa D-tackle commit Wyatt is scheduled to visit this weekend and one of the D-tackle prospects, Bra Gaddy is a bit under 300 lbs. Also Miami commitment OL Hillery is also schedule to visit this weekend.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Everyday I do a quick check on this board to see if there is any good news concerning recruiting, hiring coaches, etc., and everyday there is nothing. I truly hope we have a great signing day and we also bring in some great coaches soon, but I'm really struggling to see any reason for optimism.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Spilling the beans ...

Rumored chatter among a few current commits and some uncommitted guys is that as it stands right now no one expects Blades, Levi Jones, KLH, Conliffe, or Henderson in this class. Also there is a growing sense that James Robinson's relationship with the staff has not improved, and that the Gaddy twins are likely staying in Maryland to be close to their mother even with an OV upcoming. Last, we should not take DaQoun Green's Tennessee visit lightly, there is genuine interest between both him and UT right now.

Again this is ALL RUMOR. I have not heard this directly from anyone on the inside, just noise that keeps coming up. As I understand it the rumored source of the information is from private group messages among current recruits that have been forwarded around to others. Take it for what it's worth, which may be nothing ... I at least hope so.

As an aside, many don't expect Lemons to qualify either, but that's per discussion outside of the rumors above.

So we have all that going for us.....

BTW, I didn't come out immediately with this as I was hoping someone else would first to help confirm what I had heard.
Holy smokes. I knew it was bad, but this would be a bloodbath

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb