What top prospects think of Florida's recruiting

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
I had the same concern. How in the name that is all that is good and holy, DO WE SLOW PLAY JAMES ROBINSON? THE dude is a manchild/ megatron clone.... what the heck. I support mac and the program, but how do we not go 100% all out for a kid along with lemons also a very good player who are seemingly pro gator and live in LAKELAND AND CLEARWATER? We're not talking about some low rated guys. These are two very highly rated recruits especially robinson and they play offense and we need to stockpile on talent there considering the last seven years. Like i said i support mac, but how do we let this happen. I just hope we didn't slow play these two for too long and make them made enough that they end up somewhere else.

Edit: I do not know if we slowplayed/ (admissions wont let them in) robinson and lemons and they very well could end up in this class, but to me it seemed like we never went full out for them Again, I obviously don't know the whole story, but I hope im wrong and they are gators.

Last edited:

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
There's an article on TOS called "UA All-America: What's ailing Florida on the recruiting trial?" I'm not going to link it or copy/paste, but I wanted to post some quotes from the article for discussion purposes:

“Florida was my dream offer. I went in there with super high expectations but I left on a low. I didn’t like the facilities and I didn’t like how everything was on campus. I just didn’t like it. I was like, ‘This isn’t what I thought it was when I was a kid.’”

-2018 QB Joey Gatewood

“I would definitely consider Florida. But they haven’t offered me. I can’t tell you why. They have offered DBs smaller than me and slower than me. They offer late, man. They get in late then it’s an uphill battle and becomes a hard process for them.”

-2018 DB Asante Samuel Jr.

"“From a coaching standpoint they’re looking for the best of the best. That’s why they take it slow. They don’t offer like that. They just take it real slow and just really deal with seniors.”

-2018 DB Al Blades Jr.

“I like the coaches and the players on the team. I like how they’re – well I don’t want to say up-and-coming, because they’re already good – but I like that they keep getting better. I like the environment, too.”

“I think the reason they aren’t recruiting like it was is because of the down years [under the previous staff]. You know, when you’re up everyone wants to come to your team.”

2018 OL Reuben Unije

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
There was not that much in there. One player who loved the Gators did not even know what facilities we had so he just did not like them. Who is not familiar with the swamp? One wanted things earlier, that might be a lack of working hard or being careful. Nobody said they did not like the coaches or how they were treated. Not much here to see according to me.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
This staff is LAZY and seemingly too damn comfortable. I want to see them all gone and a fresh start. I'm just sick and tired of all the excuses and lackluster performances. If we get beat today, the whole damn staff should be fired, except for Shannon. Make him the head coach and get Bud Foster to run the defense as an associate HBC. Then hire a REALLY good OC that can add some excitement to this ****ty offense. They are out there you just have to go look for one. If you want to get away from hiring Bama's sloppy seconds......there you go. Foster is also pretty darn good with ST, something we haven't had since Urb.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Does ZenMac allow any excitement at all? He should get his recruiting team as fired up for the "game"
of recruiting as he does his football team for ... uh-oh.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
There was not that much in there. One player who loved the Gators did not even know what facilities we had so he just did not like them. Who is not familiar with the swamp? One wanted things earlier, that might be a lack of working hard or being careful. Nobody said they did not like the coaches or how they were treated. Not much here to see according to me.
I guess that settles it. Lock the thread Ox

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Samuel is the nephew (maybe son?) of the great DB Samuel formerly with the Dolphins. One of the top DBs in the country in the 2018 cycle. The fact that we have not even offered is ludicrous.

I don't know much about Blades but his last name tells me that he may have NFL legacy as well.

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
The main thing we need to do is build the support staff, they are the silent army that gives extra manpower to all facets of the football program.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
This staff is LAZY and seemingly too damn comfortable. I want to see them all gone and a fresh start. I'm just sick and tired of all the excuses and lackluster performances. If we get beat today, the whole damn staff should be fired, except for Shannon. Make him the head coach and get Bud Foster to run the defense as an associate HBC. Then hire a REALLY good OC that can add some excitement to this ****ty offense. They are out there you just have to go look for one. If you want to get away from hiring Bama's sloppy seconds......there you go. Foster is also pretty darn good with ST, something we haven't had since Urb.

Shannon as HC? That alone deserves a dislike.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Edit: I do not know if we slowplayed/ (admissions wont let them in) robinson and lemons and they very well could end up in this class, but to me it seemed like we never went full out for them Again, I obviously don't know the whole story, but I hope im wrong and they are gators.

Right it is not like we have not been having this same discussion for at least 20 years. If you don't bother to send your transcript to UF, you don't get an offer. Heck if your transcript is not good enough you will not be allowed to visit.

Unless you have seen the offer letter, you do not know if the AU commit ever got a real committable offer from UF.

Last edited:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The main thing we need to do is build the support staff, they are the silent army that gives extra manpower to all facets of the football program.
We didn't have half the support staff we have now under muschamp and he didn't have these problems

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I could give two shyts about what Gatewood says unless he can read a defense. He is a DT-QB, so I doubt he can. Blades is likely a legacy to Miami, so I could give two shyts about him.

I think Samuel is the son of the NFL player of the same name. His father went to UCF, so he should be at the top of our list. He is the #2 CB and has decent size, but not prototypical size. Still, I offer him in a heartbeat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb