What's the latest on D'Anfre McGriff

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
Andrew Spivey is being a jackass, this kid wants to come to UF by everything I am seeing on twitter. I hope the kid gets here because when he does, I am gonna make sure spivey eats crow...

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I haven't watched his film again, but I remember thinking this guy could play at WR. His skill set and size is nightmare matchup for any defense. This would be better than NCM signing, but I'm hoping we get both.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Andrew Spivey is being a jackass, this kid wants to come to UF by everything I am seeing on twitter. I hope the kid gets here because when he does, I am gonna make sure spivey eats crow...

Spivey would rather eat a tub of ice cream

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
Ok update, was just chatting back and forth with Spivey and he seems to think even though he passed the ACT he will still be short on credits possibly.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I haven't watched his film again, but I remember thinking this guy could play at WR. His skill set and size is nightmare matchup for any defense. This would be better than NCM signing, but I'm hoping we get both.
Rivals shows him as an athlete: 6'3" 225lb and runs a 4.34 40. He's built more like a TE or LB, but from the HS highlights I remember he was essentially a RB/QB (he throws left handed).
http://sports.yahoo.com/cal/football/recruiting/player-D'Anfernee-McGriff-159490

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
He has signed his LOI and wants to be a gator. He says his scores are all good. What would be the holdup?

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
Well, I hope thats not the case. Wouldnt he know it by now?

Seems to me he would, as a few of us on here have eluded to, we think spivey may just be butthurt over saying he won't make it and now the kid is. But that's pure speculation

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Well, I hope thats not the case. Wouldnt he know it by now?

Maybe he's still waiting on the last grades to come thru? I dunno. I trust we'll start the new year off with a clear picture of who we have and who we don't. Until then, I'm eating more cookies.

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014

We better sign more defensive backs. He either runs over them or outruns them.
He reminds me of Herschel Walker a whole lot, big and fast.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This would be better than NCM signing
This. I'm more than happy if we just get McGriff. He is a stud. You can't teach speed AND power. I like his tape as well as anyone I've seen in HS recently, maybe since Richardson.

Last edited:

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Poor a little gravy on it and he'll ask for seconds.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I seem to remember last year that he was slated as an H back type

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015

Has anyone ever wondered how much the reporters for a certain school effect the recruits opinion of that school? Just seems like UF always has some real "heavy set" pasty white guys and gals interviewing the prospects. I would think an 17 or 18 year old athlete would rather talk to an attractive girl or at least a guy who's not a fat @ss or has a bowl cut. I may be way off base but every time I see an interview including one of them I get that feeling. Makes me wonder what a recruit thinks about a school when he always sees those people representing that school to a sense. Maybe coach Mac can recruit some more appealing "recruiting reporters".

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
While you may have a valid point, those fatazz reporters have zero to do with the university and neither mac nor foley have any say in who they are, what they look like, etc. They work for private organizations that while focused on athletics that pertain to a particular school, have no actual ties to that school. I'm sure we aren't the only school to have fatazz, old, white beat writers covering it.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Has anyone ever wondered how much the reporters for a certain school effect the recruits opinion of that school? Just seems like UF always has some real "heavy set" pasty white guys and gals interviewing the prospects. I would think an 17 or 18 year old athlete would rather talk to an attractive girl or at least a guy who's not a fat @ss or has a bowl cut. I may be way off base but every time I see an interview including one of them I get that feeling. Makes me wonder what a recruit thinks about a school when he always sees those people representing that school to a sense. Maybe coach Mac can recruit some more appealing "recruiting reporters".

You mean like this...

giphy.gif

Or maybe like this...

1421682614670.gif

I hear those female sports reporters can get a little freaky.

hqdefault.jpg

Instead of the same ole dribble we hear week after week I would imagine this reporter would receive a more stimulated response from these young men...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.