What's happening with the Title IX case in Tally?

ReelGatorDoc

Sep 9, 2014
I haven't heard anything. I'm assuming it's getting swept under the rug as with the other felonious investigations or lack there of.

Anybody heard of a time line or outcome?

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Right after they put up a statue of Jamies....and then take it down.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Usually I think they just make the school agree to change things and not much happens in reality in most of these cases. I think 50 colleges are under investigations right now. Also I think it was Tally PD that sat on things so long officially and "officially" FSU didn't get "official" paperwork on it until just a couple of days before it was given to Meggs to make a decision on whether to prosecute so that might complicate things some.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
There have been no news reports or leaks lately, which I see as a good thing. What I suspect will happen is that FSU will be found to have not properly followed the procedures in accordance with Title IX and they will be given a chance to remedy their internal procedures moving forward. I just can't see them giving them a "death penalty" by pulling all the federal funding. However, I still think that they will document it in such a way that if the NCAA wants to apply sanctions (lack of institutional control), they easily can without having to rely on their own investigation. Watch for it...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
These things aren't fast. Three to five years wouldn't be uncommon.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The "Powers-that-be" here don't want to punish FSU the big amount they deserve = figuring, refiguring, and postponing.
No University should do such wrongs. That's the problem here.

NoGaGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2014
Most of the civil sh!t that hits the fan will be against the TPD.

That said, I believe FSU is in for some sanctions as well. The New York Times has published numerous articles showing the entitlement and protection FSU athletes received when committing alleged transgressions.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The Title IX investigation is only against the Tallahassee Junior College of Clownology.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
NoGaGator;n179511 said:
Most of the civil sh!t that hits the fan will be against the TPD.

That said, I believe FSU is in for some sanctions as well. The New York Times has published numerous articles showing the entitlement and protection FSU athletes received when committing alleged transgressions.

I doubt TPD has much happen to them in reality. Its hard as heck to make a suit like that stick against a PD in the appeals process. If they pay that girl anything it will be because they just wanted to settle probably but I doubt they will do that. I am starting to think she might not get paid on all this stuff after listening and reading the evidence they actually had at USA today previously. The case was really weak in reality based on what even her own friend said to the detective but it was messed up how long TPD sat on it and their excuse for why it took so long to give it to Meggs.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n179559 said:
The Title IX investigation is only against the Tallahassee Junior College of Clownology.

Law - do you think she ends up getting anything out of this in reality. I am not sure if you looked at the recordings of some of the interviews and what the detective wrote about the evidence in the days after this stuff happened but if that is what the evidence is I think even a civil case jury wouldn't rule in her favor against Winston. I kind of think that might be why we are seeing that she is going to do interviews now because her lawyers realize that.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I hate to say this but I am convinced that absolutely nothing will come of this.
- The government will not take Title IV funding away so they will defer to allowing FSU to self-correct.
- The NCAA is now completely powerless and will not do anything

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I am going to hold out hope, for this reason. The Title IX investigators have a lot more clout because of the federal funding involved. Their findings will be factual and the school will not be able to deny these facts. So the feds will work with the school to get a compliant program in place and will monitor the school closely. Those same indisputable facts related to the athletes involved in improper conduct (and there has been a bunch) can be used by the NCAA to demonstrate a lack of institutional control. The NCAA will not have to rely on its own shaky investigation when one is being done for them. And because of some black eyes on their credibility lately, I think the NCAA would love to exert some authority on a blatant violator like FSU.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Referring to the NCAA investigation into UM's inglorious violations :
My understanding was that the NCAA got some facts acquired by Federal investigators. And for that, UM's attorneys
threaten to sue (apparently sharing that info is illegal). The NCAA can only use info they get from inspection only by
NCAA investigators. Supposedly those UM lawsuit threats caused the NCAA to shut down the quest and let UM off
minimally punished for super-major violations.

Am I wrong ? …. I could see a UM lawyer advising differently his client to answer a steeled Fed attorney's question
differently than answer a silly-putty NCAA attorney = 2 different answers to the same inquiry. Can't give NCAA the
"scare-power" of the Feds and thus, the Fed's information. ??

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n179559 said:
That's 3/4 of the enrollment. The other is 'Slacking' and 'Jacking'.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
rogdochar;n180113 said:
Referring to the NCAA investigation into UM's inglorious violations :
My understanding was that the NCAA got some facts acquired by Federal investigators. And for that, UM's attorneys
threaten to sue (apparently sharing that info is illegal). The NCAA can only use info they get from inspection only by
NCAA investigators. Supposedly those UM lawsuit threats caused the NCAA to shut down the quest and let UM off
minimally punished for super-major violations.

Am I wrong ? …. I could see a UM lawyer advising differently his client to answer a steeled Fed attorney's question
differently than answer a silly-putty NCAA attorney = 2 different answers to the same inquiry. Can't give NCAA the
"scare-power" of the Feds and thus, the Fed's information. ??

I found a story about investigators improperly obtaining information from a bankruptcy case:

"The NCAA said its enforcement staff was able to gain information through the bankruptcy proceedings that would not have been accessible otherwise. Emmert said the NCAA learned of the alleged misconduct, in part, through legal bills presented by Shapiro's attorney for work that was not properly approved by the organization's general counsel's office."

I'll keep looking for a connection to federal investigators...but I think the point is, if the NCAA obtains information that it would not normally be privy to, that is improper.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TallyGator;n180219 said:
I found a story about investigators improperly obtaining information from a bankruptcy case:

"The NCAA said its enforcement staff was able to gain information through the bankruptcy proceedings that would not have been accessible otherwise. Emmert said the NCAA learned of the alleged misconduct, in part, through legal bills presented by Shapiro's attorney for work that was not properly approved by the organization's general counsel's office."

I'll keep looking for a connection to federal investigators...but I think the point is, if the NCAA obtains information that it would not normally be privy to, that is improper.

Most of that stuff is fair game if you make a request for it and it hasn't been sealed for some legal reason I think. Not sure the case here but if someone from the public could get it I think the NCAA should be able to use it myself.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Whatever it was, the article I read stated it caused the NCAA to fold. ??

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator