What now? Gator fans told to "temper expectations"

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Way to go with Chump, Zook, and the players we didn't want anyway.

Many years ago, I knew some college players and the fan base did play a role in their decision. We ain't got much going for us so we don't need any additional straws.

I doubt it plays much role because many SEC fans talk this way when they have had a couple of substandard years. I was surprised to hear them on the SEC Channel implying Foley ignoring facilities was having a carry over still.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Spilling the beans ...

Rumored chatter among a few current commits and some uncommitted guys is that as it stands right now no one expects Blades, Levi Jones, KLH, Conliffe, or Henderson in this class. Also there is a growing sense that James Robinson's relationship with the staff has not improved, and that the Gaddy twins are likely staying in Maryland to be close to their mother even with an OV upcoming. Last, we should not take DaQoun Green's Tennessee visit lightly, there is genuine interest between both him and UT right now.

Again this is ALL RUMOR. I have not heard this directly from anyone on the inside, just noise that keeps coming up. As I understand it the rumored source of the information is from private group messages among current recruits that have been forwarded around to others. Take it for what it's worth, which may be nothing ... I at least hope so.

As an aside, many don't expect Lemons to qualify either, but that's per discussion outside of the rumors above.

So we have all that going for us.....

BTW, I didn't come out immediately with this as I was hoping someone else would first to help confirm what I had heard.

I never thought that any of the guys on these threads were coming here. I thought Hunter had an outside shot. And maybe Slaton now. But I expect nobody else.

jereed16

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Good Lord, what a bunch of wankers. This place is hardly readable any more. Think I'll go stick my hand in the garbage disposal; it would be a more positive experience than this place.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Good Lord, what a bunch of wankers. This place is hardly readable any more. Think I'll go stick my hand in the garbage disposal; it would be a more positive experience than this place.
:byebye: Tell Coach we all said hi!

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

Wait, you implying this ain't a garbage disposal?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Feel free to share any positive news you can find.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I came over here for the first time a couple of weeks ago. The stench was pretty overwhelming (lol). NSD will be here soon and then we'll know. You should come over to the OFB! Good to see you're still around.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
I said it 2 weeks ago and still think its true. Mac will be lucky to get 20 guys in this class. Nobody likes what he is selling.

UF is a leper colony to recruits. Mac will be trolling the jucos after signing day trying to fill out the class.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
while our administration stands around and watches the program die.
They have been doing this since 08 and it's getting worse every year that passes. Incompetence from top to bottom and it won't change anytime soon unfortunately! This sh*t is why I have refused to donate or renew my season tickets this year.

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I think a real part of the problem is the recruits know that Mac is almost certainly going to be fired within two years. They are usually more interested in stability.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Spilling the beans ...

Rumored chatter among a few current commits and some uncommitted guys is that as it stands right now no one expects Blades, Levi Jones, KLH, Conliffe, or Henderson in this class. Also there is a growing sense that James Robinson's relationship with the staff has not improved, and that the Gaddy twins are likely staying in Maryland to be close to their mother even with an OV upcoming. Last, we should not take DaQoun Green's Tennessee visit lightly, there is genuine interest between both him and UT right now.

Again this is ALL RUMOR. I have not heard this directly from anyone on the inside, just noise that keeps coming up. As I understand it the rumored source of the information is from private group messages among current recruits that have been forwarded around to others. Take it for what it's worth, which may be nothing ... I at least hope so.

As an aside, many don't expect Lemons to qualify either, but that's per discussion outside of the rumors above.

BTW, I didn't come out immediately with this as I was hoping someone else would first to help confirm what I had heard.
There's just no way all of that happens. That's worst case senario and although we like to believe UF football is worst case scenario it's just not gonna happen.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
No, just constructive.
So, if the fans were just positive and constructive and if the athletic dept spent even less on the program, our program would be slaying it? All the top kids are attracted to the programs with the positive fans who accept any number of losses and who have the most money in the bank, right?

I find it almost laughable that you actually believe the crap you spew on your whiskey tainted breath.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Spilling the beans ...

Several people are talking about it but they won't go public because most either are UF media guys or tied to the program itself. Someone will leak it and if I we're betting on it I bet they do so pretty soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb