What would it take for 2 SEC Teams to get in the 4 team playoff ?

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Its possible depending on how the season runs out. There will be a lot of jockeying by schools and conferences. It will have to be clear cut and unavoidable for the committee. But I can also see them trying hard to keep two teams out of it. IMO its why this format has been chosen to try and make it "fair" for the other conferences that continually get their arses handed to them by the SEC. But the "Barn" let the Clowns win it last year.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator said:
Law98gator;n35497 said:
What will it take? Hell to freeze over. There is a reason they made a committee not a formula and the committee will be made up of like 90 percent people with ties to other schools or conferences. They designed this to specifically keep the all Sec thing from happening again. I dont expect that a team that cannot win even its own division will ever be in the playoff.
I agree with this. Throw in condaliza freaking rice and we're screwed
No one asked you Bernard

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
13 people with agendas ain't gonna put 2 SEC teams in period! NEVER

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think it can happen but only if the SEC team has one less loss than say a Big 10 or ACC Champion and the much harder schedule which it should most years.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
There will have to be overwhelming pressure. Like NO choice.

Mudd

Lurker
Aug 19, 2014
LagoonGator68;n35903 said:
13 people with agendas ain't gonna put 2 SEC teams in period! NEVER

I think you may be right. They will change it to a 8 team playoff one day I'm sure, but until then I don't think 2 SEC teams will get in regardless of how good they are.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It would take a season like 2011 or 2012. Not sure if it will happen this year, but it will at some point.
In 2012 for example we would've played Notre Dame and Oregon would've played Bama.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Everyone else losing at least two games!

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorbait25;n36015 said:
It would take a season like 2011 or 2012. Not sure if it will happen this year, but it will at some point.
In 2012 for example we would've played Notre Dame and Oregon would've played Bama.

No we wouldn't have - there was enough 1 loss conference champions. We would have went under the BCS system due to the computers however if SC lost to ND..

Bama probably would have been one of the 4 teams in 2011 however due to there not being enough 1 loss conference champions.

westflgator

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
westflgator said:
Durty South Swamp;n34935 said:
. At the end of the day its voters and they will succumb to pressure based off who is really viewed as better regardless of conference champ standing.

Not under this new system. It will be determined by a committee not a bunch of voters as a whole. The criteria has changed, and SOS will not carry as much weight as winning your conference (if you are part of a major conference). I still think it is possible, but not as likely as it was under the old system. The only way I see two SEC teams in the final four, would be if two undefeated teams play a really close hard fought game that comes down to a field goal, and the other major conference winners happens to have multiple losses, and there are no other highly ranked undefeated independants or smaller conference champs waiting in the wings, however, I think that scenario is highly unlikely. Once they move to an eight team playoff we will see multiple SEC teams on a yearly basis.
"a committee is a bunch of voters braniac " Alright let me spell this out for you because apparently you are about 12 years old based on your response. Under the old system there were a "bunch" of voters in multiple polls along with computers etc. With the new playoff there is a "SMALL" committee that will determine who gets in based on different criteria than was used in the BCS. One of those that carrys a heavy weight in new playoff fomat is the conference champions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.