What TV Series do y'all watch?

GatorBenji

Sep 6, 2014
That are currently on going? I like Game of Thrones and this new show Empire on Fox is pretty good as well. Also watched first season of True Detective and am gonna start that Saul show tomorrow. Any of y'all watch these shows or what do you watch?

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
My wife works for a parks department, so we watch Parks n Rec.
Alpha House on Amazon Prime is hilarious. Check it out. My current favorite.
I just finished watching Breaking Bad. We're in the middle of season 1 of True Detective.
We watch most of our TV off Netflix or Amazon.
What is that 'Saul' show you speak of?

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I think Modern Family is funny (good writers) and saw some of the new Asian family show (looks good). The Middle. My wife watches all the reality garbage. My 600 lb life, Hoarders.
I liked Intervention but its gone. I watch 60 Minutes when I can.

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
A couple of my favorites are Justified, Brooklyn 9 9, Suits, and Law and Order. Recently, if I'm bored, I'll watch an episode of Shark Tank or House Hunters.
Still, I am absolutely excited for House of Cards. I'm not going to binge watch it on one day, but I'll definitely watch 1-2 episodes a day for that week.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorBenji;n173377 said:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3032476/

Show starts tomorrow actually. Is Amazon Prime worth getting and how much is it

Within the last year or so, Prime has increased from $79/yr. to $99/yr. I initially became Prime because I buy a lot of stuff on Amazon (nieces and nephews gifts, and books for me) and it includes free 2nd day shipping on many items. And, at the time, they didn't collect sales tax (they do now). My renewal is in March and I've already received my statement. I loved it at $79, at $99 I'll probably renew but I love it less. I've watched some movies and TV on Amazon, but not nearly as much as Netflix because many of their titles cost more than just the Prime membership fee and at the end of the day, I'm pretty cheap. Netflix is all-inclusive. Regardless of which streaming service you use, once you get used to watching your show when you want and without commercials, there's no going back.

Since I started streaming last year, I've watched Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy, House of Cards and Peaky Blinders. I just started Walking Dead. Game of Thrones is on the list, but it hasn't made it to Netflix yet. I can't wait for the next season of House of Cards to drop in a few weeks, though I watch that with my girlfriend and we see each other every other weekend - so it takes a long time to plow through the 13 episodes. I got an earful for jumping ahead of her last season...

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Same here! Amazon Prime is the shiznit if you order a lot of stuff from them. The free Prime movies and TV shows is a bonus and I use it fairly often. Trying to finish up the Game of Thrones books before the shows come to Prime. LOL

As to TV shows. I DVR the new Big Bang Theory and Broad City episodes so I can watch them while I eat my supper at night. Otherwise I really only watch my Gators play sports on the TV and even watch most of those on my computer if I can find a good live stream feed.

ockgator

Sep 17, 2014
I'm a Smithsonian Channel junkie... About the only reason I keep Direct HD. Wife never misses NCIS (well tries not to)

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I started watching "Better Call Saul".

I also watch "Suits" and "The Walking Dead".

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Haven't really watched any series since Deadwood. The wife and I have gotten into Homeland. I hate getting addicted to series.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Blacklist (Spader is bad!)
NCIS (excellent stories and cast)
Madam Secretary (she's still hot)

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Walking dead (duhh!!), the americans and my wife and I enjoy watching both shark tank and the profit. There is also a show on showtime with don cheadle and kristen bell called house of lies (not cards) that is freaking awesome and I try to catch it whenever i have the opportunity.

*** i loved sons of anarchy but sadly, this past fall marked the end of the final season

Dec 10, 2014
My wife and I dumped cable and got Netflix and a HD TV antennae. In Jacksonville at least, the HD Antennae picks up about 30 channels, so it's pretty solid. To comment on some things already put out there, I like "Blacklist" but have to do a better job catching it on. I watched True Detective. A great show with a poor payoff that I can still say is a great show. If that makes sense? Watch GOT. An amazing series for sure. I like House Hunters a lot. We have four PBS stations, so I try to tune in to Masterpiece Mystery. It can be hit or miss. There are several great traveling shows on PBS as well. I actually utilized Rick Steves when we went to Paris last year, and we were able to see the substance of the city very efficiently because of his guidebook. I guess PBS can be educational when it's not forwarding its political agenda. Beyond that, we are kind of at the mercy of Netflix. We will watch or rewatch old series. Have recently gone through Law and Order (until Orbach left the show) and X-Files.

Dec 10, 2014
MJMGator;n174559 said:
Haven't really watched any series since Deadwood. The wife and I have gotten into Homeland. I hate getting addicted to series.

My father and law keeps asking me if I've started this yet

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I used to really like NCIS but the producers seem to have lost there way this season....... Too much character development in my opinion..

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GOT
Vikings
Better Call Saul
Parks and Rec

PatDooleySucks;n175914 said:
My father and law keeps asking me if I've started this yet
Maybe tell him you're too busy bonin his daughter to watch TV:dunno:

Dec 10, 2014
Fishon;n176261 said:
GOT
Vikings
Better Call Saul
Parks and Rec

Maybe tell him you're too busy bonin his daughter to watch TV:dunno:

Ugh. He was a high-ranking military officer for 30 years. Try not to stir the pot.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Peaky Blinders is the Shizz... Better Call Saul looks pretty good too... House of cards, Sons of Anarchy are both good binge watchers!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.