What was your Uh-Oh Moment in the Mac Era?

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
I was very interested in the Mac Era but when he blew up on Kelvin Taylor against East Carolina after a stupid penalty, I thought that it was disturbing. To discipline is one thing, but to make yourself the center of attention at the expense of your player is another.

Spurrier would toss the visor and holler, for sure, and I do not think it was his best attribute as a coach, just as giving up and punting on 3rd and a million against MSU one game was not as well, but there were a million positives to go with that.

I can't recall Spurrier ever taking the time to do what Mac did on there, maybe I'm wrong, but it was the uh-oh moment for me as a fan that this guy wasn't going to be the cool, calm hand on the wheel to take us back to the top.

What was your uh-oh moment?
Agree with jaywalker whole heartily.......Think that hurt early recruiting more than we realize.

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
The first time I saw him open his mouth, and I got a look at those buttered kernels that he calls teeth... I thought "uh oh" and I knew right then that it wasn't gonna end well

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I was very interested in the Mac Era but when he blew up on Kelvin Taylor against East Carolina after a stupid penalty, I thought that it was disturbing. To discipline is one thing, but to make yourself the center of attention at the expense of your player is another.

Spurrier would toss the visor and holler, for sure, and I do not think it was his best attribute as a coach, just as giving up and punting on 3rd and a million against MSU one game was not as well, but there were a million positives to go with that.

I can't recall Spurrier ever taking the time to do what Mac did on there, maybe I'm wrong, but it was the uh-oh moment for me as a fan that this guy wasn't going to be the cool, calm hand on the wheel to take us back to the top.

What was your uh-oh moment?

I have to agree - while what KT did was wrong and uncalled for, Mac's overreaction was just as uncalled for, and embarrassed UF. It was a shock to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.