What TV Series do y'all watch?

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
GMDGATOR;n178259 said:
Peaky Blinders is the Shizz... Better Call Saul looks pretty good too... House of cards, Sons of Anarchy are both good binge watchers!!!

Yep... loves me some Saul and the way it's coming along. H.O.C.: Spacey kills me when he looks at the camera...good stuff. And we also watched the show on WGN America called 'Manhattan'. Really good series set in 1943 with the two teams that had competing ideas for the atomic bomb. It's turned out to be really well done. And my son raved about Peaky Blinders - I watched two episodes and had to agree - very cool show.

Dec 10, 2014
Thoughts on Game of Thrones last night?

I think this season is going to slow it down a bit before ramping it back up. Not sure how many seasons are left. I cannot wait to see Stannis take on the Boltons.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;n208107 said:
Thoughts on Game of Thrones last night?

I think this season is going to slow it down a bit before ramping it back up. Not sure how many seasons are left. I cannot wait to see Stannis take on the Boltons.

I can't wait for Tyrion to meet up with Daenerys. I know a lot of people who have read the books are worried about this season due to it being the season that will be the most different from the books.

Dec 10, 2014
WobbleGator;n208117 said:
I can't wait for Tyrion to meet up with Daenerys. I know a lot of people who have read the books are worried about this season due to it being the season that will be the most different from the books.

She needs something to put a spark in her plotline/character. I find the Daenerys plotlines very boring and forced. Ever since she left the Khaleesi (sic) in season one. One thing I noticed about the season premiere is that the show is starting to suffer from being spread so far and thin with so many characters/plots. They need more of ppl like Tyrion and Daenerys meeting up, so they can consolidate the time on TV.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;n208120 said:
She needs something to put a spark in her plotline/character. I find the Daenerys plotlines very boring and forced. Ever since she left the Khaleesi (sic) in season one. One thing I noticed about the season premiere is that the show is starting to suffer from being spread so far and thin with so many characters/plots. They need more of ppl like Tyrion and Daenerys meeting up, so they can consolidate the time on TV.

Yeah, that is why certain characters aren't going to make the tv show. Instead they will have the characters on there already, go with the story arch that a new character would have brought. I never found Daenerys' arch to be forced, I have actually enjoyed the straight forwardness of her progression. The one I find to be forced and boring is Bran's. I wish he had died when pushed out of that tower in episode one.

Dec 10, 2014
WobbleGator;n208129 said:
Yeah, that is why certain characters aren't going to make the tv show. Instead they will have the characters on there already, go with the story arch that a new character would have brought. I never found Daenerys' arch to be forced, I have actually enjoyed the straight forwardness of her progression. The one I find to be forced and boring is Bran's. I wish he had died when pushed out of that tower in episode one.

You're preaching to the choir on Bran. I suspect he's going to become very important if he can control animals (specifically Dragons). But yeah, his plotline has been arduous. My gripe with Daenerys is three fold. 1). I don't think the actress playing her is particularly good, 2). Her conquest has just been way too easy after the first season. It's like she goes to a town and gets an army. Goes to the next town and takes it over with little resistance. But yet she cannot rule the towns she takes over effectively ... 3). Just kind of taken out of it with all her moral dilemmas. Like everything is some major internal conflict for her.

But again. Yeah Bran is tough to watch.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Daenerys is learning to be a leader. Compare her to what she was when you first meet her to what she is now and you can see a huge difference in her. This latest city she took over is the first time she actually stayed to rule them, so it will be fun to see how well she does. Plus dragons make it real easy to take places over. That and getting slaves to turn on their masters.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n208182 said:
How far into the books are you?

I'm on the one you guys are talking about. Tyrion is on his way to meet Danny. Bran is in the cave with the 3 eye'd crow learning to talk to the animals.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n208186 said:
I'm on the one you guys are talking about. Tyrion is on his way to meet Danny. Bran is in the cave with the 3 eye'd crow learning to talk to the animals.

Ok, so we haven't spoiled anything yet.

Dec 10, 2014
I read the first two books but then season three started and people would not stop talking about it. I was tired of not being in the convo and hearing spoilers, so I abandoned the books and caught up on the show.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I've read all the books (5) in a row in 2013 and I'm still waiting on #6 (Winds of Winter). They say it may come out by the end of the year. :rolleyes:
I think they are trying to get the series to catch up with the books and GRR Martin says he's so busy with other projects he hasn't had time to get #6 (what he calls 'The Son of Kong') finished. I personally don't want to watch if the the series runs ahead of the books - I prefer reading the books.
And we are a year behind on watching the shows as we don't do HBO.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe someone should change the name of the title to say "Game of Thrones spoilers insde". :scratchchin:

Dec 10, 2014
WobbleGator;n208435 said:
Maybe someone should change the name of the title to say "Game of Thrones spoilers insde". :scratchchin:

I thought of doing a GOT thread, but wasn't sure it would catch. Was honestly just fishing by bumping this thread and glad I got responses.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;n208438 said:
I thought of doing a GOT thread, but wasn't sure it would catch. Was honestly just fishing by bumping this thread and glad I got responses.

This is the first time I have had HBO. Usually I would wait until the season came out on DVD before I saw it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb